RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: RICE

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:20 pm What a pathetic way to run a club. Instead of building a team around Declan, they can't wait to offload the kid.
They really are fucking vermin of the highest order.
Futile trying to build a team around a player who will obviously outgrow the club sooner rather than later. Let's be honest West Ham isn't a big enough, or ambitious enough, club to hold onto players of Rice's exceptional ability.

Sad but true.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:14 pm You're wasting your breath Jay..., :oops:
I know mate. Not gonna try hard on this one :lol:
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The Gonz is not happy that Matt law (Telegraph sports correspondent) made comments regarding Declan's future career, while contributing to a Chelsea podcast.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:34 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:20 pm What a pathetic way to run a club. Instead of building a team around Declan, they can't wait to offload the kid.
They really are fucking vermin of the highest order.
Futile trying to build a team around a player who will obviously outgrow the club sooner rather than later. Let's be honest West Ham isn't a big enough, or ambitious enough, club to hold onto players of Rice's exceptional ability.

Sad but true.
One day Whisk, one day.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:39 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:14 pm You're wasting your breath Jay..., :oops:
:lol:

Not even the most blinkered supporter expects Declan to stay here forever, and there should be no doubt in our minds that when we can maximise his value we will (as around 98% of other clubs would do), but the one thing that isn't happening right now is us peddling him to the market and no-one has enquired.

Now if our Brazilian fella thinks that pointing out bullshit is sucking up to the board, then it says more about him than me

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:34 pmFutile trying to build a team around a player who will obviously outgrow the club sooner rather than later. Let's be honest West Ham isn't a big enough, or ambitious enough, club to hold onto players of Rice's exceptional ability.

Sad but true.
As it is with all but the biggest clubs in the world. The key though is that when you sell your best players you recruit well - think Dortmund, and there in lies the problem. Will we ever get anywhere near the success they have had? (I wonder how many answers will be "not while the vermin are still here" Zzzzzzz

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Not even the most blinkered supporter expects Declan to stay here forever, and there should be no doubt in our minds that when we can maximise his value we will (as around 98% of other clubs would do), but the one thing that isn't happening right now is us peddling him to the market and no-one has enquired.

Now if our Brazilian fella thinks that pointing out bullshit is sucking up to the board, then it says more about him than me
Well that's an interesting interpretation of what happened in June. Let's remind ourselves shall we,West Ham through media outlets, announced
that the price for Declan Rice was 100 million sterling.

Now, that sounds very much like 'peddling' something to the market to me...

hd1

Post by hd1 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:16 pm Well that's an interesting interpretation of what happened in June. Let's remind ourselves shall we,West Ham through media outlets, announced
that the price for Declan Rice was 100 million sterling.

Now, that sounds very much like 'peddling' something to the market to me...
It was March, and it was Moyes responding to a question from the press when he said he didn't agree with the owners view that Rice was worth £100m, he felt he was worth more.

That doesn't sound anything like peddling to me

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

:lol: :lol:

Nosher... :oops:

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:47 pm

Nosher... :oops:
COYI!!!