Food Allergies

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
frogiron

Food Allergies

Post by frogiron »

I get very pissed off with people who claim to have food allergies when what they actually mean is they don't like something.

Clearly, if your head swells up like a beach ball when you sniff a peanut, you have a legitimate need to point out your allergy.

But when you get people running round like fucking idiots trying to find gluten free bread because otherwise it makes you feel a bit bloaty, then I think you should take a long hard look at yourself.

I read recently that of all those claiming to be intolerant, 86% showed no evidence that that was the case.

In other words, they were fucking attention seeking.

I have no problem with people deciding on a diet that makes them happy and feel healthy, and following it quietly and privately. What fucks me off are the "look at me" ones who love the special treatment that odd dietary requirements bring. Oh no, I;'m different. I'm special. Make me a special meal. Twats.

And for the Veggies, I'd ask this question. When you come to my house for dinner, you expect me to cook a vegetarian dish. To respect your dietary choice. Which I do. But when I come to yours, so you make me something with meat?
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

palerider

Re: Food Allergies

Post by palerider »

I'm allergic to Doner Kebabs.

Every time I eat one I'm sick during the night.

whu

Post by whu »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

whu

Post by whu »

frogiron wrote:I get very pissed off with people who claim to have food allergies when what they actually mean is they don't like something.

Clearly, if your head swells up like a beach ball when you sniff a peanut, you have a legitimate need to point out your allergy.

But when you get people running round like fucking idiots trying to find gluten free bread because otherwise it makes you feel a bit bloaty, then I think you should take a long hard look at yourself.

I read recently that of all those claiming to be intolerant, 86% showed no evidence that that was the case.

I have no problem with people deciding on a diet that makes them happy and feel healthy, and following it quietly and privately. What fucks me off are the "look at me" ones who love the special treatment that odd dietary requirements bring. Oh no, I;'m different. I'm special. Make me a special meal. Twats.

And for the Veggies, I'd ask this question. When you come to my house for dinner, you expect me to cook a vegetarian dish. To respect your dietary choice. Which I do. But when I come to yours, so you make me something with meat?
how you doing mate? well i hope.

the wife is a veggie, i'm not. you come round to mine and a meaty feast will arrive on your plate. i cook most of the time anyway. modern girls can't seem to grasp this fucking oven thing. it's a push to get her to darn my socks, scrub the back step and fill the coal bunker ffs, what is the world coming to.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I've been hospitalised three times over the past two years due to food allergies and I'll be on heavy medication for the rest of my life.

Last time I was rushed to hospital in an ambulance at 3 in the morning, given a ton of morphine and was put on the emergency op's ward. I had ingested too much yeast which at the time I had no idea I was actually allergic too.

My youngest daughter (2 years old) has inherited my problems and has to see a consultant pediatrician in London every month. If she had anything with even a trace of Soy or dairy it would be off to the hospital straight away.

Allergies are serious business and not to be confused with intolerance or sensitivities.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Gonzo wrote:I've been hospitalised three times over the past two years due to food allergies and I'll be on heavy medication for the rest of my life.

Last time I was rushed to hospital in an ambulance at 3 in the morning, given a ton of morphine and was put on the emergency op's ward. I had ingested too much yeast which at the time I had no idea I was actually allergic too.

My youngest daughter (2 years old) has inherited my problems and has to see a consultant pediatrician in London every month. If she had anything with even a trace of Soy or dairy it would be off to the hospital straight away.

Allergies are serious business and not to be confused with intolerance or sensitivities.
100% agree with you Gonzo as my wife carries an EPI-pen because of her allergies, as for me I find I'm intolerant of any fucker from N17 and pretty much sensitive to every other fucker except for those who enjoy life in E13 (and of course E20) ;)
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

whu wrote:
frogiron wrote:I get very pissed off with people who claim to have food allergies when what they actually mean is they don't like something.

how you doing mate? well i hope.

the wife is a veggie, i'm not. you come round to mine and a meaty feast will arrive on your plate. i cook most of the time anyway. modern girls can't seem to grasp this fucking oven thing. it's a push to get her to darn my socks, scrub the back step and fill the coal bunker ffs, what is the world coming to.
I have found this also, the modern wench is fucking hopeless in the kitchen. Grab a packet of bangers out of the fridge and they immediately think you want sex or to use them in some kind of perverted lewd act. Gone are the days when a woman would succumb to a good back scuttling over the kitchen table before knocking you up a full english.
My other half has recently had to take time off from work and it's a fucking nightmare, the cars a mess, there's leaves everywhere out the back and the dogs sitting there looking like a fucking biafran where he hasn't been walked ffs.
Give them the shopping channel and the odd soap opera and they're as happy as Larry, but ask them for an omelette and they're off to the shops to hunt for a Mary berry cook book. An awful state of affairs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

I've noticed,as has mrs Ecc,that I have developed quite a few intolerances as I have got older. ;)
Cheap or poor whiskey is quite intolerable,as is pissy lager,poor service in stores I find intolerable and have found myself voicing my displeasure of late. On the subject of pens as mentioned earlier in this thread, I find it intolerable that Screwfix never top up their pen pot, as don't Argos. How the hell am I supposed to steal them if none are there? Whilst the list of my intolerables grows bigger today it escalated. A customer, whose house I was working on presented me and my colleague a tray of coffee and biscuits( hob knobs) in spud cups!...
Intolerable!
:(
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

eastcoastclaret wrote:I've noticed,as has mrs Ecc,that I have developed quite a few intolerances as I have got older. ;)
Cheap or poor whiskey is quite intolerable,as is pissy lager,poor service in stores I find intolerable and have found myself voicing my displeasure of late. On the subject of pens as mentioned earlier in this thread, I find it intolerable that Screwfix never top up their pen pot, as don't Argos. How the hell am I supposed to steal them if none are there? Whilst the list of my intolerables grows bigger today it escalated. A customer, whose house I was working on presented me and my colleague a tray of coffee and biscuits( hob knobs) in spud cups!...
Intolerable!
:(
Hob nobs in spud cups, the dirty no good cunt.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

deanox

Post by deanox »

I'm all for equality and I don't even give a fuck if my wife wants to be an airline pilot as long she has my diner on the table when I get home from the pub!
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"