Brighton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!

Can We Finally Beat Brighton In The Premier League?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Yes, West Ham win.
72%
Draw
17%
They beat us again.
11%

Total votes: 36

Whiskyman

Re: Brighton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote:
Mikeveep wrote:He only played 18 games in the German league, Tone :o

Scored 3 from 18....

And if those 3 were scored early on it would kind of back up the theory.

Spent the majority of his career in the Ukranian League.
I agree . I like Yarmalenko . Exciting player but VERY maybe TOO one footed .
I only saw the first 25 minutes but as a keen watcher of Bundesliga footy I feel qualified to state that Tony is wrrrrong

If I can work it out I’m sure PL defenders can :lol:

Personally I’d like to see him and Anderson/Antonio switch wings/positions during play .... then he may be able to cross the ball for AC .
Oh hang on ....
Am I being uncharitable saying I don't want to see Antonio switch wings or position? I'd prefer it if he switched clubs.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote:
Newmarket wrote: I agree . I like Yarmalenko . Exciting player but VERY maybe TOO one footed .
I only saw the first 25 minutes but as a keen watcher of Bundesliga footy I feel qualified to state that Tony is wrrrrong

If I can work it out I’m sure PL defenders can :lol:

Personally I’d like to see him and Anderson/Antonio switch wings/positions during play .... then he may be able to cross the ball for AC .
Oh hang on ....
Am I being uncharitable saying I don't want to see Antonio switch wings or position? I'd prefer it if he switched clubs.
No. I agree. I was at the game on Friday and he was so frustrating. I have no issue with missing chances or making mistakes, it happens. But wasting crosses by hoofing it into the stand when we need a goal with 5 mins to go is fucking annoying for a PL player.

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

Whiskyman wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote: I think the top German sides have a few more easy fixtures overall,I'm not saying he won't be useful,but top defenders will find to show him down the line pretty basic,although I do think he will be useful once fully integrated and fully match fit,and confidence to take a gamble.COYI
I'm not sure they do mate. I'm always puzzled about this "no easy games in the PL" nonsense. I watched Saints v Chelsea today and Chelsea won't get an easier 3 points this season until they play the next load of bus parkers. At one point in the 1st half the stats (yes I know, but even so) Chelsea were showing as having 91%, that's no typo it says ninety one, of posession. Southampton were utter pants. In fact they were worse than that. A mate of mine who is a Spurs ST holder told me that yesterday was the worst he's deen Spurs play for years but they should still have beateb Cardiff easier than they did, and apparently Arsenal gave Fulham a good old seeing to today. And Fulham are not a team, unlike Saints and Cardiff, who I expected to struggle.

I still reckon the top sides in the PL would hold their own in all the major European leagues but the teams outside the so called elite would, just as they do here, make up the numbers. Burnley finished 7th last year don't forget and it looks like at this early stage Bournemouth might be this season's Burnley.

Doesn't alter the fact that Yarmolenko's right foot is there just for balance though. Still, there have been one or two decent one footed players in the past. Liam Brady is one who comes to mind. Not to mention a certain David Beckham.
His international scoring record for Ukraine is impressive,but I think he plays left or centre forward for them as he did for Dynamo Kiev where his average was around 1 goal every other game.
He only played 18 games in Germany so it's not really a good measure of his game,I would like to have seen him through the middle and Antonio right side when Arnie came off,or left side know and again just to switch it up a bit.
I believe that it's all about getting him playing full tilt for 90 minutes at the moment though and then perhaps we'll see Pelle utilise him fully.COYI

palerider

Post by palerider »

Bilic out.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Baddowhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I'm not sure they do mate. I'm always puzzled about this "no easy games in the PL" nonsense. I watched Saints v Chelsea today and Chelsea won't get an easier 3 points this season until they play the next load of bus parkers. At one point in the 1st half the stats (yes I know, but even so) Chelsea were showing as having 91%, that's no typo it says ninety one, of posession. Southampton were utter pants. In fact they were worse than that. A mate of mine who is a Spurs ST holder told me that yesterday was the worst he's deen Spurs play for years but they should still have beateb Cardiff easier than they did, and apparently Arsenal gave Fulham a good old seeing to today. And Fulham are not a team, unlike Saints and Cardiff, who I expected to struggle.

I still reckon the top sides in the PL would hold their own in all the major European leagues but the teams outside the so called elite would, just as they do here, make up the numbers. Burnley finished 7th last year don't forget and it looks like at this early stage Bournemouth might be this season's Burnley.

Doesn't alter the fact that Yarmolenko's right foot is there just for balance though. Still, there have been one or two decent one footed players in the past. Liam Brady is one who comes to mind. Not to mention a certain David Beckham.
His international scoring record for Ukraine is impressive,but I think he plays left or centre forward for them as he did for Dynamo Kiev where his average was around 1 goal every other game.
He only played 18 games in Germany so it's not really a good measure of his game,I would like to have seen him through the middle and Antonio right side when Arnie came off,or left side know and again just to switch it up a bit.
I believe that it's all about getting him playing full tilt for 90 minutes at the moment though and then perhaps we'll see Pelle utilise him fully.COYI
When all is said and done he looks an asset to me. £17 million wasn't it that we paid ? Look at the money we threw at Carroll. I can remember 3 or 4 moments of his career with us. Yarmolenko has already given me one great moment and he's only been here 5 minutes.

Played almost as many minutes too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

Whiskyman wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote: His international scoring record for Ukraine is impressive,but I think he plays left or centre forward for them as he did for Dynamo Kiev where his average was around 1 goal every other game.
When all is said and done he looks an asset to me. £17 million wasn't it that we paid ? Look at the money we threw at Carroll. I can remember 3 or 4 moments of his career with us. Yarmolenko has already given me one great moment and he's only been here 5 minutes.

Played almost as many minutes too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sure he will definitely be a great asset,once fully fit,and I'm quite looking forward to seeing AC back as an option from the bench if we're stuck as at Brighton.COYI