Stand by your man

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Stand by your man

Post by palerider »

So it begins. The first rumblings today of what we suspected. In the BBC Gossip column. That we can't afford Tammy and the bugster has admitted as much.

But we're still after a striker though. And we were in January. But 'two or three' offers came to nothing.

Well Davie. Was it two or was it three ? I'm sure you know. Eddie N'Ketiah was one I believe but those pesky Yanks at the Arse wanted more than 7 and 6 pence. And this will now be the club line.

The Messiah goes on 'The pandemic has hit all clubs'. Which of course is really the dwarf with his hand up the Jock's arse saying we haven't got a pot to piss in, in PL terms. And if we somehow scramble through the attic and find a bit of cash here and there without selling Dec we may just be able to meet United's price for Jesse. But, apart from a loan or two, that will be it apart from our marquee signing striker being a geezer few have ever heard of. Which could I agree work. Who'd heard of Diafra Sakho ?

The rub though will be seeing what other clubs in our situation spend. We're rank outsiders now for Champions League riches so we'll be competing with the likes of Everton, Arse, the bacon-dodgers and the victims for the remaining crumbs. And I don't have to be Mystic Meg to see where that's going.

It's been an odd season. One that will live in the memory but one that I fear will ultimately fall short due to having such a small squad because of Statler and Waldorf's penny-pinching. I just hope to Christ we don't qualify for this new Europa Cup. For me that would be the final insult.

To succeed, sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. The dwarf tried that with Mr.Dead and it backfired. He should have known that the old fraud was mid-table in China for a reason. And he won't do it again, especially now. Although Moyes has, and I'm saying this through gritted teeth, earnt the right to have a decent transfer kitty to build on what he's achieved.

Some good ole' Country and Western lyrics then for the Dwarf Shitcunt.

Stand By Your Man.
Give him two arms to cling to.

Even if they're very short.

Newmarket

Re: Stand by your man

Post by Newmarket »

Cheers Al 👍🏻
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Moyes strikes me as a manager that performs better (pound for pound) with limited funding. He scrimps and saves (and transforms) better than he spends.

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:43 am Moyes strikes me as a manager that performs better (pound for pound) with limited funding. He scrimps and saves (and transforms) better than he spends.
The season Everton qualified for the CL under Moyes, I think they spent big, obviously fees were a lot smaller then, but James Beattie, Phil Neville and Simon Davies were significant investments at the time.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:43 am Moyes strikes me as a manager that performs better (pound for pound) with limited funding. He scrimps and saves (and transforms) better than he spends.
The season Everton qualified for the CL under Moyes, I think they spent big, obviously fees were a lot smaller then, but James Beattie, Phil Neville and Simon Davies were significant investments at the time.
Wasn't that their "in and out of Europe twice in 60 seconds season" ? Which might suggest Moyes is better when he shops in Lidl than when he visits Fortnam & Mason. I think we can all agree that Coufal, Soucek and even Dawson have been more effective signings than Benrahma, the most expensive one. Assuming Moyes did buy him of course.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Is that your polite way of telling me to “Shut the fuck up you know-nothing fuck-knuckle”?

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 am

Is that your polite way of telling me to “Shut the fuck up you know-nothing fuck-knuckle”?
:lol: :lol:

fuck-knuckle.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, reaching his managerial peak apparently after 23 years, be interesting to see how he copes with the meagre picking he will be given and all the under achieving clubs coming back to form.

Should have took the celtic job while it was open to try to break his managerial duck.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:06 am

Wasn't that their "in and out of Europe twice in 60 seconds season" ? Which might suggest Moyes is better when he shops in Lidl than when he visits Fortnam & Mason. I think we can all agree that Coufal, Soucek and even Dawson have been more effective signings than Benrahma, the most expensive one. Assuming Moyes did buy him of course.
I doubt Moyes had any say in Benrahma, but as you say, all that glitters is not gold in the transfer market.

But he should at least be given the chance to get the credit card out if he thinks it's worth the risk.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

garnett wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:06 am Morning, reaching his managerial peak apparently after 23 years, be interesting to see how he copes with the meagre picking he will be given and all the under achieving clubs coming back to form.

Should have took the celtic job while it was open to try to break his managerial duck.
Morning .
Garn , you’re the only one I know of that dislikes the manky Scots git more than I do .
Do you not feel though , that considering who he is working for , results-wise he deserves a new contract ?
Bring back Jonathon !