Gonzo & the Messiah

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Gonzo & the Messiah

Post by Newmarket »

redhammer wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:19 pm I remain unconvinced by a long way.

I imagine he will play the same XI tomorrow night, maybe changing the right back but that’s it and I fully expect Man Utd to take advantage of Mark Noble in a free role by running through the middle of the park which will lead to Noble being criticised again despite being asked to play a role he just can’t.

I’ll probably be wrong and Noble plays like Pirlo again but I do think it’s a glaring way to expose us and easily too.

He deserves next season, as he did the last time and tbh I don’t think we will get relegated under him but keeping us up this season isn’t an achievement in my eyes, he came in when we were 6 points off 10th and not in the bottom 3, he took us into the bottom 3 and are 16 points off 10th.

Staying up with this squad was an easy job made to look difficult, imo.
So you agree that Gonzo’s a Cunt then ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

palerider wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:28 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:01 pm He's the manager our owners deserve.
Probably.

He was out of work and presumably cheap. And whether or not he deserved the chop after rescuing us from Bilic (lovely man), you'd have thought that if he wasn't desperate he'd have told the dwarf to do one.

But in his favour. I thought at the beginning of the restart we were doomed. Especially two games in. The result against Chelsea which tbh few expected, changed our season. I don't think it had much to do with Moyes, but more to do with crap defending. But we took it and built on it. He should take credit for that.

He isn't the man to lead us on to bigger things but he deserves the chance to at least start next season if only for the fact that young and progressive managers willing to work for a smarmy little cunt who'd sell his sister for a shekel are a bit thin on the ground.

The cancer at West Ham doesn't wear tartan.
Nothing against the messianic one as a person, but words like uninspiring, dated, stooge and fall guy spring to mind.
Words that go hand in glove with Sullivan.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:42 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:37 am

I agree,it has not been great.

Since February though,you can see some shoots of improvement.We are scoring goals.

In that time,only 3 teams have scored more goals than us.That`s not a bad stat,is it?

We have scored against a Chelsea team who switched off, Norwich who have Championship players who also gave up and Watford who had massive issues behind the scenes, as shown by Pearsons sacking.

Please show me progress against against teams that are PL quality and with something to play for? Spurs match? Newcastle match? Burnley match? Arsenal match? Wolves match?
In the first 2 games after start up,everybody was off it,apart from City..Wolves brought on Traore with his pace and power, that turned the game..Spurs were only slightly better than us,but got the points.We have played well since the Chelsea(who aren't PL quality according to you) game.It was only the heroics of Pope that kept us out v Burnley.

Do you remember the Arsenal game?Obviously not..Arsenal got very lucky.We should have beat Newcastle has well.We were the better team.

You put your spin on it,I put mine.Mind you,I give you the facts,you just find has many negatives against West Ham as you can.You would make a great politician.

Listen,I don`t think we are great,but since February,I can see a big improvement.I said in another thread,only 3 teams have scored more goals in that time.Not bad for a team,that are meant to be awful.

While you are here,I don`t expect us to get anything from the next 2 games,has Man U & Villa are both desperate for the points.I do hope I am wrong though..I have even known the Champions to turn off for those in need of points trying to avoid the drop in the last few games.It happens.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Unser Anführer wird das alles hinter sich lassen :lol:

https://www.claretandhugh.info/we-need- ... he-moment/
Bring back Jonathon !