Suggestions

All the boring stuff!!
Вест Хам

Suggestions

Post by Вест Хам »

I used to run a footie forum, and currently run another forum. Figured I'd drop in some suggestions, while I'm at it. :)

1.) Suggestion-specific section: A place to drop suggestions, and so that it's easier for other users to see and for admin to differentiate. Have it under a "Site info" forum that includes the News & Updates section.

2.) Differing sections: I think West Ham-specific discussion should have it's own forum with sections for general West Ham talk, and player discussions (for transfers, rumors, player news and lineups). I think the Match thread archive should be a sub-section in the general West Ham section, as to keep it tucked away. It would make the site look a little more expanded. It would also allow for West Ham-specific content to be a major focus. Since West Ham and and general footie stuff is together.

I would then make "other football" it's own section. This can clear out and make sure that people who are interested in something can find it easily without needing to go through the same sections. Off-topic talk can stay the way it is.

3.) I'm not sure if you guys have thought of moving to MyBB, but I think it would be good. It's free but a little more advanced.

I could help out, if anyone wants me to. By help out, I mean, set up a demo that shows what I mean. You may or may not be interested, but I think it'd be good to at least consider some of the things I said.

chao.

Hammer1952

Re: Suggestions

Post by Hammer1952 »

I would add that your Rules saying :" You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar language " etc has clearly been dropped and that abuse between members is permitted. I can go join WestHamOnline for that...don't need it.
Good Luck with your site but this is one hammer who won't be staying.

Вест Хам

Post by Вест Хам »

Huh ok

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Hammer1952 wrote:I would add that your Rules saying :" You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar language " etc has clearly been dropped and that abuse between members is permitted. I can go join WestHamOnline for that...don't need it.
Good Luck with your site but this is one hammer who won't be staying.
Bollocks :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !