Political Discussion

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: Political Discussion

Post by palerider »

Noni wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:17 am Relieved that Jeremy Hunt has been made Chancellor. Not that I especially like him or anything, I was just worried they might be about to ask me.

I gather that 10 and 11 Downing Street are being fitted with revolving doors.
Astonishing how self-inflicted wounds can turn an 80 seat majority into an electoral whitewash in such a short space of time. The Tories ONLY chance of avoiding that spectre is to bring back Boris, which of course won't happen. The back-stabbers would do well to remember that as blue seats turn yellow in the south, red in the north. They'll stave off cries for the General election until the very last knockings but it will make fuck-all difference.

But a week is a long time in politics as they say. Easiest job in the world being in opposition. Just say everything the government proposes is shit in hard times. And right now it is. But apart from a few tap-ins I've not heard that oily cunt Starmer tell us about his own policies on stuff like immigration. And he's opposed to fracking. Fair enough Sherlock, I don't know enough about it, but what's your solution to the energy crisis ? I've not heard a thing.

Prepare for 5 years of hell under this charlatan. If you think THIS is bad.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I have a feeling Rishi short trousers will be in quite soon and Lizzie will be seen marching out of number 10 carrying her tits in a wheelbarrow.

I've just soiled my pantaloons.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:50 am I have a feeling Rishi short trousers will be in quite soon and Lizzie will be seen marching out of number 10 carrying her tits in a wheelbarrow.

My bell bottoms are in shreds.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:59 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:50 am I have a feeling Rishi short trousers will be in quite soon and Lizzie will be seen marching out of number 10 carrying her tits in a wheelbarrow.

My bell bottoms are in shreds.

I know the feeling.
I've had to undo my bike clips several times.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

She's got a pair that's for sure. I saw them bouncing up and down watching on the box yesterday.

The cats went into hiding.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Some MPs in the Conservative party feel close to giving up, and after weeks of market turmoil and political chaos the mood is bleak.

The debate in the past 72 hours has been how long Liz Truss can survive in Downing Street. A number of Conservative MPs have now called on the prime minister to go. More could well follow soon.

Get those revolving doors fitted soon to No 10 Downing Street!.... :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I've voted Conservative all my life, apart from voting for the Lib Dems when Michael Howard was appointed leader of the Tories. I think my political views are what could be called mainstream conservative. I don't think wealth is bad, in fact I believe it creates more wealth,. I think hard work and enterprise should be rewarded and, above all, I think people, not the state, should decide how to spend the money they work hard to earn.

But a system that allows 180,000 or so conservative party members to inflict a Liz Truss figure on the country is, frankly, absurd. The party doesn't need to be defeated at the next election, it needs to be totally routed. Only then I believe will it's financial backers, and let's face it these are the guys who at the end of the day run the show, show their teeth and demand an overhaul of the party apparatus to take control away from it's geriatric membership and return it to normal, hard working , people.

I honestly believe the majority in this country are what could be called "traditional" conservative voters. But the membership of the party today has been hijacked by a foaming mouthed, geriatric, attitude which still believes Britain has an Empire and is still relevant as a stand alone voice in world politics. When the mainstream support realises that we might get back the old conservative values.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Noni wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:56 am Some MPs in the Conservative party feel close to giving up, and after weeks of market turmoil and political chaos the mood is bleak.

The debate in the past 72 hours has been how long Liz Truss can survive in Downing Street. A number of Conservative MPs have now called on the prime minister to go. More could well follow soon.

Get those revolving doors fitted soon to No 10 Downing Street!.... :lol:
Looks like there was some sort of uproar in the Commons today. The Tory part appears to be on the brink of tearing itself apart which, if it gets rid of the lunatic nationalist element that seems to think it's in control at the moment, could make it the obvious party to govern once again.

Which is how it used to be before the lunatics took over the asylum.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Fuck me the Tories are going through more personnel than fucking Watford.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:03 pm Fuck me the Tories are going through more personnel than fucking Watford.
Never thought it would ever be said but this soppy cow makes fucking Jermeny Corbyn seem almost bloody Churchillian.

Where in the name of holy fuck do they dig these cunts up from ? Who's next Jacob Rees fucking Mogg for Christ's sake.