Tottenham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Tottenham vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:22 pm These journeymen owners, not businessmen, entrepreneurs or other fancy title they wish to award themselves but just run of the mill salespeople, have totally destroyed this club in their pursuit of some easy way to add to their already undeserved wealth. I have to say they have been aided by the blind loyalty in the past of so many who wrapped themselves in the local boy can do no wrong mentality. What has been coming for many years now is becoming a reality. Stop playing fucking Noble for goodness if we want to stay up . BTW where is Clayton nowadays as he used to be quite a prolific poster.
He’s defected to the you tube live chat branch of Hammers chat SS .

(That’s ShortShanks not Shutz Staffel :lol: )
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Ok thanks, had to google that . Obviously knew of the SS but didn't realise that was the full name. Quite educational this site , :) :) Someone offend him or just pissed off like the rest of us ?

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:46 am
Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:11 pm Why fucking Moyes? I know he's cheap, but he was shite last time and he's still fucking shite now. I can't believe there wasn't a better option. Tony Pulis, Mark Hughes, even Steve fucking McClaren could surely have done a better job.
Still at least when we go down that little dwarf fuck can't spin this as anything that an utter failure on his part. Prick. Macari out.
Being brutally frank it has to be said that no manager with any sort of reputation would want to come to West Ham. We have always been a club which lacks ambition so we will never be able to attract managers who have the drive and desire to achieve success. Because they know they won't be able to get it and their reputations will suffer.
We hire dinosaurs, mate. Ever since SuGo arrived its been bargains and has beens.
There's young ambitious coaches to be had, but Sullivan isn't interested.
Huddersfield had the right idea. Young competent coaches champing at the bit for an opportunity.
Yes, it's a gamble, but then again isn't David Moyes? I have no idea who any of RB Leipzig's assistant managers are, but I'd take any of them, sight unseen, over the Messiah right now.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Neville Bartos wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:34 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:46 am

Being brutally frank it has to be said that no manager with any sort of reputation would want to come to West Ham. We have always been a club which lacks ambition so we will never be able to attract managers who have the drive and desire to achieve success. Because they know they won't be able to get it and their reputations will suffer.
We hire dinosaurs, mate. Ever since SuGo arrived its been bargains and has beens.
Huddersfield had the right idea. Young competent coaches champing at the bit for an opportunity.
Yes, it's a gamble, but then again isn't David Moyes? I have no idea who any of RB Leipzig's assistant managers are, but I'd take any of them, sight unseen, over the Messiah right now.
I don't doubt there are young competent coaches around. What I'm saying is that they wouldn't come to work at West Ham. Huddersfield, and , for example Norwich, are different beasts. Expectations are much lower, both from their own fan bases and the football world at large. When David Wagner went to Huddersfield he was EXPECTED to be relegated.. As was Daniel Farke at Norwich. Wagner actually kept them up in his first season and, although he's currently struggling at Schalke, his reputation flourished. Imo, although Norwich look nailed on to gp down, Farke will pick up a decent gig soon because of his style of football, added of course to his promotion, against all the odds, last season.

A manager coming to West Ham would be under far greater pressure because the expectations would be greater. And that expectation would be from both the media and the fan base..

Julian Nagelsmann's two assistants at Lepzig are Robert Klauss and Moritz Volz btw. ;) Volz has actually played in England (Arsenal, Wimbledon,Fulham & Ipswich) but I doubt if the dwarf knows anything about him. In fact I have convinced myself that our next managerial appointment will see the return of another serial failure who has managed us before.. A certain coach who has played for, and managed, Crystal Palace, and has successfully relegated Southampton and West Brom during his less than stellar managerial career. And he would also have had Den Haag to add to his repuatation as The Relegator had the Dutch F A not declared their season void. I've got a nagging feeling the cunt was also in charge during one of Charlton's relegation season but I,m not 100% about that.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:22 am

I don't doubt there are young competent coaches around. What I'm saying is that they wouldn't come to work at West Ham. Huddersfield, and , for example Norwich, are different beasts. Expectations are much lower, both from their own fan bases and the football world at large. When David Wagner went to Huddersfield he was EXPECTED to be relegated.. As was Daniel Farke at Norwich. Wagner actually kept them up in his first season and, although he's currently struggling at Schalke, his reputation flourished. Imo, although Norwich look nailed on to gp down, Farke will pick up a decent gig soon because of his style of football, added of course to his promotion, against all the odds, last season.

A manager coming to West Ham would be under far greater pressure because the expectations would be greater. And that expectation would be from both the media and the fan base..

Julian Nagelsmann's two assistants at Lepzig are Robert Klauss and Moritz Volz btw. ;) Volz has actually played in England (Arsenal, Wimbledon,Fulham & Ipswich) but I doubt if the dwarf knows anything about him. In fact I have convinced myself that our next managerial appointment will see the return of another serial failure who has managed us before.. A certain coach who has played for, and managed, Crystal Palace, and has successfully relegated Southampton and West Brom during his less than stellar managerial career. And he would also have had Den Haag to add to his repuatation as The Relegator had the Dutch F A not declared their season void. I've got a nagging feeling the cunt was also in charge during one of Charlton's relegation season but I,m not 100% about that.
You’re right about Charlton but in his defence I think they were done for that season anyway.

Chris Hughton would be a good candidate to take us back up.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:43 pm

You’re right about Charlton but in his defence I think they were done for that season anyway.

But wouldn't we have the usual gripes, grizzles and general grumpiness over the style of football under Hughton ? After all Brighton got rid for style, rather than results, reasons apparently.

For what it's worth I think he did a good job at Newcastle and also at Brighton.

As for Pardew and Charlton if they weren't done for before he arrived they sure as hell were the moment he walked through the door.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:31 pm

But wouldn't we have the usual gripes, grizzles and general grumpiness over the style of football under Hughton ? After all Brighton got rid for style, rather than results, reasons apparently.

For what it's worth I think he did a good job at Newcastle and also at Brighton.

As for Pardew and Charlton if they weren't done for before he arrived they sure as hell were the moment he walked through the door.
Would we not get a big tick in the diversity box if we employed him. I mean i don't know how these things work and obviously they will have their own way of making up the count.

And on the diversity scale, does it qualify as a full BAME person or half BAME and again is that considered good or nothing to brag about. It's difficult to know as the patterns keep shifting.

What we do know is we don't want to be making crabs in a sausage factory

JayK

Post by JayK »

My Toon mate wasn't over enthused with Hughton but didn't dislike him. And as you say, he done a decent job for both those teams in getting them up. I don't think he's as bad as the dinosaurs of Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes, Moyes and Pardew but he's not what we would want long term. And working for Mike Ashley he's used to working for low life chairmen.
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:34 pm

Would we not get a big tick in the diversity box if we employed him. I mean i don't know how these things work and obviously they will have their own way of making up the count.

And on the diversity scale, does it qualify as a full BAME person or half BAME and again is that considered good or nothing to brag about. It's difficult to know as the patterns keep shifting.

What we do know is we don't want to be making crabs in a sausage factory
😂😂
COYI!!!

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Are expectation higher for us at this point though?
Surely by now most of us understand that we don't do progress, and we don't do long term.
Yes, we have the odd halfway decent season, but those are always followed by laurel resting and disappointment.
The rotten core of incompetence at the heart of the club has been discussed to death.
So, for me, given restrictions and handicaps of having our managers job better suits a young hands on coach. Someone who is more used to working with players than transfers or team building. Because we can't seem to do those.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.