Claret Members

All the boring stuff!!
Sligo hammer

Claret Members

Post by Sligo hammer »

I'm an academy member for a number of years and never really had any difficulty buying match tickets until the last couple of games at the Boleyn.
Now with the move to the new stadium and with 52,000 season tickets sold out of the 60K capacity which leaves 8K tickets for Claret Members and away support I don't see myself getting to many games this season.
Anyone know how many members we have, also how many tickets of the 8K will go to the away support?

mkhammer

Re: Claret Members

Post by mkhammer »

Yeah Sligo,same situation,only do about 12-15 homes a season now,never had a prob getting tkts thru
academy, mates etc.
But haven't yet renewed ,as it would would be a waste of time for me to go into a ballot every time I could make a game.
Gonna be a tough year for non season tkt holders I'm afraid mate,London derbies and the other top 4-5 clubs will all be
balloted.
There's going to be quite a few newcomers and fairweather supporters in the ground,when some Hardcore non
season tkt holders not being able to go.
Personally I started to feel I was being blackmailed into buying a season tkt if I wanted to keep on watching the Irons,
The club never paid any attention to some of it's real fan base .I.E long term Academy members, with the allocation
of the last few games last year, or the allocation of Season tkts this.
They went for easiest quickest route to flog their tkts to anyone who wanted cheap football tkts.

mitford

Post by mitford »

as said above there will be plenty of tickets for sale through season ticket holders reselling tickets,

whilst on holiday i got chatting to one of the staff about football and i was talking to him about west ham and saying me n the mrs are going to the Juventus game when the guy playing pool said me and my son are going , anyway as it turns out this guy and his son have season tickets for west ham and are Arsenal supporters :o

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

West ham are no longer a fan based club,but are now a Tkt sales based club(sign of the times??)
Last night was partly ruined for me by the constant advertising for more Claret Club members,
Just trying to garner a few more grand,and sling a few more people into their ballots.

So giving the true members even less chance of a ticket.

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Have to concur Belfast Hammers are banjaxed To see the Hammers we need a bit of notice re organising flights and hotel but the ballot process makes it difficult I believe the ballot process will operate for "all" games not just derbies and top 4 and 5 teams. We as a club have bought 8 season ticket holders. Non attenders for some games may mean a little more access to tickets but difficult you can appreciate. As a member for donkeys years I have bought flights and hotel and even if I don;t get a ticket I will soak up the atmosphere. So saying prayers that my ballot will be successful. On a personal note I founded Belfast Hammers in 1999 and while I love the club the relationship between supporters clubs like ours has been poor. Any request for shirt signing etc has had a negative response. As for Sligo Hammer he should stay in touch with Belfast Hammers and we will see what we can do if the ST holders cant make a game WE are all newly fangled and maybe things will ease up COYI

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

belfasthammer wrote:Have to concur Belfast Hammers are banjaxed To see the Hammers we need a bit of notice re organising flights and hotel but the ballot process makes it difficult I believe the ballot process will operate for "all" games not just derbies and top 4 and 5 teams. We as a club have bought 8 season ticket holders. Non attenders for some games may mean a little more access to tickets but difficult you can appreciate. As a member for donkeys years I have bought flights and hotel and even if I don;t get a ticket I will soak up the atmosphere. So saying prayers that my ballot will be successful. On a personal note I founded Belfast Hammers in 1999 and while I love the club the relationship between supporters clubs like ours has been poor. Any request for shirt signing etc has had a negative response. As for Sligo Hammer he should stay in touch with Belfast Hammers and we will see what we can do if the ST holders cant make a game WE are all newly fangled and maybe things will ease up COYI

Yes mate there should be some kinda priority system for supporters clubs,and long term members,
instead we are just thrown in to a ballot with someone who maybe just want an occasional game
at the OS.
There was only 23-24,000 STs at UP,the other 10,000 were made up mainly of members,
we seem to have been totally forgotten in all that's been going on Tkt wise.
Personally I've seen West Ham in the region off 850 times,since 73 ,only get down to dozen or so games
these days,never not got a Tkt for any game,via members or mates.
I really enjoyed the ability the membership gives you,last year i was able to sit in every part of
the ground,north,south,upper,lower ,Chicken run against tots,had a brilliant season.
People are members for a varying degree of reasons,
and West Ham I'm afraid are only into tkt sales now, not looking after their long term supporters.

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Good point