Ben Stokes - The Messiah!!

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
dorsetdano

Ben Stokes - The Messiah!!

Post by dorsetdano »

Can I be the first (as far as I know) to say I got him wrong! I thought making him captain would be the cricketing death of him. Instead it seems to have inspired and liberated him and the rest of the England team who were in a terrible place 9 months ago. I've always preferred test cricket to the one day game, but Stokes and McCullum have taken it too a new level. Of course the real test will be the Ashes, but all the signs are more than promising so far.

jameskel

Re: Ben Stokes - The Messiah!!

Post by jameskel »

It's been fantastic, but we still won't handle their 4 quicks
Covid in the Boardroom

palerider

Post by palerider »

jameskel wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:20 am It's been fantastic, but we still won't handle their 4 quicks
Probably only the three as it's in Blighty and Starc tends to be a big girlie if you get after him.

Yes, it's been a great ride and it will be exciting. Tight and will depend on us getting that cunt Smith out early I reckon.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:43 am Can I be the first (as far as I know) to say I got him wrong! I thought making him captain would be the cricketing death of him. Instead it seems to have inspired and liberated him and the rest of the England team who were in a terrible place 9 months ago. I've always preferred test cricket to the one day game, but Stokes and McCullum have taken it too a new level. Of course the real test will be the Ashes, but all the signs are more than promising so far.
Don't follow cricket but have got friends who are crazy about the bloody game, soma actually playing it at weekends in the summer FFS. They say pretty much the same as you but it seems that,in common with a lot of "England" cricketers Ben Stokes isn't actually English is he ? He was born in New Zealand which, I'm led to believe, is the same country the cricket team manager hails from. Makes a bit of a farce of international sport imo, just as having a bloody Aussie in charge of the Rugby team does and appointing Swedes and Italians to manage the national football team. I know there's nothing in the rules against it but it seems to defeat the object of international competition to have national teams managed by people of other nationalities.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:40 pm
dorsetdano wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:43 am Can I be the first (as far as I know) to say I got him wrong! I thought making him captain would be the cricketing death of him. Instead it seems to have inspired and liberated him and the rest of the England team who were in a terrible place 9 months ago. I've always preferred test cricket to the one day game, but Stokes and McCullum have taken it too a new level. Of course the real test will be the Ashes, but all the signs are more than promising so far.
Don't follow cricket but have got friends who are crazy about the bloody game, soma actually playing it at weekends in the summer FFS. They say pretty much the same as you but it seems that,in common with a lot of "England" cricketers Ben Stokes isn't actually English is he ? He was born in New Zealand which, I'm led to believe, is the same country the cricket team manager hails from. Makes a bit of a farce of international sport imo, just as having a bloody Aussie in charge of the Rugby team does and appointing Swedes and Italians to manage the national football team. I know there's nothing in the rules against it but it seems to defeat the object of international competition to have national teams managed by people of other nationalities.
I don’t care about any of that ( when we are winning) and it’s not as if this subject hasn’t been discussed on here umpteen fucking times before so … happy thread ? Yes please 😊
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Spot on Tim.

I've watched enough England performances playing cricket of McDullard proportions.

Bring it on I say.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:15 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:40 pm

I don’t care about any of that ( when we are winning) and it’s not as if this subject hasn’t been discussed on here umpteen fucking times before so … happy thread ? Yes please 😊
We are winning ? Never realised you had roots in the bloody Antipodean world. ;)

And we can't ban subjects just because they've been discussed before surely. What would happen to the discussions about to Moyes or not to Moyes ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:05 pm
Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:15 pm

We are winning ? Never realised you had roots in the bloody Antipodean world. ;)

And we can't ban subjects just because they've been discussed before surely. What would happen to the discussions about to Moyes or not to Moyes ?
Nope you’re quite right , it’s a forum even if it’s not a busy one though we all do our best by contributing the best we can .
It’d be nice if the Custodians of the Forum , you know , the ones with a YouTube channel with thousands of subscribers could even plug it occasionally in a few of their many video offerings , but alas it appears not to be .

So feel free mate to talk about Sven , Capello , Foreign managers (in any sport you choose) under 15 cup final suits , Tottenham & Arsenal’s training facilities , club owners rights to make pot fulls of dosh and Frank Stapleton’s Football Combination career to your hearts content .

:lol:

By the way , how’s your TV performing ?
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:24 pm

Nope you’re quite right , it’s a forum even if it’s not a busy one though we all do our best by contributing the best we can .
It’d be nice if the Custodians of the Forum , you know , the ones with a YouTube channel with thousands of subscribers could even plug it occasionally in a few of their many video offerings , but alas it appears not to be .

So feel free mate to talk about Sven , Capello , Foreign managers (in any sport you choose) under 15 cup final suits , Tottenham & Arsenal’s training facilities , club owners rights to make pot fulls of dosh and Frank Stapleton’s Football Combination career to your hearts content .

I made an inquiry abot one of those very attractive christmas jumpers -

'Are these made of that cotton-rich fibre, that when washed, go all baggy and out of shape like a worn dish cloth ?'
'Yes ther are, are you interested in a purchase, stock is decreasing fast'
'No,you have put my mind at rest,thanks'
'Cunt...'

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:24 pm

All good thanks. Although because of the World Cup there’s only been one week of “proper football” to use it with. Used the box sets bit to watch a few things though.

Good vfm. 👍

But your other point. !! Sadly I think this forum is going the way of the old Hammers Mad one. All the decent posters have fucked off and what.s left reminds me of traditional old style spit and sawdust pubs, frequented only by cunts like me who waffle on about particular bees in their bonnets, like B teams which you forgot to mention, or other equally sad souls recycling comments about ——-well, I think you know what I mean. The sort of vacuous wankers bellowing that “they” should do something about it without having any idea who “they” are and being totally unable to come up with ideas about what actually should be done.

Used to be a decent place for a good crack but sadly those days seem to have long gone.

Bah and fucking humbug. Cunts. :lol: