Van, any recommendations?

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Van, any recommendations?

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Thinking of buying a van for work. I hate transits but need something similar. Swb,not high top and good on diesel. It will not be new cos I'm not rich, thinking of 2005/6
What do the Hammerchat faithful have or would recommend?
Gut instincts were a Vito or a transporter but they too expensive for me.
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Newmarket

Re: Van, any recommendations?

Post by Newmarket »

Bit smaller than what your after I think but I hear good stuff about the Citroen Berlingo
Bring back Jonathon !

Sofa

Post by Sofa »

Ive got a 15 plate Renault traffic business. And it's great. I do a tank of derv a week doing 120miles per day.
cant fault it.

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Newmarket wrote:Bit smaller than what your after I think but I hear good stuff about the Citroen Berlingo

I've heard good things about the Belingo/ Peugeot partner but too small for me.
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

eastcoastclaret wrote:Thinking of buying a van for work. I hate transits but need something similar. Swb,not high top and good on diesel. It will not be new cos I'm not rich, thinking of 2005/6

I've got a XLWB Sprinter which is huge and a new shape Transit Custom.

You can't go wrong with a SWB Sprinter though even if it has 150k on the clock. I picked one up for a grand a few years ago and sold it 4 years later for the same amount with 240k on the clock and I bet it's still going now.

The VW's have a golf engine which is not ideal. You really want something that is chain driven rather than concerning yourself with all that belt nonsense.

Your van is what earns you your money so it must be reliable.

DM me if you want mate because I've driven them all more or less

eastcoastclaret

Anyone else with ideas or have a view?

Currently looking at the Vivaro/trafic/Primastar. Been told the 6 speed gearbox and injectors are shit, especially the earlier ones which is where my budget is.

eastcoastclaret

Gonzo wrote:
eastcoastclaret wrote:Thinking of buying a van for work. I hate transits but need something similar. Swb,not high top and good on diesel. It will not be new cos I'm not rich, thinking of 2005/6

You can't go wrong with a SWB Sprinter though even if it has 150k on the clock. I picked one up for a grand a few years ago and sold it 4 years later for the same amount with 240k on the clock and I bet it's still going now.

The VW's have a golf engine which is not ideal. You really want something that is chain driven rather than concerning yourself with all that belt nonsense.

Cheers Gonzo, I really do like the Merc, sprinter is a bit too big mate but the Vito would be my ideal choice. Trouble is they are utterly fucked in my budget range and just too damn old/rusty. :(

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

eastcoastclaret wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Cheers Gonzo, I really do like the Merc, sprinter is a bit too big mate but the Vito would be my ideal choice. Trouble is they are utterly fucked in my budget range and just too damn old/rusty. :(

Got to be a transit then mate. Steer clear of the Vivaro as the gearboxes are unreliable. The Primastar is okay.

Peugeot's are the least reliable apparently.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Like Astral Weeks personally