Adverts

All the boring stuff!!
h69

Adverts

Post by h69 »

Chaps,

A lot of ads are appearing in the threads and occasionally popping up.....is this something new ?

Cheers

Gonzo

Re: Adverts

Post by Gonzo »

h69 wrote:Chaps,

A lot of ads are appearing in the threads and occasionally popping up.....is this something new ?

Cheers

We're trialing a few things and seeing what works and what impacts the site. We are playing around with sidebars and different things and obviously avoiding pop-ups.

I've not seen a single one on my laptop yest as I have an ad blocker but did see ads on my mobile phone.

It's worth noting that the APP has an inbuilt adblocker and the forum can be accessed easily from there and it will look just as it always has.

The site is growing massively. I had to take the morning off work to do website stuff today and HC takes up a lot of time during the week too. JP is constantly updating the site as is Danish Hammer and I won't even go into the workload that Geo has.

We're trying to balance running Hammers Chat without further dipping into our personal finances.

If something is too intrusive we'll ditch it or move the advert and try something different.

I've not seen a single one on my laptop yest as I have an ad blocker but did see ads on my mobile phone.

It's worth noting that the APP has an inbuilt adblocker and the forum can be accessed easily from there and it will look just as it always has.

h69

Post by h69 »

Gonzo wrote:
h69 wrote:Chaps,

Cheers

We're trialing a few things and seeing what works and what impacts the site. We are playing around with sidebars and different things and obviously avoiding pop-ups.

The site is growing massively. I had to take the morning off work to do website stuff today and HC takes up a lot of time during the week too. JP is constantly updating the site as is Danish Hammer and I won't even go into the workload that Geo has.

We're trying to balance running Hammers Chat without further dipping into our personal finances.

If something is too intrusive we'll ditch it or move the advert and try something different.

Fair enough......not complaining.....just noticed them in thread and a couple of popups and was curious.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Fair enough......not complaining.....just noticed them in thread and a couple of popups and was curious.
I’ve noticed some repetitive posts though ... is that a new feature ?

:D
Bring back Jonathon !

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Newmarket wrote:
h69 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spuds are now advertising on here. They have a mock troll account that slags off West Ham and says how nice Tottenhams new stadium will be. It's the next level in subliminal advertising.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Gonzo wrote:
Newmarket wrote:

:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

Spuds are now advertising on here. They have a mock troll account that slags off West Ham and says how nice Tottenhams new stadium will be. It's the next level in subliminal advertising.
Yes I have seen it ... but surely he’s been posting here for years ? :D
Bring back Jonathon !

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

It's happening again. I'll be in the middle of using this site when it suddenly switches to a site telling me I'm a winner.

Only happens on my phone.

Have a word with your advertiser's please

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Taansend wrote:It's happening again. I'll be in the middle of using this site when it suddenly switches to a site telling me I'm a winner.

Only happens on my phone.

Have a word with your advertiser's please

Something similar happened to me twice today. I can’t actually get rid of it either other than deleting the tab/site in safari and re entering. It’s no problem as such it’s just a pain that’s all.
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Bloody hell it's even worse today.

Flips to the YOU'RE A WINNER page every ten minutes or so

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Taansend wrote:Bloody hell it's even worse today.

Flips to the YOU'RE A WINNER page every ten minutes or so
You do have an adblocker on your phone right ?
Bring back Jonathon !