David Beckham, Sir?

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Clayton

Re: David Beckham, Sir?

Post by Clayton »

Really dont understand why he should be , but then these days almost anyone can get a Knighthood.

Thames

Post by Thames »

[/quote] My point of this thread is why he is demanding this honour and should be handed to you as a matter of respect not entitlement. I'm sure we will see David knighted soon and in that case well deserved but don't demand it.[/quote]

Where has he said this mate?

Noni

Post by Noni »

Thames wrote:
My point of this thread is why he is demanding this honour and should be handed to you as a matter of respect not entitlement. I'm sure we will see David knighted soon and in that case well deserved but don't demand it.[/quote]

Where has he said this mate?[/quote]

http://news--site.com/2017/02/04/explos ... rity-work/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many tabloid papers!... Not a good source of information I admit, but made me angry when I heard this.. Don't get wrong as a footballer he was too overrated in my opinion but has done better off the pitch.

Thames

Post by Thames »

I'd assume the Beano and Viz are included! :lol:

"allegedly show Beckham raging at not being knighted by the Queen and demanding UNICEF foot the bill for some of his charity work"....yeah, allegedly!

“one of the most important things in my life at the moment is my charity work,” he said. “It’s not just about the amount of money that we raise, it’s meeting these children, it’s knowing that we are changing children’s lives.”.....criminal, proper cunt him! FFS

HampshireHammer

Post by HampshireHammer »

No, no, no, no.

And this isn't just because no one likes a cockney Red.

Thames

Post by Thames »

HampshireHammer wrote:No, no, no, no.

And this isn't just because no one likes a cockney Red.

Why no, no, no, no?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

frogiron wrote:
Oziron wrote:
I agree ...Knighthoods should be reserved for those who really deserve it like Jimmy Saville, Mick Jagger & Rod Stewart......FFS
:i am genuinely amused:

Or indeed some chinless civil servant who went to school, then university - all on the taxpayers money. Then got his cushy job as a civil servant and still gets paid by the taxpayer. He keeps his head down for thirty years until he can retire on a fat pension, having achieved fuck all, contributed fuck all, just played office politics for a lifetime. And then we give the cunt a knighthood to say thank you for his sacrifice. The worlds fucking mental.
Spot on.

They have never done a proper days work in their life and are rewarded with the life of Riley all because of their class.

Makes me bloody vomit.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Thames wrote:Of course he should be. A fantastic professional football player for club and country. A genuinely nice bloke who has no doubt given to many charities.
Far too sensible a thought for on here fella.