Chicharito Sold?

Chat about anything football related here!

What's Chicharito Worth To You?

Keep him no matter what
81%
Sell him for a decent fee
19%
We don't need him
No votes

Total votes: 58

Towie

Re: Chicharito Sold?

Post by Towie »

Flairon wrote:
Towie wrote:
Hmmm, was he given a chance by Moyes?

Scored 3 in 3 when Arnie was out injured then dropped like a stone by Moyes as soon as Arnie back.

That may be the case but was Moyes necessarily wrong. Arnie has a strong commanding presence and can hold the line. Chico does not and cannot.
He can hold the line with Chico alongside him, I know which one would get the most goals.

Last season Arnie 11, Chico 8 and hardly started.

Last season right player wrong manager!
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Towie wrote:
Flairon wrote:

That may be the case but was Moyes necessarily wrong. Arnie has a strong commanding presence and can hold the line. Chico does not and cannot.
He can hold the line with Chico alongside him, I know which one would get the most goals.

Last season Arnie 11, Chico 8 and hardly started.

Last season right player wrong manager!
I don't necessarily disagree with that. However, for the most part, we lined up with one up front last season. We that being the case you would surely go with Arnie over Chico every time.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

What is sad is that the last time a West Ham player scored 11 goals in a season was Bobby Zamora in the 2006-2007 season.
Flairon

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Flairon wrote:What is sad is that the last time a West Ham player scored 11 goals in a season was Bobby Zamora in the 2006-2007 season.
It’s a bit pathetic, isn’t it?

Having said that, Di Canio, Hartson, Harewood, and Morley have each scored 16,15,14, and 13 respectively to head the list of top goal scorers in a season.

Hardly prolific, is it?

All these years of crying out for a twenty goal a season striker, and the statistics suggest that we may be asking for too much. Maybe we should be looking at two players that work well together to combine for 25-30 goals per season.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

OZHAMMER wrote:
Flairon wrote:What is sad is that the last time a West Ham player scored 11 goals in a season was Bobby Zamora in the 2006-2007 season.

Having said that, Di Canio, Hartson, Harewood, and Morley have each scored 16,15,14, and 13 respectively to head the list of top goal scorers in a season.

Hardly prolific, is it?

All these years of crying out for a twenty goal a season striker, and the statistics suggest that we may be asking for too much. Maybe we should be looking at two players that work well together to combine for 25-30 goals per season.
Yeah agree mate not who scores em but how many...even in last years crap season we scored
enough to get in the top half,it's the amount conceded is the prob.
Think we have enough goals in us this year to chase a euro spot...but it's keeping
the F.in things out.... :lol:

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

mkhammer wrote:
OZHAMMER wrote:

Hardly prolific, is it?

Yeah agree mate not who scores em but how many...even in last years crap season we scored
Think we have enough goals in us this year to chase a euro spot...but it's keeping
I could not agree more. We really need to become more miserly at the back.
Flairon

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Flairon wrote:
mkhammer wrote:
I remember when we were involved in many 0-0 and 1-0 matches under Allardyce. Dour, dreadful football. A common theme of thought among the fans was along the lines of sacrificing a few goals for the sake of more attacking football. Basically risk a few goals to have a chance of a few.

Fast forward a couple of years, and it appears we got our wish.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Flairon wrote:
mkhammer wrote:
And I cant see that happening if we dont sort out the midfield , Kouyate , Obiang and to a degree Noble are not good enough , Rice cannot do it on his own .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote:
Flairon wrote:
And I cant see that happening if we dont sort out the midfield , Kouyate , Obiang and to a degree Noble are not good enough , Rice cannot do it on his own .
True. And Drinkwater isn't the answer. I hope to see some movement on deadline day and wouldn't rule out another move for Dendoncker.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

palerider wrote:
Clayton wrote:
True. And Drinkwater isn't the answer. I hope to see some movement on deadline day and wouldn't rule out another move for Dendoncker.
I really think the maturing of Rice at this astronomical rate, is changing the needs we have at DM. His industry combined with Wilshere's is making Noble's job easier and he's looking sharp already. That said, depth would be the order of the day and I would think Obiang would be an ideal understudy at this point and fresh legs in most games. Knowing our injury history, further depth would be needed, but at this point I'd be more aware of Wilshere's position than the other 3 mids. Wish we could get a loan for Loftus-Cheek as he looked like a beast for Palarse and England (when played) and would much rather use him in the more advanced midfield role than Drinkwater who seems like more of what we already have in Noble, Rice and Obiang.

Tying this all back into the OP, imagine the salary you could afford for the midfield if we sold Chicharito and a few others and kept Obiang. Certainly enough for quality depth in both midfield and striker positions.
#fuckqatar2022