Why all The whinging??

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Why all The whinging??

Post by eskimo joe »

Once upon a time the Euros used to be held in one location, now the Italians are moaning because we are said to have had the advantage of playing all our games bar one at home.

There is also some there that think Boris Johnson has helped England win the euros because of his stance on the super league Mind games me thinks.

The Denmark game itself. The penalty, as distasteful as diving is, every country has its culprits, i would go as far as to say it is a teaching nowadays.So we got one going our way, loathsome. But if one wants to take the letter of the law into consideration and also deny the penalty goals scored despite them, we would have still come out on top.

The ball on the pitch... yes maybe often refs stop the game to remove it, but its left to the refs disgression as to whether it was influencing play . Was it? did it? TBH, i myself didnt even notice it.

As for the rest of the stuff that happened off the pitch....Disgusting and makes one feel ashamed.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

only1salty

Re: Why all The whinging??

Post by only1salty »

Fuck them.

We are too sensitive and our media are the usual English hating liberals in Islington

Denmark had a free kick that never was. Kane could have had a pen and yes sterling took a plunge BUT

The Italian prick took a dive, pretended to be injured and then leapt up to celebrate when his team scored.

Boris can help England by allowing 90,000 into Wembley Sunday.

France, Germany, Italy and Uruguay have all won world cups at home - they were the home team for every game. Do the Italians not count the 1934 World Cup as a win because it was in Italy? Do they fuck.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:16 am Once upon a time the Euros used to be held in one location, now the Italians are moaning because we are said to have had the advantage of playing all our games bar one at home.

There is also some there that think Boris Johnson has helped England win the euros because of his stance on the super league Mind games me thinks.

The Denmark game itself. The penalty, as distasteful as diving is, every country has its culprits, i would go as far as to say it is a teaching nowadays.So we got one going our way, loathsome. But if one wants to take the letter of the law into consideration and also deny the penalty goals scored despite them, we would have still come out on top.

The ball on the pitch... yes maybe often refs stop the game to remove it, but its left to the refs disgression as to whether it was influencing play . Was it? did it? TBH, i myself didnt even notice it.

As for the rest of the stuff that happened off the pitch....Disgusting and makes one feel ashamed.
It looks like they’ve conveniently forgotten their 1968 European Championship victory as well the finals of which were held in , er , Italy.

Sounds to me like they’re a little bit rattled and a tad worried .
Bring back Jonathon !

DanishHammer

Post by DanishHammer »

only1salty wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:51 am Fuck them.

We are too sensitive and our media are the usual English hating liberals in Islington

Denmark had a free kick that never was. Kane could have had a pen and yes sterling took a plunge BUT

The Italian prick took a dive, pretended to be injured and then leapt up to celebrate when his team scored.

France, Germany, Italy and Uruguay have all won world cups at home - they were the home team for every game. Do the Italians not count the 1934 World Cup as a win because it was in Italy? Do they fuck.

So it makes it okay because the Italians dive too?

Diving is cheating - getting a soft free kick is not diving...

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

kickimmuts
Covid in the Boardroom

DanishHammer

Post by DanishHammer »

jameskel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:29 pmkickimmuts
I think you deserved to win, but this justifying diving by mentioning "the hand of God" and others cheating is just pathetic.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

DanishHammer wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:03 am
jameskel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:29 pmkickimmuts
I think you deserved to win, but this justifying diving by mentioning "the hand of God" and others cheating is just pathetic.
Cheating is cheating but its been effective for quite some time in football and when the reward is greater then the punishment teams and players will do what they can to win

"taking a yellow for the team" is usually called a "tactical foul" but its cheating by definition - the punishment is on most occations a yellow card and the reward is that you stop an attack that might lead to a goal.

But its still a violation against the rules just as diving is.

Nothing will change until the reward isnt better than the possible punishment.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I’m not justifying fuck all ,fuck em we’re in the final.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

thomasswe wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:27 am
DanishHammer wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:03 am

Cheating is cheating but its been effective for quite some time in football and when the reward is greater then the punishment teams and players will do what they can to win

"taking a yellow for the team" is usually called a "tactical foul" but its cheating by definition - the punishment is on most occations a yellow card and the reward is that you stop an attack that might lead to a goal.

But its still a violation against the rules just as diving is.

Nothing will change until the reward isnt better than the possible punishment.
True enough . If the Wops are leading into the last 10-15 minutes you’ll see plenty of it .

If you thought Romeo Benetti was good at it , think again :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

DanishHammer wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:56 pm
only1salty wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:51 am Fuck them.

So it makes it okay because the Italians dive too?

Diving is cheating - getting a soft free kick is not diving...
Utter drivel bacon muncher - diving to get a soft free kick is diving. Having attacking players within 1 metre of the defensive wall is cheating.

We all do it. Some - like the Italians - embrace it. Some pretend they don't do it but do - like England and some tell everyone that the cheating they do is not really cheating and waffle on trying t justify that they are sporting when in reality they are at it aswell. Like Denmark.

Just like the wankers on the motorway who think its OK for them to break the speed limit at 90mph but have a pop when you come past them at 100mph.

We are all at it - just you try and justify that the way you do it is OK.