Protest Details.

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Protest Details.

Post by andyginbrasil »

h69 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:15 am

And you are right PH, the club has always been the same, remember Rio being sold ?
Manny Omoyimni ? Harry quitting because we were selling a fullback without telling him ?
It goes a lot further back than that H........remember Martin Peters.......for Jimmy Greaves...... :lol: :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:21 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:56 pm

The fact that Pellegrini was shit and the money was poorly spent is neither here nor there.
Not picking on you Newmarket but the above line shows that the whole protest thing bears no logic if that is the attitude of HU

That a manager (who many wanted) spent a load of money (that people wanted) on a load of players and then tactically fucked up and nearly got us relegated (and may still yet be the cause of such) and is not relevant ??? really ?? .....What is ? Popcorn ?

Where did all the people that actually cared about the actual football go ?

Good luck with your protest ! :o
In the context of the point I was trying to make to Mr Hotter , yes that line really is irrelevant , as I was pointing out that in my opinion , and yeah I know that I didn’t make that clear ,is that that large(r) initial spend came about due to the Burnley protest.

What followed afterwards was yes , typical West Ham , but in my eyes I still think NO Burnley protest and we wouldn’t have seen either the money nor the manager that wasted it.
They probably would have kept Moyes.
Bring back Jonathon !

whu

Post by whu »

Parry Hotter wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:58 pm

So what you saying is that if we spend money thats ok even if we still get in a relegation fight. And I aint as clever as some of you cunts on here but you say it aint there money its the clubs. But as they own the club the clubs money is theres aint it. And if John Lyall was told that in 1986 dont it just show the shitcunt club has always been run the same way. If it aint changed for over 30 years it aint going to change now is my take on it mate.
Its very confusing (not you).

One poster wants guaranteed top 10 or above regardless
Others appear to just want more and more money spent and that we dont spend enough
Others think we spent loads but we recoup very little and get bad value. Basically we spent too much on the wrong players.

For me I agree on the last one especially and Andy is right but then when we did have a DoF we have also signed some disasters under him also. Haller was not worth what we paid for him, Anderson also. Neither was Hernandez even worth the 7m we got for him as Valencia found out.
I like Fornals as a player myself but look at the support our fans gave him after 2 or 3 games FFS

None are unreasonable aims but if that is the benchmark for actually marching then they may be all slightly contradictory :lol:

And you are right PH, the club has always been the same, remember Rio being sold ?
Manny Omoyimni ? Harry quitting because we were selling a fullback without telling him ?

where was the march then ? Apparently only now do our fans seem to feel entitled all the time.

Its fine to aim high but I am not sure everyone cares as much about the football as much as the protests to be honest.
I said minimum should be top ten, not guaranteeing top ten. You love editing and still haven't factored how much for the sale of Upton Park? That's much lower in the overall spend territory and the very cheap rent we pay compared to other clubs overall overheads again, drives down the boards overall spend. As I say, editing is nice. Better lay all cards on the table I say. Keep producing a graph that suits just one part of the bigger picture. No West Ham supporter is a glory boy by the way or demands it. History tells us that. I just like to see football played on the deck, players all trying hard, a level of ambition at board level (my opinion was top half) .. ....how the fuck can anyone say that criteria, under current financial circumstances/all circumstances at WHUFC, is an unreasonable demand?

Why are you not questioning the promises made by our board, only question supporters wanting a bit of ambition for our club? We don't demand top ten but our board was selling us tickets on their 5 year plan of 'challenging for champions league places' promises in 5 years. I didn't expect that (I have stated top ten should be our aim, seen as unreasonable by you) but are you happy being sold something on a blatant lie? Surely not one person would be happy with that … you excluded obviously. You're special. Many see you as a club plant. I just see you as someone with a different opinion but your lack of ambition, despite the fact that you say you do so many home and away games, just baffles me, massively.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

9898 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:37 pm Protest is now over.
Circumstances have stopped any momentum and the Board start with a clean slate next season, as they do every season.
HU ineffective, let fans down and, if truth be known, were a little bit embarrassing (silent protests. Protests not in stadium) and have now stagnated.

Mods, please lock this thread as it is not relevant.
Can't you lock it yourself? ;)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:09 am
h69 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:27 pm

I was going to keep out of this but I can't............ :lol:

The interesting one is the 10 year table as it fits in with the reign of Sullivan and Gold, and shows perfectly how badly the club is run and why the club is in the state it is........hence the protests.

Forget the last two years where Sullivan was not involved with the transfers....where 190 million was spent and 62 million recouped. So a net spend of 128 million...The players brought in such as Haller, Fornals, Diop, Balbuena, Anderson, Yarmmy, Fredericks, Ajeti most are still worth what we paid for them with the likes of Fornals, Diop Fredericks and Balbuena will turn in a healthy profit if sold......Good business...( this net spend includes Bowen at 20 million).

That leaves us with the grand total of a net spend over their first 8 years as owners of .....62 million quid...7.75 million per year......now remember that figure, includes players such as Andy Carroll who cost 15 million, and went for nothing, Jose Fonte, bought for 8 million sold for 5 million the following season. Valencia bought for 13.5 million sold for 5 million, Hernandez bought for 16 million....sold for 7 million. ( Trust me there are many, many more)

So what does that tell us about how the club is run....just those 4 players cost 52.5 million and we recouped 17 million now does that show a net spend on those 4 players as 35.5 million or does it show how badly Sullivan is at running a club that the net spend is actually a 35.5 million loss to the club because he hasn't got a clue and refuses to use a DOF or scouts, who might of turned a loss into profit, by scouting and discovering players such as Diop and I think Fornals as well, into double your money players, in the future.....Now that's just his transfer dealings....he has probably cost the club 60-70 million over those 8 years in bad transfer deals, ( and that's not including his pathetic loan deals that have cost us millions).....worth protesting about on it's own, no....but add.....

All the other lies, and make no mistake they were lies regarding

Where we will be in the future, world class team, world class stadium.....now add

The move to the LS was based on lies and greed.....80% wanted the move... :lol: :lol:
Sale of Upton Park....most of us suspect that it was a dodgy deal.....and he will be found out
Personal investment into the club he loves... :lol: ...Has cost the club 20 million to date in interest charges

It just goes on and on...and financially he has stifled the club.

Now it's worth protesting about....he has ruined the history and maybe the future of the club, your club, and turned us into a laughing stock among'st other supporters and worst of all causing us to fight among ourselves.......Now that is unacceptable.
Was gonna join in and post something ...but Andys absolutely nailed it here.... :D

Think we were pretty split on the Pellergrini thing H,I certainly didn't want him...

Accepted more than wanted by most, I would say.

Whereas Moyes, again we're pretty split...but not really accepted....Strange....

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:27 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:09 am

I was going to keep out of this but I can't............ :lol:

The interesting one is the 10 year table as it fits in with the reign of Sullivan and Gold, and shows perfectly how badly the club is run and why the club is in the state it is........hence the protests.

Forget the last two years where Sullivan was not involved with the transfers....where 190 million was spent and 62 million recouped. So a net spend of 128 million...The players brought in such as Haller, Fornals, Diop, Balbuena, Anderson, Yarmmy, Fredericks, Ajeti most are still worth what we paid for them with the likes of Fornals, Diop Fredericks and Balbuena will turn in a healthy profit if sold......Good business...( this net spend includes Bowen at 20 million).

That leaves us with the grand total of a net spend over their first 8 years as owners of .....62 million quid...7.75 million per year......now remember that figure, includes players such as Andy Carroll who cost 15 million, and went for nothing, Jose Fonte, bought for 8 million sold for 5 million the following season. Valencia bought for 13.5 million sold for 5 million, Hernandez bought for 16 million....sold for 7 million. ( Trust me there are many, many more)

So what does that tell us about how the club is run....just those 4 players cost 52.5 million and we recouped 17 million now does that show a net spend on those 4 players as 35.5 million or does it show how badly Sullivan is at running a club that the net spend is actually a 35.5 million loss to the club because he hasn't got a clue and refuses to use a DOF or scouts, who might of turned a loss into profit, by scouting and discovering players such as Diop and I think Fornals as well, into double your money players, in the future.....Now that's just his transfer dealings....he has probably cost the club 60-70 million over those 8 years in bad transfer deals, ( and that's not including his pathetic loan deals that have cost us millions).....worth protesting about on it's own, no....but add.....

All the other lies, and make no mistake they were lies regarding

Where we will be in the future, world class team, world class stadium.....now add

The move to the LS was based on lies and greed.....80% wanted the move... :lol: :lol:
Sale of Upton Park....most of us suspect that it was a dodgy deal.....and he will be found out
Personal investment into the club he loves... :lol: ...Has cost the club 20 million to date in interest charges

It just goes on and on...and financially he has stifled the club.

Now it's worth protesting about....he has ruined the history and maybe the future of the club, your club, and turned us into a laughing stock among'st other supporters and worst of all causing us to fight among ourselves.......Now that is unacceptable.
Was gonna join in and post something ...but Andys absolutely nailed it here.... :D

Think we were pretty split on the Pellergrini thing H,I certainly didn't want him...

Whereas Moyes, again we're pretty split...but not really accepted....Strange....
Aint that always what happens though. No ones ever going to give a manager a job who everyones happy with unless your a big enough club to get Pep or Klopp. We just a shitcunt little club who always had crap owners as long as I can remember so we always going to get managers who aint top class or past their sell by date. And when results dont go right were always going to start moaning . Weve always done it even when Lyall was manager and he got shit ripped out of him when we lost at Liverpol and went down just before he got sacked.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Parry Hotter wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:44 am
mkhammer wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:27 am

Aint that always what happens though. No ones ever going to give a manager a job who everyones happy with unless your a big enough club to get Pep or Klopp. We just a shitcunt little club who always had crap owners as long as I can remember so we always going to get managers who aint top class or past their sell by date. And when results dont go right were always going to start moaning . Weve always done it even when Lyall was manager and he got shit ripped out of him when we lost at Liverpol and went down just before he got sacked.
Yeah pretty true all that...remember the Lyall Out Chants...
A history till way back when of "Dodgy" Owners....
We've had our moans plenty of times before,shit loads of money has found it's way outta this
club over the years...we should have never have been anywhere near skint at any point...our
gate receipts have always been higher than the ave...like for like anywhere..

The difference this time for me anyway is...basically the "Move"....which I was for by the way...
into a "refurbished stadium" seats closer than an athletics stadium...all that shit,wont bang
on about it ,it's all been covered.
Was prepared to give up upton,for a crack at a bit of success...not City Style....Spud Style,
we take the piss outta them....I'd swap their ave season with ours any day of the week.
But there's been absolutely no progression or indeed any sign of it....numerous reasons
Andy covered it all,so again wont bang on..

They weren't/aren't doing this a West Ham fans as was their spiel when taking over....
"We see this as a break even enterprise,we're doing it as fans" Unquote.... :lol:
And then come straight in with "Loans" to the Club They Own of a starting 7% interest...
extortionate at the time,subsequently dropped but still high....(Ashley and Bloom at
Brighton loan out similar, more for Bloom I think at interest free to their clubs)
straight away draining any forseeable profits,that could/should have gone back into the club
itself...not their personal Bank accounts...then they go on about we've take nothing outta the club
since we've been here.....it's 2020 now not the 1930s...people get it now...they understand
how things work.

Coincidental or not 80% of their spend or more correctly the clubs spend,came after the Burnley
crap...
Going into rant mode...didn't intend to... :lol:... does piss me off tho..

End of the day we have owners that do not have a clue how to run a Footie club....
Trouble is one of them freely admits he thinks he knows more about footie than most PL Managers,

If they were the most honest nice amenable guys around...would still want them gone.

h69

Post by h69 »

whu wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:24 am

Its very confusing (not you).

One poster wants guaranteed top 10 or above regardless
Others appear to just want more and more money spent and that we dont spend enough
Others think we spent loads but we recoup very little and get bad value. Basically we spent too much on the wrong players.

For me I agree on the last one especially and Andy is right but then when we did have a DoF we have also signed some disasters under him also. Haller was not worth what we paid for him, Anderson also. Neither was Hernandez even worth the 7m we got for him as Valencia found out.
I like Fornals as a player myself but look at the support our fans gave him after 2 or 3 games FFS

None are unreasonable aims but if that is the benchmark for actually marching then they may be all slightly contradictory :lol:

where was the march then ? Apparently only now do our fans seem to feel entitled all the time.

Its fine to aim high but I am not sure everyone cares as much about the football as much as the protests to be honest.
I said minimum should be top ten, not guaranteeing top ten. You love editing and still haven't factored how much for the sale of Upton Park? That's much lower in the overall spend territory and the very cheap rent we pay compared to other clubs overall overheads again, drives down the boards overall spend. As I say, editing is nice. Better lay all cards on the table I say. Keep producing a graph that suits just one part of the bigger picture. No West Ham supporter is a glory boy by the way or demands it. History tells us that. I just like to see football played on the deck, players all trying hard, a level of ambition at board level (my opinion was top half) .. ....how the fuck can anyone say that criteria, under current financial circumstances/all circumstances at WHUFC, is an unreasonable demand?

Why are you not questioning the promises made by our board, only question supporters wanting a bit of ambition for our club? We don't demand top ten but our board was selling us tickets on their 5 year plan of 'challenging for champions league places' promises in 5 years. I didn't expect that (I have stated top ten should be our aim, seen as unreasonable by you) but are you happy being sold something on a blatant lie? Surely not one person would be happy with that … you excluded obviously. You're special. Many see you as a club plant. I just see you as someone with a different opinion but your lack of ambition, despite the fact that you say you do so many home and away games, just baffles me, massively.
Minimum finish of top 10 IS guaranteeing top 10 is it not ? That is what minimum means :lol:

I haven't edited anything other than my typos. Those tables were published by the PL and FIFA :lol:

And like I think I said, I have no issue with wanting these things...don't we all. But marching because we dont finish above a certain position ?

Why am I not questioning the board promises ? Again, I said above that I take most promises from owners with a pinch of salt. Its more ambition than anything else but I dont take any promises as written contracts.

But as you write, it appears if I dont agree with you, it makes me a club plant...Fucking grow up and understand that just because I dont want to walk around a park bleating like a victim that my club have not finished in the top 10 makes me no less of a supporter than you.
Last edited by h69 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Tescos promised me they had plenty of stock, their supply chain was robust and wouldn't run out of anything....

Things change/happen but I'm not going to be venting my anger at them in 5 years time.

It's just like my kids when they were younger - why can't I have a ice cream, because you've been naughty, but YOU PROMISED... :roll:

h69

Post by h69 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:47 am

It goes a lot further back than that H........remember Martin Peters.......for Jimmy Greaves...... :lol: :lol:
:lol: Fair enough. Where was the march when that happened ?