World Cup...

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Women's World Cup

Post by andyginbrasil »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:46 pm I'm watching it now, there's nips everywhere!
babyfuckoff
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nearly pissed myself....

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Most of you are over 50 right? :mrgreen:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:46 pm I'm watching it now, there's nips everywhere!
babyfuckoff
I think you will find that they are Koreans ! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

This is BBC sports big ticket event, so I can't blame them for the somewhat unwarranted level of attention.
What I object to is the nonsense that goes along with it. Hope Solo banging on about FIFA chauvinism because women don't get equal prize money -- not one mention of the revenue disparity between the two events though.
They described one of the players as a 'World Icon', I'd never heard of her, and I can't remember her name now.
And let's bear in mind that top level female footall is of a lower quality than U15 boys.
Just read this article desperately trying to spin the story of the USA national team losing to an U15 side -- https://www.90min.com/posts/4833646-som ... y-u15-boys.
Unfortunately there's more than one example.
The Australian team 'The Matildas' got tonked 7-0 by the Newcastle Jets U15s.

I've nothing against women's football. But the constant and utterly unwarranted equality hyperbole that accompanies it is just so off putting.
Talk of equal pay has to be accompanied by equality of revenue generated.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:09 am This is BBC sports big ticket event, so I can't blame them for the somewhat unwarranted level of attention.
What I object to is the nonsense that goes along with it. Hope Solo banging on about FIFA chauvinism because women don't get equal prize money -- not one mention of the revenue disparity between the two events though.
They described one of the players as a 'World Icon', I'd never heard of her, and I can't remember her name now.
And let's bear in mind that top level female footall is of a lower quality than U15 boys.
Just read this article desperately trying to spin the story of the USA national team losing to an U15 side -- https://www.90min.com/posts/4833646-som ... y-u15-boys.

I've nothing against women's football. But the constant and utterly unwarranted equality hyperbole that accompanies it is just so off putting.
Spot on.

Good luck to the women,but please don't compare it to the men's game.

The women's game is lucky if it generates 1% of finance,in comparison to what the men's game.So how does Hope Solo come out with a statement like that?

I may watch the England game tomorrow,because I'm patriotic and Ill be having my dinner,but no other reason.I will not put myself out to watch,put it that way.

I would have rather the BBC brought the rights to the U21 Tournament or the Cricket World Cup.Tbh,I would rather watch the Women's England Cricket Team,than the English Women's Football Team,a lot more entertaining.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Clayton wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:01 am
babyfuckoff
I think you will find that they are Koreans ! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was the intention Clay.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Hope solo, should stick to Star Wars.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:36 am
Neville Bartos wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:09 am This is BBC sports big ticket event, so I can't blame them for the somewhat unwarranted level of attention.

Spot on.

The women's game is lucky if it generates 1% of finance,in comparison to what the men's game.So how does Hope Solo come out with a statement like that?

I may watch the England game tomorrow,because I'm patriotic and Ill be having my dinner,but no other reason.I will not put myself out to watch,put it that way.

I would have rather the BBC brought the rights to the U21 Tournament or the Cricket World Cup.Tbh,I would rather watch the Women's England Cricket Team,than the English Women's Football Team,a lot more entertaining.
BBC/ITV can only afford the scraps the satellite boys won't pay big money for mate. Apart from those "protected events" like the errr Boat Race. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

If what's on offer is of sufficiently high value - and the audience will decide that - then it will be embraced,supported and watched.

It will by definition have it's little differences and distinctive features,however if the skills and technique approach a level of admiration that bring joy to the viewer then it will have a healthy future.

What I've noticed is - we are not there yet...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:54 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:36 am

Spot on.

BBC/ITV can only afford the scraps the satellite boys won't pay big money for mate. Apart from those "protected events" like the errr Boat Race. :lol:
I still think ITV can compete for the 2 events I mentioned.If you want to publicise these events,then the terrestrial channels is the place to do it.