West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:43 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:19 pm Before tonight I had no idea that touchline decisions were a VAR mandate.
Thank fuck they had the foresight to put cameras in place to ensure they get these decisions right :shock: :shock: :shock:
Absolute joke of a decision that changed the whole game
How was it a joke decision ? No one can say with certainty if the ball went out or not. The decision wouldn’t have mattered had we capitalised in the 60 minutes we were well on top. Man U were the better side for 30 minutes and scored one disputed goal and two others. That is why they won.

Don’t look for excuses. Make sure next game you’re on top for 60 minutes you capitalise on it. Excuses are for losers.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

Played well for an hour, should have put them away in the first half they were there for the taking.

We can only blame ourselves, they did score 3 quality goals, but we were static for 2 of them. First one was probably not a goal but hard to really know.

I am disappointed but not like we were terrible for 90 mins and offered nothing. So positive for next week. Benrahma looked bright, offers something different, may be worth a starting place, though Fornals and Bowen been so good for the system, we could do with a bit more creativity. Could even consider putting him upfront.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:04 pm
hd1 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Absolute joke of a decision that changed the whole game
How was it a joke decision ? No one can say with certainty if the ball went out or not. The decision wouldn’t have mattered had we capitalised in the 60 minutes we were well on top. Man U were the better side for 30 minutes and scored one disputed goal and two others. That is why they won.

Don’t look for excuses. Make sure next game you’re on top for 60 minutes you capitalise on it. Excuses are for losers.
And that is exactly what the two match reports I read summarised. If Haller and Bowen had simply connected with what were simple side foots (composure) then the outcome would have been guaranteed. I'm not blaming them but it's as clear as the famous club anthem. And only slightly more annoying...

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Agree with the poor finishing in the final 3rd comments, real lack of quality taking chances. They had no such problems when we decided to play a high line against two of the fastest attackers in the league & not mark Fernandez & Mata in midfield!
#fuckqatar2022

Post by 9898 »

1st half, ball out or not, its all irrelevant.
We were always going to lose no matter what the half time score.
When Man Utd bothered we were well, well, well out classed.

This pretend football has suited us, but the more REAL football ewturns the more we get shown up.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Hammertime wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:41 pm Agree with the poor finishing in the final 3rd comments, real lack of quality taking chances. They had no such problems when we decided to play a high line against two of the fastest attackers in the league & not mark Fernandez & Mata in midfield!
I thought we would have problems when Fernandes came on. It's amazing the difference one bloke can make to a team. And when Mata came on as well it seemed pretty inevitable we'd be over whelmed in midfield. Our problem of course is that we don't have players of good enough quality to bring on to strengthen the midfield.

And imo taking off two of our hardest grafters, Bowen & Fornals and replacing them with Benrahma and Lanzini was asking for trouble.. Easy to be wise after the event of course but Haller, for me, was the one to sacrifice if new blood was needed---which it was. But it did show up the overall weakness of the squad.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Agree as I stated earlier also Rashford gave them more bite up front
We cannot compete with that quality they have at their disposal.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Positives still just about outweigh the Negatives for me in that one...played really well against a very good Manc side...
Anyone thats played footie and how the ball goes when kicked in a certain way, knows that ball was out...
Trouble is most Refs and Linos are shit footballers... :lol:
Lino in first half got me worried..then the other one does that....but like I think Whisky said...don't like excuses,what
goes around usually comes around.

Bowen had a great game..BUT...needs to get his fuckin head up at times...missed a square ball to Haller who had
a clear shot on goal...missed a ball out to Arthur which would have put him clear,knocked it back to Cress,couple of
other things...but still starts for me...Moyes job to have a word..
Think we really need to look at Starting Ben over Fornals,think he'll bring a bit more,seems to want to get something
going more central,something we lack.
Also reckon a fit Micky starting over Haller we win that one...
Balbuena is a bit to keen on the long ball out...he can pick a pass at times.same as Oggy,but usually,it comes straight
back at us....back to the No Playmaker Central thing tho...if there's nothing on,as a defender you have to clear your
lines.

Hate losing ..especially that one yesterday after starting so well,but will take the positives,in that we are taking the game
to the better sides now,and look capable of beating them..

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Hopefully the kick up the arse we needed

Next up dirty fucking Leeds.

Cunts

Noni

Post by Noni »

Gotta say, though disappointed we lost at we've been good so far this season.

As people have pointed out, a good kick up the butt is needed and hopefully back to our winning ways. ;)

Lets hope this loss does not reflect the rest of the season but puts positivity to our players. :)