David Moyes

Chat about anything football related here!
jhammers

Re: David Moyes

Post by jhammers »

God this club is a shambles

Imagine the atmosphere if we go 1/2-0 down on Wednesday? Could be carnage

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

The city game under BFS must be up there. And take your pick with numerous other cup games going back to our 'glory years'. Everyone has their worst game they've seen.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:16 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:11 pm

Ironically tossing out or not renewing the STs is the only really effective method of protest against the board of directors. Even though ticket and other match day revenues are nowhere near as important as they once were the bean counters will still notice a big hole if the money stops coming in.

Far more effective to protest with your wallet than poncing about singing that silly "Sack the Board" stuff.
I realise that the finances are the only thing that will hurt Sullivan but we need the crowd to lift the team in the next few weeks. And I'm not coming back and watching it on the fucking telly. :lol:
No mate I guessed as much. But tbh the mood in the crowd at the moment, and I know I'm only speaking from what I hear watching on the box, doesn't really do much to lift the team and, I don't see that improving much as Moyes doesn't seem to be a universally approved choice as manager so as soon as things start going south the crowd will turn.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 am The city game under BFS must be up there. And take your pick with numerous other cup games going back to our 'glory years'. Everyone has their worst game they've seen.
I can remember 2 horror shows, they might even have been successive home games, under Twitchy.

We somehow managed to lose 0-4 at home to Everton, a game which was notable for the only appearance in goal for West Ham of one Sasa Ilic. We also lost 0-4 at home to Sheffield Wednesday. A 3-4 defeat at home to Wimbledon, after leading 3-0 after about 25 minutes would also feature high on my list of horror shows. And I think I can remember us losing at home to the mighty Wrexham in the F A Cup during the Bungmeister's period of management. And I've just remembered our plucky lads scraping a 1-1 draw at home (well, sort of, because the opposition gave up the right to their home match to get a bigger gate) against the might of Farnborough Town. Fortunately the replay was a proper home game and if memory served we absolutely thrashed them 1-0.

Fuck me I've just thought of several more so I'm going to shut up now. :lol:
Last edited by Whiskyman on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

“It’s fabulous to be back,” said Moyes. “It feels great to be home. I’ve missed being here because I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed being around the stadium and I loved being in this part of the world and I missed the Club, so I can’t wait to get started.

“I'm feeling very proud that I’m back here at West Ham.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... ham-united

What a load of shite coming out of his mouth , doesn't he have any self respect .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:12 am
tassiehammer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 am The city game under BFS must be up there. And take your pick with numerous other cup games going back to our 'glory years'. Everyone has their worst game they've seen.
I can remember 2 horror shows, they might even have been successive home games, under Twitchy.

We somehow managed to lose 0-4 at home to Everton, a game which was notable for the only appearance in goal for West Ham of one Sasa Ilic. We also lost 0-4 at home to Sheffield Wednesday. A 3-4 defeat at home to Wimbledon, after leading 3-0 after about 25 minutes would also feature high on my list of horror shows.
Didnt we lose 4-0 to Swansea as well , think there were something like half a dozen times where 4 goals were scored against us .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Did he do that silly fucking crossed arms thingy ?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:12 am “It’s fabulous to be back,” said Moyes. “It feels great to be home. I’ve missed being here because I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed being around the stadium and I loved being in this part of the world and I missed the Club, so I can’t wait to get started.

“I'm feeling very proud that I’m back here at West Ham.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... ham-united

What a load of shite coming out of his mouth , doesn't he have any self respect .
Answer to your question was pretty obvious as soon as picked the phone up with Sullivan's name flashing on the screen. I thought he must have big balls to come back but no self respect sums it up better.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:14 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:12 am

We somehow managed to lose 0-4 at home to Everton, a game which was notable for the only appearance in goal for West Ham of one Sasa Ilic. We also lost 0-4 at home to Sheffield Wednesday. A 3-4 defeat at home to Wimbledon, after leading 3-0 after about 25 minutes would also feature high on my list of horror shows.
Didnt we lose 4-0 to Swansea as well , think there were something like half a dozen times where 4 goals were scored against us .
Only time I can remember Swansea putting 4 past us was more recently. Under Bilic I think. I remember letting in 5 against Leeds when we finished with 8 players and the following week getting gubbed 6-0 at Goodison. And unbelievably that season we still managed to finish 5th.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Fuck me chaps does anybody know our second worst performance in West Ham’s entire history?

The clue is Moyes was manager apparently.