Subtle. Not.

All the boring stuff!!
Gonzo

Re: Subtle. Not.

Post by Gonzo »

frogiron wrote:For info Mr. The Gonzo, that ad has not appeared yesterday or today.

Thank you for listening!

:)

My pleasure mr frogster.

Obviously was just an error while the tech guys were messing around changing the sizing over.

We have a banner at the top and one at the bottom which Adblock will work on and we were very clear not to have pop-ups.

We are in full control now though and not beholden to anyone so we'd just take anything down that got in the way.

To be honest that pop up could have proved quite useful if it was covering a picture of Red or Avit.

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

This is today's treat Gonzo.

Same thing I'm afraid - different ad though, which is at least giving some variety.

And just to reiterate, I do run Adblocker as well as other pop-up blockers.

If I close the browser and reload several times, the pop up gives up.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Post by 1234 »

frogiron wrote:Image

Same thing I'm afraid - different ad though, which is at least giving some variety.

At least show the whole offer as some of us may be interested.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

frogiron wrote:Image

I've sent off the image Frog, very strange to be honest. . . . . . i wonder if it's a location issue.

Our ad's have the 'ad-choices' logo in the corner of the banner and this looks like a different company altogether?

Anyway, I've just sent the image off to the advertisers to check.

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

Gonzo mate -

This is a friendly comment mate, not a complaint, but I thought I should let you know.

Things are deteriorating rapidly.

Today, I get this:

I get this: Image

But when I get around this by closing and reopening the browser a few times, I now also get a pop up fucking movie from Turkish Airlines. A proper TV ad which opens on its own and I can't get shot of until it is finished.

There is a banner at the top of the page.

A banner at the bottom.

And then two rows of shitty clickbait links which to be frank mate, I can do without.

And on top of that, I now I get a full page ad after closing the site for some fucking online tank war game.

I get that you need to fund the site mate, I really do.

But for what it's worth, this is exactly what used to happen with Hammersmad. Betting sites with massive pop-ups, frankly embarrassing clickbait links, the main difference was that with Hammersmad, the games ad that popped up after closing the site was World of Warcraft.

I'm not Bill Gates, but I know my way round HTML5 and CSS, so I'm not a dimwit who doesn't know how to protect and operate a PC. And I'm sorry to say this is the only site I have any of these type issues with. It has to be down to your hosting service, or the company who you licence the forum template from. None of my business I guess, but it ain't good.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

frogiron wrote:Gonzo mate -

This is a friendly comment mate, not a complaint, but I thought I should let you know.

Things are deteriorating rapidly.

Today, I get this:

I get this: Image

But when I get around this by closing and reopening the browser a few times, I now also get a pop up fucking movie from Turkish Airlines. A proper TV ad which opens on its own and I can't get shot of until it is finished.

There is a banner at the top of the page.

A banner at the bottom.

And then two rows of shitty clickbait links which to be frank mate, I can do without.

And on top of that, I now I get a full page ad after closing the site for some fucking online tank war game.

I get that you need to fund the site mate, I really do.

But for what it's worth, this is exactly what used to happen with Hammersmad. Betting sites with massive pop-ups, frankly embarrassing clickbait links, the main difference was that with Hammersmad, the games ad that popped up after closing the site was World of Warcraft.

I'm not Bill Gates, but I know my way round HTML5 and CSS, so I'm not a dimwit who doesn't know how to protect and operate a PC. And I'm sorry to say this is the only site I have any of these type issues with. It has to be down to your hosting service, or the company who you licence the forum template from. None of my business I guess, but it ain't good.

Mate, I fully understand what you are saying.

All I can say is that I have sent an email off today and sent a picture of your pop-up.

I am fully aware of what happened with Hammersmad and I have stressed that there should be no pop-ups.

I'm obviously slightly confused because my ad-blocker blocks everything and when I unblock or use my ipad I only see ads at the top and bottom. . . . . . not a single pop-up.

You don't need to explain that you understand that I need to fund the site, I get it that you understand the concept.

All I can say is that I have instructed the company to have adverts at the top and bottom and NOTHING that obstructs the content in any way.

As for the hosting company, the database is from my own PC and the server is one that I pay for and doesn't send out ads in any way.

I am investigating but two things are making it drag.

1. It's not an 'ad-choices' advert or even a UK one by the looks of it
2. You are the only person having this issue as far as I know.

That being said I am doing everything I can to investigate mate as you can see below.
complaint.jpg
complaint.jpg (93.14 KiB) Viewed 6004 times

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Got a response Frog.

Evidently it was the advertisers, I do apologise as I had no idea that they were doing it and I've instructed them to stop the ads. I've no idea why they had France specific ads and it was certainly never explained to me

I have enclosed the image below but he has since replied again to confirm that he has removed that pop-up campaign.

Complaint 2.jpg
Complaint 2.jpg (150.62 KiB) Viewed 5991 times

Apologies again and hopefully that sorts it out.

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

Cheers Gonzo -

That is very kind of you mate.

As I have said, I really am OK with advertising, it was purely a case that it as getting out of control - you used exactly the right word "aggressive". Sorry to cause any grief!
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

frogiron wrote:Cheers Gonzo -

That is very kind of you mate.

As I have said, I really am OK with advertising, it was purely a case that it as getting out of control - you used exactly the right word "aggressive". Sorry to cause any grief!

No, not at all.

If you hadn't mentioned it I'd never have known because clearly there are different types of adverts for different regions.

The honest truth is that we Iwil earn $50 this month from advertising but have spent 1.4k on the website and app.. . Can't be more transparent than that.

I don't stipulate what the ads will be. Could be Worthers Originals, KFC or William Hill for all I know and care.

What I can control is where the ads are placed and that is at the top and bottom. . . I was actually very clear about advertising not obstructing the content.

Hopefully he's done it now though and you can carry on reading Newmarkets dour posts without a sweaty generic continental footballer getting in the way

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

$50 ?

Fifty fucking dollars.

You greedy robbing cunt, Gonzo.

You could have at least had a divvy up with us all.

:evil:
GTFOOOCYTPPOC