Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:21 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:53 am

But if you take away the term ‘working class’ and substitute the word ‘ordinary’ ?
Thing that always puzzles me is this. The lot that bang on about race, inequality and all the other stuff claim they want equality. And yet in the next breath they're talking about "black community", "asian community" and so on. If equality is what they're after wouldn't there just be a community ? That community would be an inclusive one, containing all shapes , sizes----and colours.

And as I've banged on about before I honestly haven't got a clue why some people are so obsessed with compartmentalising people into social classes. I get it in history books. If you worked at t'mill during the industrial revolution or spent all day ploughing a field you were seen in a different light to the bloke who owned the mill or the farmer paying you a few coppers for your efforts. But it's 2021 now FFS. ;)
These days working class is just a turn of phrase meaning the opposite of rich r affluent, as in comfortably well off and the not so well off .
I myself don’t even bat an eyelid when I read or hear the term and I can’t for the life of me understand why anybody would have a bee in their bonnet about it .

Especially people that don’t get ring fenced into the category .

Taking the knee , as it stated in that article above , is a BLM thing and a BLM thing only .
It has fuck all to do with Racism because there IS no fundamental racism problem in this country . Or at least there wasn’t .
Nobody ever booed kick it out or any other similar organisation and these boos are simply a message that the common or garden football fan is fed up to the back teeth of being BRANDED racist just so that the powers that be aren’t seen to be backing down.
The FA and PL used to have BLM slogans plastered over shirts , stadiums and banners . They don’t anymore .

Why not ?
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:57 am

Thing that always puzzles me is this. The lot that bang on about race, inequality and all the other stuff claim they want equality. And yet in the next breath they're talking about "black community", "asian community" and so on. If equality is what they're after wouldn't there just be a community ? That community would be an inclusive one, containing all shapes , sizes----and colours.

And as I've banged on about before I honestly haven't got a clue why some people are so obsessed with compartmentalising people into social classes. I get it in history books. If you worked at t'mill during the industrial revolution or spent all day ploughing a field you were seen in a different light to the bloke who owned the mill or the farmer paying you a few coppers for your efforts. But it's 2021 now FFS. ;)
These days working class is just a turn of phrase meaning the opposite of rich r affluent, as in comfortably well off and the not so well off .
I myself don’t even bat an eyelid when I read or hear the term and I can’t for the life of me understand why anybody would have a bee in their bonnet about it .

Taking the knee , as it stated in that article above , is a BLM thing and a BLM thing only .
It has fuck all to do with Racism because there IS no fundamental racism problem in this country . Or at least there wasn’t .
Nobody ever booed kick it out or any other similar organisation and these boos are simply a message that the common or garden football fan is fed up to the back teeth of being BRANDED racist just so that the powers that be aren’t seen to be backing down.
The FA and PL used to have BLM slogans plastered over shirts , stadiums and banners . They don’t anymore .

Why not ?
BLM was triggered by the death, however wrong, of an American career criminal. It was seized on by black activists in Blighty because lots of things originate over the pond.

Ambulance chasing claims, trick or treat, Mothers and Fathers day.

It's political, no two ways about it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:02 am

Why not ?
BLM was triggered by the death, however wrong, of an American career criminal. It was seized on by black activists in Blighty because lots of things originate over the pond.

And the footy authorities know it .

That’s why they dropped all the fucking slogans .

30 seconds clapping for Kick it out or similar instead of this current shit and it not only all goes away but just about every football fan in this country would support it as well and join in .
Even me on my sofa.
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Why not ?
Mate, there is plenty of racism and discrimination in this country.....see the two links below

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2021/06/ ... e_male?rss

And this one

Yet we are still being lectured at matches like school kids because of the death of a drug dealer and a marxist organisation.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:25 am
palerider wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:02 am

30 seconds clapping for Kick it out or similar instead of this current shit and it not only all goes away but just about every football fan in this country would support it as well and join in .
Even me on my sofa.
That's probably very true. But what it doesn't explain is where exactly singing the "no surrender" bollocks during the national anthem playing fits in. And that is the problem. The general public is, I think, either pissed off by or couldn't give a shit about, the pointless knee taking. But , just as the BLM mob are doing, there is, whether we like it or not, a very unpleasant core of human effluent which has, for many years, attached itself to the England football team. We've all seen and heard it, many of us at first hand. And a lot of people find their antics just as repellant, and for that matter, irrelevant in today's society, as the activities of the BLM brigade.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:53 am
palerider wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:41 am
It's all about a cause Whisky.

For as long as I can remember there's been piss takes in one shape or form. I spoke to a black screw about him being nicknamed Chalky once and he said it was only racist if the recipient was offended by it. Which he wasn't. In the same way that the Irish have been labelled thick, the Jocks tight or the Welsh preferring a woollier type of sex. The same as me being called a dago.

A close friend of mine, a real neo-liberalist has a bee in his bonnet atm about the booing. Yet 20 years ago he would call another mate of ours, from Guyana, the Darkie. It's hypocritical in the nth degree.

Pampered black PL tarts on 150k a week having a hissy fit about inequality is a bit rich when there are hundreds of thousands of white people in this country living on or below the bread line.

The fault of all this bollocks is social media. With covid a catalyst for bored tossers looking for something to moan about. Do many of the players taking a knee really give a flying fart about why they're doing it ? They're more afraid of some lettuce eating student from Bristol condemning them on Twitter if they don't than an Asian nurse who's working 90 hours a week ffs.

Back in the 70's, Clyde Best was racially abused by Billy Bremner in a game. Instead of whinging about it he rammed a finger into Bremner's eye while the ref had his back turned. It's what we did back then.

World's going to hell in a fucking handcart and it's about time someone in power said enough is enough.
All very well blaming "social media" mate. But what is social media ? It's you and me. Same in many ways as the argument in the USA over the right to bear arms . It's not guns that kill, it's the people who own them. So it's not "social media's" fault, it's us lot who drive the fucking thing. Which is I guess why the people in power are actually powerless to do anything about it. There have always been cunts and there will always be cunts.
It`s media outlets like the BBC driving it.Everyday,you will see a story about race on there.Most days you will see 3 or 4 stories.

Eg https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57393217

They are trying to brainwash people in this country.

Will always say,there are just has many white people living in poverty,has there are black people...Just like I will say,this country is the least racial in the world...Go anywhere in the world and you will see the difference.That is why the media in this country can stuff this down our throats,but I don't think it will happen to a degree anywhere else,like it does in the UK.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:50 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:25 am

Even me on my sofa.
That's probably very true. But what it doesn't explain is where exactly singing the "no surrender" bollocks during the national anthem playing fits in. And that is the problem. The general public is, I think, either pissed off by or couldn't give a shit about, the pointless knee taking. But , just as the BLM mob are doing, there is, whether we like it or not, a very unpleasant core of human effluent which has, for many years, attached itself to the England football team. We've all seen and heard it, many of us at first hand. And a lot of people find their antics just as repellant, and for that matter, irrelevant in today's society, as the activities of the BLM brigade.
Yeah I never really ‘got’ the never surrender thing tbh although I can imagine where it originated and the message it may have initially been sending .

Not that that excuses any hooligan element of course , just to be clear there ....
Has it always been here or hereabouts ?

Cos If it’s just reappeared recently then I would imagine it’s very much a two fingered gesture aimed at the faceless woke morons at the FA and the PL ...

And , of course , the England manager who is not only a gormless Nijinsky looking cunt but a clueless football manager that makes David Moyes look like a tactical genius .
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Something summed it up for me recently...Firstly I'll say I'm a fan of Lewis Hamilton,Best F1 driver ever IMO..and a pretty
nice guy..I know some don't agree....but he is..

Was Talking about how F1 has become a Rich Mans game....hinting that even new drivers now have millionaire fathers,backing
them....and how he would like to see a fairer system that would encourage and enable the less well of kids and youngsters
to have a crack at F1,give them opportunities in the sport....So...
He and Mercedes are introducing a scheme to Enable and give youngsters from less well off backgrounds in the "ETHNIC"
communities an introduction into F1..

So if your a less well off UK born white Kiddie who loves the sport...suggest you write your letters to Red Bull.....

You can be well meaning and still get things totally wrong,so much so that you create a bigger problem than what already
existed......Welcome to the BLM movement.....................

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:47 pm Something summed it up for me recently...Firstly I'll say I'm a fan of Lewis Hamilton,Best F1 driver ever IMO..and a pretty
nice guy..I know some don't agree....but he is..

Was Talking about how F1 has become a Rich Mans game....hinting that even new drivers now have millionaire fathers,backing
them....and how he would like to see a fairer system that would encourage and enable the less well of kids and youngsters
to have a crack at F1,give them opportunities in the sport....So...
He and Mercedes are introducing a scheme to Enable and give youngsters from less well off backgrounds in the "ETHNIC"
communities an introduction into F1..

So if your a less well off UK born white Kiddie who loves the sport...suggest you write your letters to Red Bull.....

You can be well meaning and still get things totally wrong,so much so that you create a bigger problem than what already
existed......Welcome to the BLM movement.....................
I’ve got nothing to add to that . You could indeed have posted it on the official Lewis Hamilton is a cunt thread but sadly he’s just adding to the problem which not only already exists but is getting worse by the day .

Just another thing that could be added to the list of reasons why the knee taking gets booed .

It ain’t racist . It’s an objection to being branded racist .

Why can’t people see this ?
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Sadly I saw Rio putting the case for taking the knee not being political today.

There are those who say the gesture started not because of that Yank piece of shit croaking but NFL star Colin Kaepernik doing it in 2016 during the star spangled banner. Donny wasn't pleased.

And that was the very start of the BLM movement.

But he's not politically motivated apparently.

He's publishing a book over there about his belief that the police should be disbanded.........Ring any bells ?

Sorry Rio. You were a great player, you're a decent pundit and I really felt for you when your wife died.

But do your research mate.