Glasto

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Glasto

Post by palerider »

The usual nose to tail throng of cars full of unwashed junkies blighting the Somerset countryside this morning. Totally ruined my usual Monday dogging excursion.

Watched a bit on tv. Despite shit reviews I thoroughly enjoyed Gun N' Roses and Elton stole the show but I wish he'd have done a version of Electric Six's 'Gay Bar' for his finale.

Would have been a hoot.

JayK

Re: Glasto

Post by JayK »

I quite liked gnr but mainly for watching slash. The geezer is a genius. I believe the mic was faulty too apparently
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:25 pm The usual nose to tail throng of cars full of unwashed junkies blighting the Somerset countryside this morning. Totally ruined my usual Monday dogging excursion.

Watched a bit on tv. Despite shit reviews I thoroughly enjoyed Gun N' Roses and Elton stole the show but I wish he'd have done a version of Electric Six's 'Gay Bar' for his finale.

Would have been a hoot.
Nothing worse my learned friend.
One minute you're watching a 20 stone Munster getting the botty pumped in the back of a vauxhall viva and the next along comes a gaggle of woke cunts covered in shat traipsing by to ruin the mood.
Bastards!!!!!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

No Pendulum no interest.

Sorry.
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:52 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:25 pm The usual nose to tail throng of cars full of unwashed junkies blighting the Somerset countryside this morning. Totally ruined my usual Monday dogging excursion.

Would have been a hoot.

One minute you're watching a 20 stone Munster getting the botty pumped in the back of a vauxhall viva
The curtains will have to go to Sketchleys now.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I also saw Lewis Capaldi's struggle on stage, obviously affected by his Tourette's problem.

It was heartwarming to see the support he got from the crowd.

His emotional rendering of 'Someone You Loved.......cunt' brought tears to my eyes.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:57 am I also saw Lewis Capaldi's struggle on stage, obviously affected by his Tourette's problem.

His emotional rendering of 'Someone You Loved.......cunt' brought tears to my eyes.
😂
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Optimistic Lee

Post by Optimistic Lee »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:57 am I also saw Lewis Capaldi's struggle on stage, obviously affected by his Tourette's problem.

I too watched that wonderful performance by Capaldi with an inner emotion that I could not control and so I too shed tears.

I have to admit that until catching this performance I had only ever caught his songs through the radio whilst driving and thought that he sounded okay.

It took some bottle to appear on stage knowing that he was fucked from the outset and I totally respect him for persevering through to the end with the amazing vocal support of his thousands of fans.

Good luck Lewis. I wish you a speedy recovery because you are clearly a man of strong resilience and drive. You are a great performer and your fans need you back on stage or recording soonest.
Tough times never last but tough people do

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Guns and Roses...shit, Blondie...shit, Arctics, ....surprisingly shit, Rick Astley...FFS, Elton, still can play a piano, but his voice is proper Karaoke.
Fat boy slim certainly got the place jumping for a while, but watching a 59 year old, waving his hands about miming along to some sampled songs wouldn't be my idea of fun.
Cat Stevens was brilliant, and lightning seeds were good fun.
All in all, not sure what the fuss is about.