West Ham Cemetery

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
tassiehammer

West Ham Cemetery

Post by tassiehammer »

Maybe some on here are dying to go there but...
It's a fucking disgrace. Just had my brother skyping as he tidied up the old man's resting place. The grass is higher than all the headstones. It looks like a field of hay waiting for the combined harvester. Last time I was there they had lags on day release keeping the place reasonably tidy but they must have all done a runner. Very sad state of affairs.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Newmarket

Re: West Ham Cemetery

Post by Newmarket »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:44 am Maybe some on here are dying to go there but...
It's a fucking disgrace. Just had my brother skyping as he tidied up the old man's resting place. The grass is higher than all the headstones. It looks like a field of hay waiting for the combined harvester. Last time I was there they had lags on day release keeping the place reasonably tidy but they must have all done a runner. Very sad state of affairs.
Maybe it’s going the same way as the cemetery down high street south near the Beckton flyover .
I remember it being so overgrown we could never even find my grandparents graves .

I think they declared it a wildlife sanctuary in the end .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:26 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:44 am Maybe some on here are dying to go there but...
Maybe it’s going the same way as the cemetery down high street south near the Beckton flyover .
I remember it being so overgrown we could never even find my grandparents graves .

Is it politically incorrect to say it's a very grave situation ?

On a serious note is it the responsibility of the local authority or the god squad to maintain a semblance of tidiness.? I would guess the church. But of course they'll plead poverty.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:00 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:26 pm

On a serious note is it the responsibility of the local authority or the god squad to maintain a semblance of tidiness.? I would guess the church. But of course they'll plead poverty.
🙂Very grave. On the website it looks like it's owned and run by Newham council. That explains why it's such a mess.

And talking of graves. I was offered a cut price deal on a burial plot.
I thought that's the last thing I need.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

tassiehammer wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:38 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:00 pm

🙂Very grave. On the website it looks like it's owned and run by Newham council. That explains why it's such a mess.

And talking of graves. I was offered a cut price deal on a burial plot.
I thought that's the last thing I need.
:lol:

Very good sir.

:lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

It's these cremation plans on tv that do my fucking head in.

Vultures preying on the sick and elderly.

The CEO's of these companies should be made to try it first.

Lesteraction

Post by Lesteraction »

It is a complete embarrassment. Just finished skyping with my brother while he cleaned the old man's final resting place. All of the tombstones are higher than the grass. It appears to be a hayfield that is awaiting the combined harvester. When I was there before, they had day release lags keeping the facility pretty clean, but they all seemed to have left. a very depressing situation.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Lesteraction wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:35 pm It is a complete embarrassment. Just finished skyping with my brother while he cleaned the old man's final resting place. All of the tombstones are higher than the grass. It appears to be a hayfield that is awaiting the combined harvester. When I was there before, they had day release lags keeping the facility pretty clean, but they all seemed to have left. a very depressing situation.
I assume you meant that the grass is higher than all the tombstones?

It's always a bit sad to see cemeteries and memorials kept in a bad state, and a bit of a kick in the guts to those that have loved ones there.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:59 pm
Lesteraction wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:35 pm It is a complete embarrassment. Just finished skyping with my brother while he cleaned the old man's final resting place. All of the tombstones are higher than the grass. It appears to be a hayfield that is awaiting the combined harvester. When I was there before, they had day release lags keeping the facility pretty clean, but they all seemed to have left. a very depressing situation.

It's always a bit sad to see cemeteries and memorials kept in a bad state, and a bit of a kick in the guts to those that have loved ones there.
Not sure what he means or what happened but that's nearly word for word that I opened with.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:52 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:59 pm

Not sure what he means or what happened but that's nearly word for word that I opened with.
So he has. And it’s been edited a little.

Creepy.

Edit: I think he’s correcting your grammar. He mustn’t have much going on.