British politics.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

British politics.

Post by Neville Bartos »

What a fucking shambles it is.
Considering the utter fucking hash the Tories are making of just about everything, only Jeremy Corbyn and his band of non-entities, masquerading as a front bench, could fail to make hay.
Since the Lib Dems decided to betray their principles for a taste of power I've had little choice but to vote for independents at every election since.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BillyDWhizz

Re: British politics.

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Neville Bartos wrote:What a fucking shambles it is.
Considering the utter fucking hash the Tories are making of just about everything, only Jeremy Corbyn and his band of non-entities, masquerading as a front bench, could fail to make hay.
Since the Lib Dems decided to betray their principles for a taste of power I've had little choice but to vote for independents at every election since.
What's pissing me off is the Murdochlodyte press constantly reminding anyone who'll listen how Labour didn't pick up more seats in London, whilst completely glossing over the fact that the Tories have lost more seats than anyone else bar UKIP in these local elections - in fact only the Tories and UKIP DID lose seats, everyone else gained. That said, you're right Nev, sadly people don't vote for the party with the better policies, they vote for the person they perceive to hate less.

If Labour had picked a can of fucking baked beans as leader rather than Corbyn they probably would have trounced May last year.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Noni

Post by Noni »

If I was in UK now, would vote for the Looney Party or the Green Party...

Not sure if the Lonney Party still exists?

All the main parties are a bunch of lying toe rags (cunts)

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Personally I wouldn't waste shoe leather on any of the cunts.
Guy Fawkes had the right idea.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Who were your favourite PM's?

Winston Churchill and John Major are mine.

grandad

Post by grandad »

BillyDWhizz wrote:
What's pissing me off is the Murdochlodyte press constantly reminding anyone who'll listen how Labour didn't pick up more seats in London, whilst completely glossing over the fact that the Tories have lost more seats than anyone else bar UKIP in these local elections - in fact only the Tories and UKIP DID lose seats, everyone else gained. That said, you're right Nev, sadly people don't vote for the party with the better policies, they vote for the person they perceive to hate less.

If Labour had picked a can of fucking baked beans as leader rather than Corbyn they probably would have trounced May last year.

Very true

any person who looks at labour now and are fucked off with may and her lot think she's fucking useless I know but him how can I vote for him ...................... Abbott and McDonnell just about stop most people voting labour

May is shit we know but gezza and the other 2 lol well lets just hope it never happens l
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Maybe that's the way forward.

I voted Lib Dem in the local election down here because of local issues. Labour didn't even have a candidate. The ward was won by an Independent, campaigning for different local issues. And despite all the furore about Brexit and Windrush, people tend to vote for local issues. A small percentage don't but Thursday shouldn't be used as an indicator as lots can change very quickly.

May is toast imo. But she'll do her damnedest to enable the Tories to cling to power until 2022 when the next General Election is due. Corbyn will be 72 by then. If he had any sense he'd be looking for his successor right now, but the man's an egotistical twat and he won't, not with his Momentum buddies and Len McCluskey propping him up. If there were a General Election this week, it would be 50/50. If anyone else like Andy Burnham, Hilary Benn or Chukka Umunna were the leader it would be a Labour landslide as long as he placated the Leave the EU camp.

So, the country remains in shit.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Noni wrote:Who were your favourite PM's?

Winston Churchill and John Major are mine.
Winston Churchill wasn't a nice man. The man was a racist, elitist, anti-Semite, who's previous bunglings include Gallipoli, the Tonypandy riots, The Sydney Street siege, several cash for influence scandals, his handling of the Irish problem and later on the Bengal famine. He was in the political wilderness and a mistrusted non entity until an even more right wing nutter decided to have a pop at Western Europe. WW2 saved his reputation in all honesty.

John Major. He fucked Edwina.

Clement Atlee, he's my...ummm can you actually use the word "favourite" when talking about politicians? No matter, He was the man who rebuilt a bombed out and bankrupt Britain after the war. A man who's own privileged background did not detract from his mission of providing for every class of Britain. If only modern politicians (Of any party) had one tenth of his vision.

David Lloyd George - Didn't fuck Edwina. However, he was a great war leader and a visionary. He should be remembered much more fondly than he actually is.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

Must be world wide its embarrassingly bad mate i vote just to get my name crossed off these daysbad i know but true

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

Our best is bob Hawke 87 still schulling schooners at oxford i think was in Guinness book of recordsworld record for a yard glass we are a nation of drunks and proud of it when you think back to the confic days our 1st currency was rum