Deal done for Pablo Fornals according to claret and hugh

Chat about anything football related here!
punkrockhammer

Re: Deal done for Pablo Fornals according to claret and hugh

Post by punkrockhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:32 pm
punkrockhammer wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:59 pm

Let’s hope he turns out better than Martinez
Completely different situation. Fornals has played regularly in La Liga and also been selected for the Spanish national team. Martinez hadn't played at all for Valencia when we signed him.
I get what you’re saying but it doesn’t really mean anything until they actually find out what the game’s like here, so we’ll have to wait and see. Signs look good so far, though. But the PL is a graveyard for rated players from ‘football recognised countries’ of all kinds of ages and experience. Off the top of my head here are some rated players from abroad expected to do much, much better and I’m not including players from lesser football nations such as Forlan, Shevchenko, Brolin and Falcao

Veron - Argentina
Crespo - Argentina
Alves - Holland
Aquilani - Spain
Kleberson - Brazil
Maccarone - Italy
Fred - Brazil
Depay - Holland
Jansen - Holland
Di Maria - Argentina
Aspas - Spain
Morata - Spain
Higuain - Argentina
Postiga - Portugal

Not forgetting our own Savio, Dani, Futre, and Raduciou :lol:

Funnily enough, all of the above are from a small
handful of clubs

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

punkrockhammer wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:50 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:32 pm

Completely different situation. Fornals has played regularly in La Liga and also been selected for the Spanish national team. Martinez hadn't played at all for Valencia when we signed him.
I get what you’re saying but it doesn’t really mean anything until they actually find out what the game’s like here, so we’ll have to wait and see. Signs look good so far, though. But the PL is a graveyard for rated players from ‘football recognised countries’ of all kinds of ages and experience. Off the top of my head here are some rated players from abroad expected to do much, much better and I’m not including players from lesser football nations such as Forlan, Shevchenko, Brolin and Falcao

Veron - Argentina
Crespo - Argentina
Alves - Holland
Aquilani - Spain
Kleberson - Brazil
Maccarone - Italy
Fred - Brazil
Depay - Holland
Jansen - Holland
Di Maria - Argentina
Aspas - Spain
Morata - Spain
Higuain - Argentina
Postiga - Portugal

Not forgetting our own Savio, Dani, Futre, and Raduciou :lol:

Funnily enough, all of the above are from a small
handful of clubs
Fair comment. Although I thought diMaria was decent when he was at Man United. Aquillani's the stand out in that list imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Playing currently against France u21

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Having a great game. Looking forward to seeing him next season.

Now watch him get injured in the final..

DanishHammer

Post by DanishHammer »

Great assist for the fourth goal

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

DanishHammer wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:40 pm Great assist for the fourth goal
He looked very decent again tonight imo. Looks a very good acquisition and if he plays the same role for us as he is doing with Spain's U21s I think he'll put a few away for us next season.

I wouldn't mind if we made an enquiry for that Puscas kid who has looked a bit special in the games I've seen Romania play. I reckon Palermo could be persuaded to sell for a realistic fee.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:10 pm
DanishHammer wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:40 pm Great assist for the fourth goal
He looked very decent again tonight imo. Looks a very good acquisition and if he plays the same role for us as he is doing with Spain's U21s I think he'll put a few away for us next season.

I wouldn't mind if we made an enquiry for that Puscas kid who has looked a bit special in the games I've seen Romania play. I reckon Palermo could be persuaded to sell for a realistic fee.
I've only seen yesterdays game but he did basically play in the same position as Anderson (although in a 4-2-3-1 formation)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:03 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:10 pm

I've only seen yesterdays game but he did basically play in the same position as Anderson (although in a 4-2-3-1 formation)
I thought before Oyazarbal went off he was playing in a role similar to the one Lampard used to do at Chelsea. But once Oyazarbal departed, you're right, he did move out to provide more width and created the fourth goal for Mayoral.

I would guess MP has a central role in mind for him. Like Lampard he does seem to have the knack of arriving in the right place at the right time. Unlucky not to score his 3rd goal of the tournament in the first half when still 0-1 down. Worldy from the French keeper.

On a different topic Tom people have been asking about Morrison. Apparently he had a spell with Ostersunds who, unsurprisingly, have let him go. Can you give us any info on what the little cunt's been up to in Sweden.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:19 am
thomasswe wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:03 am

I thought before Oyazarbal went off he was playing in a role similar to the one Lampard used to do at Chelsea. But once Oyazarbal departed, you're right, he did move out to provide more width and created the fourth goal for Mayoral.

I would guess MP has a central role in mind for him. Like Lampard he does seem to have the knack of arriving in the right place at the right time. Unlucky not to score his 3rd goal of the tournament in the first half when still 0-1 down. Worldy from the French keeper.

On a different topic Tom people have been asking about Morrison. Apparently he had a spell with Ostersunds who, unsurprisingly, have let him go. Can you give us any info on what the little cunt's been up to in Sweden.
Unfortunately I have close to zero insight in the swedish league, I don't follow any team and rarely watch any matchers or keep up with news.

As for Morrison the cunt is a lost cause, whatever talent he might have once had it wasn't enough or he would have manage to play at a higher level at this point.

Edit: Apparently he only played 6 times for the club and was now cosidered a finished chapter for Östersund, but now a source is claiming they (ÖSK) are still in contact with his agent and he might extend his stay.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

The reporter on Talkshite early this morning said "West Ham fans should be very excited by the signing of Fornals" after his performance last night