The Budget

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

The Budget

Post by palerider »

What a disgrace. Improved childcare payments to help women back to work ? Who the fuck is going to do the ironing and cooking ?

Hard-working men coming home after a day of graft at a not unreasonable time of 11pm having slaked their thirst at the Horse and Dogger to unwind need dinners on the table as soon as the front door closes.

Never would have happened in my day. It's true my father ordered my Mum onto Ripple Road selling matches after her chimney-sweeping round, but not at the expense of his cottage pie being piping hot after 8 pints of Guiness down the Harrow.

Fuck me. This poxy government will have us blokes fixing the loose tiles on the roof next !

Fuming.

Optimistic Lee

Re: The Budget

Post by Optimistic Lee »

palerider wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:39 pm What a disgrace. Improved childcare payments to help women back to work ? Who the fuck is going to do the ironing and cooking ?

Hard-working men coming home after a day of graft at a not unreasonable time of 11pm having slaked their thirst at the Horse and Dogger to unwind need dinners on the table as soon as the front door closes.

Never would have happened in my day. It's true my father ordered my Mum onto Ripple Road selling matches after her chimney-sweeping round, but not at the expense of his cottage pie being piping hot after 8 pints of Guiness down the Harrow.

Fuck me. This poxy government will have us blokes fixing the loose tiles on the roof next !

Fuming.
Fucking funny. Your pastiche send-up of the good old Victorian age cracked me up. Add in a bit of “please sir I want some more” and this Tory bunch of money grabbing millionaires will have us bang to rights
Tough times never last but tough people do

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:39 pm What a disgrace. Improved childcare payments to help women back to work ? Who the fuck is going to do the ironing and cooking ?

Fuming.
It's witchcraft Mon Ami.
Gone are the days when you could pop out for a week, spend your hard earned on a brass in a hotel and spunk the rent money on the Gigi's.
My old mum had to lay bricks for 8 hours come home and cook a four course meal before earning a bit extra doing the security in the clubs in the West end.

It's these woke bastards my learned friend.
I'm off out now with the night vision goggs and the gimp outfit, they'll be sorry I tell ya!!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Optimistic Lee

Post by Optimistic Lee »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:09 pm

Fuming.
It's witchcraft Mon Ami.
Gone are the days when you could pop out for a week, spend your hard earned on a brass in a hotel and spunk the rent money on the Gigi's.
My old mum had to lay bricks for 8 hours come home and cook a four course meal before earning a bit extra doing the security in the clubs in the West end.

It's these woke bastards my learned friend.
I'm off out now with the night vision goggs and the gimp outfit, they'll be sorry I tell ya!!
I fucking hate working alongside women. I am now going to throw myself into the lionesses den.

On a Monday morning when us blokes are still trying to recover from an intense alcoholic rampage and trying to keep our head down the ‘bubbly’ overweight ‘Office Manager’ bounds onto centre stage bellowing “ WHAT A WONDERFUL MORNING, LET’S REALLY THROW OURSELVES INTO THE SWING OF THINGS”. You can’t turn the volume down and you can’t kill her, but I was able to make my excuses and ‘THROW UP’ in the stair well.

I am ashen faced and considering when and where I can next spew my guts when I sense this overbearing presence. “LEE YOU LOOK ON FORM TODAY, MAKE SURE THAT WE ORDER THE CORRECT QUANTITY OF PAPER CLIPS AND FIND A SUITABLE STORAGE AREA. ( CAPS cause she’s still fucking bellowing). I really fucked up that week, didn’t meet my objectives, but she didn’t even notice because she had spent the whole week focusing on the next team building strategy which was to ‘donate’ cakes to the office on a rota schedule. My limited money at the time was committed to beer vouchers and I said to my male peers that “ she’s gonna fucking pay for this”. Of course, I was full of hot air and did fuck all. But eventually my tolerance broke.

This fucking woman, who typifies the female race, got me the sack because I said that buying fucking cakes on a rota basis was a stupid team building idea, I may have also called her a fat overbearing hog. Many tears and tissues later I was given my marching orders. I did however manage to temporarily steal away her favourite office plant and deliver a post vindaloo shit fertiliser.

Ain’t really gravitated upwards since then because, unless you work in a sewer, you are always gonna have to work alongside women. :lol:
Tough times never last but tough people do