Moyes--The Best We Can Hope For

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Moyes--The Best We Can Hope For

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 pm
thomasswe wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:53 am

I enjoy winning games and I enjoy the defensive aspect of the game.

Beats watching a team of "exiting" players underperform under Pellegrini.

Counter attacking is more enjoyable than parling the bus and hoof under Allardyce.

I enjoyed Fornals though ball to Bowen, back to Fornals, cross to Antonio tap in last game.

I like being exited whenever we have an attacking set piece.

I like not fearing a heart attack each time we concede a set pience or expect to concede a goal from a counter attack whenver we had an offensive corner.

It's abit dull at times sure and I wouldn't expect a neutral viewer without emotional investment in the game to be having the time of their life watching the game, but I don't think it's as dull as desribed. Most analysts and expert keep praising how we play.

Actually the most negative comments are from fans.

And if those fans negativity would cause the team to perform worse by moaning and booing they can stay the fuck home forever imo. I want to keep seeing the team I support win and not having to worry about relegation for once.
I can’t say I disagree with anything you say Thomas .

SOME of it has been as dull as dishwater but I can’t say I’m not pleased at where we are and what he has achieved considering the state of the club when he came back.

However , he’s been arsehole lucky with injuries in that imo it only takes an injury to either Rice or Soucek necessitating the recall of Noble , which he would not hesitate to implement.

What I dislike about him is his in-game management and timing and nature of his substitutions when his tried and tested doesn’t seem to be working.

And he’s quite clever in his statements and press conferences, telling the fans and the board exactly what they want to hear at the same time .
That takes some doing .

It’s all bullshit and anybody that had been treated the way he was treated by Sullivan (and the fan base) the first time around wouldn’t have come back for more in a month of Sunday’s unless they were desperate.

He’s a yes man and I detest him for it .

But the footy side of things he’s done reasonably well considering he’s being hamstrung by those tight Cunts upstairs .

And if he’s happy with the size and quality of his squad then my cocks a bloater .

Be a (scots)man Moyes, tell the chairman what you need and if it’s not forthcoming then tell him to stick his job where the sun don’t shine rather than fuck over the fan base with lies and bull.
goodpost:) old man !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:02 pm

SOME of it has been as dull as dishwater but I can’t say I’m not pleased at where we are and what he has achieved considering the state of the club when he came back.

However , he’s been arsehole lucky with injuries in that imo it only takes an injury to either Rice or Soucek necessitating the recall of Noble , which he would not hesitate to implement.

What I dislike about him is his in-game management and timing and nature of his substitutions when his tried and tested doesn’t seem to be working.

And he’s quite clever in his statements and press conferences, telling the fans and the board exactly what they want to hear at the same time .
That takes some doing .

It’s all bullshit and anybody that had been treated the way he was treated by Sullivan (and the fan base) the first time around wouldn’t have come back for more in a month of Sunday’s unless they were desperate.

But the footy side of things he’s done reasonably well considering he’s being hamstrung by those tight Cunts upstairs .

And if he’s happy with the size and quality of his squad then my cocks a bloater .

Be a (scots)man Moyes, tell the chairman what you need and if it’s not forthcoming then tell him to stick his job where the sun don’t shine rather than fuck over the fan base with lies and bull.
:o

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:07 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:02 pm

:o
:?:

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Terry, you seemed to have missed my point.

Moyes has been lucky, not the team, they have done well and far better than the 2 owners deserve.

If we had a full crowd, there is no way, Moyes could have played as he is, the pressure would have bee too much. One bad result, playing like Everton and the whole place would have gone off.

So Moyes style, has suited the training ground atmosphere. While sitting at home, the performance does not really matter, but if you are paying to go, then you want a bit more.
As I look around the prem, there seems to be goals everywhere, apart from us and Sheff Utd. Yet we have a line up of Fornals, Benrahma, Lanzini, Bowen. 4 Players who should be creating. But Moyes is so determined to get players behind the ball, you would have to be Mo Farrah to continue to get up an down.

so - Moyes is lucky, not the team, lockdown has played into his Dinosaur claws
Covid in the Boardroom

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:53 am

I enjoy winning games and I enjoy the defensive aspect of the game.

Beats watching a team of "exiting" players underperform under Pellegrini.

Counter attacking is more enjoyable than parling the bus and hoof under Allardyce.

I enjoyed Fornals though ball to Bowen, back to Fornals, cross to Antonio tap in last game.

I like being exited whenever we have an attacking set piece.

I like not fearing a heart attack each time we concede a set pience or expect to concede a goal from a counter attack whenver we had an offensive corner.

It's abit dull at times sure and I wouldn't expect a neutral viewer without emotional investment in the game to be having the time of their life watching the game, but I don't think it's as dull as desribed. Most analysts and expert keep praising how we play.

Actually the most negative comments are from fans.

And if those fans negativity would cause the team to perform worse by moaning and booing they can stay the fuck home forever imo. I want to keep seeing the team I support win and not having to worry about relegation for once.

That takes some doing .

Good points as usual Mr N. And I totally agree with your game management comment. FFS if you're a goal up with a few minutes left you tell 15 year olds to keep possession wherever possible on the basis that when you've got the ball the other lot can't fucking score, But, although our defensive play has generally been good imo our too deep, everyone behind the ball, ethos, usually gives the defence , which by then is everybody, no option but to hoof it away and waut for it to come back.

As for him fucking over the fan base I can't agree though. If he, or any of the coaching staff for that matter, read forums like this they would, if their attitude was the same as mine would be, couldn't give a shit what the fan base think. They would probably take the attitude of take the money and run. They'd be asking "what do those cunts want"? We're nearer the top than the bottom, we're playing as well as most of the teams in the league, and still the cunts are moaning ? How many teams, outside the obvious usual suspects, do you honestly think are playing better football than us ? Leeds ? Getting some plaudits and are a good watch for the neutral. But listen to a lot of their fans on the phone ins and they're getting tired of being an easy team to play against. In fact one of their fans on a phone in recently mentioned Moyes as the man he's like to see replace Bielsa. Ironic, no?

FFS I even know fans of Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs who say we are playing better football than them. Yes, CHELSEA, who spent millions in the summer bringing in players of genuine international quality. Manchester United ? Have they been playing all that well ? Obviously we don't watch as much of the other teams as we do our own but during this fucking lockdown shit I've been watching a lot more than I usually would and I can honestly say our football is as good as most. And nowhere nearly as bad as you'd believe listening to some of the miserable fuckers on here.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:10 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:40 pm I have to admit I'm happy with our season so far. I think the big difference is the togetherness brought about by Moyes and especially his backroom staff.
For years we were a lot of people's 2nd team and that's lovely, but if it means we get beat 7-6 and play great football then fuck that for a game of soldiers.
I want us to play some decent stuff of course, but I also want us to have that hard to beat nasty cuntox side. Far too many times in the past, we've rolled over and got done by shit teams, fuck that.
Untill we have got rid of these parasites it's about the best we can get. Better owners with a bit of ambition will hopefully arrive, untill then, he'll do for me.
Moyes nosher.

I bet you're sitting on the pavement on Sauchiehall Street right now with a bottle of Tesco own brand scotch yelling 'fuck off ya bassas' to the rozzers as they try to move you on.

Quite so my good man.
One minute you're sat there in a smoking jacket and loafers flicking through your female Uzbekistan rugby calender and the next you're ridding your inerds of yesterday's haggis, clutching a bottle of brake fluid singing old Moira Anderson hits.
I'm fucked if I know what happened tbh.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Even under the Greenwood Lyall eras we played a lot of shit football at times

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:47 pm

That takes some doing .

Good points as usual Mr N. And I totally agree with your game management comment. FFS if you're a goal up with a few minutes left you tell 15 year olds to keep possession wherever possible on the basis that when you've got the ball the other lot can't fucking score, But, although our defensive play has generally been good imo our too deep, everyone behind the ball, ethos, usually gives the defence , which by then is everybody, no option but to hoof it away and waut for it to come back.

As for him fucking over the fan base I can't agree though. If he, or any of the coaching staff for that matter, read forums like this they would, if their attitude was the same as mine would be, couldn't give a shit what the fan base think. They would probably take the attitude of take the money and run. They'd be asking "what do those cunts want"? We're nearer the top than the bottom, we're playing as well as most of the teams in the league, and still the cunts are moaning ? How many teams, outside the obvious usual suspects, do you honestly think are playing better football than us ? Leeds ? Getting some plaudits and are a good watch for the neutral. But listen to a lot of their fans on the phone ins and they're getting tired of being an easy team to play against. In fact one of their fans on a phone in recently mentioned Moyes as the man he's like to see replace Bielsa. Ironic, no?

FFS I even know fans of Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs who say we are playing better football than them. Yes, CHELSEA, who spent millions in the summer bringing in players of genuine international quality. Manchester United ? Have they been playing all that well ? Obviously we don't watch as much of the other teams as we do our own but during this fucking lockdown shit I've been watching a lot more than I usually would and I can honestly say our football is as good as most. And nowhere nearly as bad as you'd believe listening to some of the miserable fuckers on here.
All I ask of him is to be honest mate .

If Sullivan’s told him we’re skint and there’ll be no incomings then he should say so when asked , instead of all this young hungry Red Bull model bollocks .

If he’s unhappy with the depth and quality of parts of his squad and he wants players but Sullivan won’t play ball then fucking say so instead of all the bullshit cos he’s afraid for his job .

See what I mean by fucking over ? I mean more lip service , diplomatism , trying to keep everybody happy .

He needs to man up I can’t stand the manky Scots git.
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:15 pm Terry, you seemed to have missed my point.

Moyes has been lucky, not the team, they have done well and far better than the 2 owners deserve.

If we had a full crowd, there is no way, Moyes could have played as he is, the pressure would have bee too much. One bad result, playing like Everton and the whole place would have gone off.

So Moyes style, has suited the training ground atmosphere. While sitting at home, the performance does not really matter, but if you are paying to go, then you want a bit more.
As I look around the prem, there seems to be goals everywhere, apart from us and Sheff Utd. Yet we have a line up of Fornals, Benrahma, Lanzini, Bowen. 4 Players who should be creating. But Moyes is so determined to get players behind the ball, you would have to be Mo Farrah to continue to get up an down.

so - Moyes is lucky, not the team, lockdown has played into his Dinosaur claws
I get you James about the lucky bit.I apologise,I misinterpreted you.

You say about us not scoring many goals,but we have scored more than 9 Teams in the PL..Maybe if our lovely owners would stick their hands in their pockets and purchase a decent striker,we just might score a few more.

Everton,are you talkinfg about us playing against them a few weeks ago?Bloody hell,we were playing our third match in six days,while Everton had a week off..They`d won 4 in a row before we turned up..How can you be critical of that?Even Fergie at Man U would have been happy with that score.To me,that result pleased me more than any this season.

On Saturday,we could have had 3 or 4.It`s not like we are not creating chances,is it?Even against Man United,they wouldn't have complained if were 3-0 up at HT and that's against the leaders,if took our chances?

I have never said Moyes is perfect,.but it`s a lot better than I would have expected,considering our bare boned squad..We have by far the smallest squad in the PL and we don't even have a First Team Striker,because by trade,Antonio is a winger.

You really couldn't make it up with our owners tbh.That is where these c**ts are getting away with it,in empty the empty London Stadium.

Yes,I have seen a lot more entertaining and better teams down at West Ham over my 50 years of watching them,but I doubt if I have seen a team work harder.

Taking them facts and the circumstances into consideration, I think Moyes is doing a wonderful job.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Not bad
Attachments
9A36EFB5-1984-49E6-9D45-3769DFB75813.jpeg
9A36EFB5-1984-49E6-9D45-3769DFB75813.jpeg (79.55 KiB) Viewed 977 times
COYI!!!