Stadium Tour Video | FREE TICKETS TO BE WON

Any tickets for sale or wanted?
KingdomOfWHAM

Stadium Tour Video | FREE TICKETS TO BE WON

Post by KingdomOfWHAM »

So Geo and myself got to go on a tour of the stadium recently. We even filmed it and made it into a video because that's the Hammers Chat way. Something happening? FIlm it and slap it on YouTube. We've even been given tickets to give away. What a time to be alive.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Honestly, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I was expecting something very Olympics based and definitely not something for West Ham fans. There is a Olympics stuff in there but the bulk of it is West Ham and it's super easy to skip anything you ain't interested in. We both mention it in the video but there is a video about Bobby Moore which got me I won't lie.

Below is all the information we were given about how much it is and how to book.

Adult £17
Student/Senior £14
Child £10
Family £48
(These are pre booked in advance online at https://stadiumtourbookings.london-stad ... efault.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and prices on the day are slightly higher)

Bookings over 15 get 10% off and if over 25 then receive 15% off.

Open 10am to 3pm (3.30pm on Saturdays) every day, except for event days when we are closed. Check website for availability

redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Stadium Tour Video | FREE TICKETS TO BE WON

Post by redhammer »

It's a different kind of tour anyway. There is no guide, you get a hand held device with all the tour info as it guides you and as Charlie said. You can skip parts of select additional videos for each area.

The staff were brilliant too, nice n chatty but left us alone at the same time, happy to take photos etc.

Was really impressed actually. The whole set up is massive, the changing room is huge, the shower room is about the size of the changing room at UP! But the biggest thing is the tunnel. It's a fair walk from the changing room to the touch line anyway!! I imagine they lose a good 5/6 mins at half time coming off the pitch then back on it, not something I've considered before.

We kept it short and sweet as we don't want to ruin the tour should anyone go on it, the lobby is breathtaking and a different world to Upton Park.

I'd recommend it anyway, sitting in the west stand and looking around, it is quite breath taking.

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike »

Hi,
I would like to do the tour with my six year old daughter Emma-Rose. She is West Ham mad having caught the virus from her dad. Even when she goes to her mates parties in her princess dress, she has a West Ham shirt underneath it.

HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

I can only copy that. With all the problems I still have in terms of watching games in the stadium, the tour as such is quite impressive.
You cannot fail to feel your heart beat a bit faster once you enter the dressing room or walk through the tunnel onto the pitch.
The stadium tour shows the place to be a great stadium, but not ideal for football to say the least.
I vividly remember the distance between the home dugout and where Slaven usually stands pitchside, it is a bloody long walk.
But I would still recommend the tour to every fan.
But beware, some of the guides manning the various stations don't support West Ham, I had a Spurs supporter with us in the dressing room and he tried to trick me by asking who the last ever player at West Ham was to wear #6 before it got retired...
COYI!!!

downunda

Post by downunda »

Thanks for the info lads I will be able to book this for later in the year when I am over.

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

thanks you two even the video worked for me :D

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

Nice video as always lads,it did look like you were left to do your own thing.The walk from the dressing room to the pitch is a stroll lads,but it is an amazing arena even if the temp stands are made of scaffold.
If I won lads,I would love to take my boy for a stroll around the unseen areas of our new home!
Lots of you know George from the boats!He is as West Ham mad as all of us and he would be made up to get this chance!

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Sounds like an interesting tour Must try to do it soon goodpost:)

JayK

Post by JayK »

Nice one, thanks fellas. Good to get a behind the scenes look at the place and looks very West Ham despite it not being owned by us. Good point about the walk to and from the changing rooms at half time.

If I was to win the tickets, I'd probably have to take my my Dad if I could drag him away from his dependent wife in the new forest or my Hammers mad Uncle.
COYI!!!

Avit

Post by Avit »

Nice ad Charlie.