West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
jhammers

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by jhammers »

Fabianski
Fredericks, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell
Rice, Wilshere
Anderson, Lanzini, Fornals
Haller

Obviously not expecting a win but a decent performance to keep the optimism up going into more winnable games.
Excited to see Lanzini, Fornals and Anderson link up. (If we get the ball)

whufc_crest

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

No choice Oz.

A distinctly meh defense against the best attack in the world, Sure we'll keep possession in their half a tad longer but not sufficiently to blunt their attack, I fear.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

jhammers wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:56 pm Fabianski
Fredericks, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell
Rice, Wilshere
Anderson, Lanzini, Fornals
Haller

Obviously not expecting a win but a decent performance to keep the optimism up going into more winnable games.
Excited to see Lanzini, Fornals and Anderson link up. (If we get the ball)

whufc_crest
Not a bad looking line up at all. That is a top 6 line up right there!! Lets hope Pellegrini comes up with a system that relies upon defending and counter attacking from both sides. We have Freddy with pace on the right. Arthur left and Anderson wherever . Lanzini likes to look for a possession turn over and spark something off. Will be a very interesting game. Can,t wait to be honest. Just praying they dont put 2 in , inside 20 mins and kill the game!!
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

downunda

Post by downunda »

My real thoughts on this are that our defense will not be able to cope with the City attack. Rice will slot in at the back to help out but the wing back positions are both weak defensively. With Anderson and Lanzini on the wing they are not the best at tracking back. Whenever those two lose possession we will be in trouble.

Having said that if we click and can get at them early we may just get them rattled enough to get something out of this.

COYI

hd1

Post by hd1 »

downunda wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 pm My real thoughts on this are that our defense will not be able to cope with the City attack. Rice will slot in at the back to help out but the wing back positions are both weak defensively. With Anderson and Lanzini on the wing they are not the best at tracking back. Whenever those two lose possession we will be in trouble.

Having said that if we click and can get at them early we may just get them rattled enough to get something out of this.

COYI
Weird you think that, Anderson completed the 9th most amount of tackles in the PL last season and was on a par with Ngolo Kante for being dispossessed

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Doesn't look as though Ben Johnson will be in the squad tomorrow as he played for the U23's tonight.

downunda

Post by downunda »

hd1 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:41 pm
downunda wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 pm My real thoughts on this are that our defense will not be able to cope with the City attack. Rice will slot in at the back to help out but the wing back positions are both weak defensively. With Anderson and Lanzini on the wing they are not the best at tracking back. Whenever those two lose possession we will be in trouble.

COYI
Weird you think that, Anderson completed the 9th most amount of tackles in the PL last season and was on a par with Ngolo Kante for being dispossessed
Sometimes its best to watch games rather than go by stats alone. losing the ball for a split second and then getting it back can count as a tackle. It certainly doesn't mean he tracks back to help the defense. Not that I want Anderson and Lanzini to spend most of the match back in defense. I am just saying they are not that type of player.

Anderson can also run hot and cold, sometimes he is devastating, and other times he can disappear out of the game completely. That's one of the reasons for our inconsistency last season. This sort of inconsistency can do weird things with the stats. I doubt if Pellegrini chooses his team on stats alone.

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

Going in with no expectations, just want to see them give their best really, force them to work hard and produce real moments of quality to beat us, don't want to see us lose 4-o or 5-0 like we did a few times where they do simple stuff to score like a chip over our defence.

Losing is fine for me, just work hard, don't make it easy for them and I won't mind if we lack quality or end product in the game and beat us.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:28 am lineup.png

3-2 Win , the fullbacks click and our attack are beyond believe , 2 goals for Haller and Lanzini gets the other , 2 assists for Fredricks and one for Anderson . Wilshere looks to have found his mojo and was sublime :shock:. MoM . Match of the season Man City were unbelievable , but just not good enough on the day ;) .
Well thats how I remember it from my dream . ;)
Nice Dream....(Radiohead... :D )

Yeah if no Nobes I go with that...but might be tempted to switch Fornals and Lanza around,
can see that drifting to a 4-2-4 at times and we would get caned 5-2 or something..
Lanza can play a bit deeper and pick up players..Having said that not seen enough of Fornals
to know if that's part of his game....but we're all gonna be finding out...

Enjoy it everyone ..going or not..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Looking forward to the game but not optimistic regarding the outcome. IMO Raheem Sterling and Bernardo Silva will rip the arse out of Fredericks and Cresswell. If I was a betting man i’d probably be looking at 1-3.

At least it’s nice and sunny here in Tenerife and the beer is cold and cheap. :D
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?