TT I.O.M

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

TT I.O.M

Post by mkhammer »

As much as I love this,it's a tough watch,
Another 5 guys got killed this year.
Ian Bell.58
Adrian Soar.32
Paul Shoesmith.50
Dwight Beare.27.
Dean Martin.58
These guys know the risk's I know,but just wanted to put their name's out there.
The only thing you can say is they died doing something they loved.

blackcountryhammer

Re : TT I.O.M

Post by blackcountryhammer »

that's brutal ,I wouldn't be surprised if it gets stopped now

mkhammer

Re: TT I.O.M

Post by mkhammer »

Hi Blackcountry ,they average bout 3 deaths a year,so far over 250 riders have died during TTs on isle of man.
Bloody crazy I know,but like I said if you know the risks and still prepared to go out there.........

If you've never watched it ,check it out on youtube,scariest thing you will ever see.
They are the most down to earth ,nicest guys you could wish to meet,no big egos,
no big money envolved,just doing for the love of bikes.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

The riders know the risks associated with the TT. Everybody does - it's part of the attraction.

I race dirt track sidecars with a mate. It's a relatively cheap form of motorsport, and a bit of a thrill. Last year, two passengers were tragically killed in separate racing incidents, however these were the only incidents (that I'm aware of) where fatalities occurred in this form of racing.

At speeds up to 150kmh, only millimetres from the ground, close proximity to wooden or concrete barriers, and rubbing and bumping other bikes, it does get the adrenaline pumping.

And I would suggest you could multiply that adrenaline by ten on the TT. I'd love to have a go at it, but I'm probably too old, fat, and unfit, and after hearing of the fatalities year after year, I doubt that I have the balls for it anymore.

I love watching the TT, and have a great respect those that compete. It's on the bucket list (to watch).

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Hi OZ,Great post ,my thoughts exactly.
Ian Bell was racing sidecar when killed,had his son in chair/passenger.
Can't imagine the pain for family.

doughboy

Post by doughboy »

It really is the only motorsport worth watching, the rest of it is boring as fuck. They should also put the northwest 200 on the telly too, that's in Belfast BTW, not far from the bushmills distillery. Nice..!!
God save the Queen...
Coz tourists are MONEY...!!!