A little Reminder of what Mystic Micky said When GSB took charge..

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: A little Reminder of what Mystic Micky said When GSB took charge..

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:05 pm
9898 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:31 am

Payet broke transfer record.
Anderson broke transfer record.
Haller broke transfer record.

Does that make them 3 timea better than 1979 owners?
Have we broke the world transfer record since 2011?That is the question you should be asking yourself?

In the last 11 years(since GSB have been here),EVERY team that has played in the Premier League has broke their Transfer record...Did you know Norwich City have broke theirs EIGHT times..WBA have broken theirs TEN times..To even it up a bit ,Man City have broke theirs 14 Times.

How many times have we broken ours?FIVE TIMES. since 2011.

See you in about 2 weeks time(You always disappear when you've been schooled :lol: )
I've told you before Tegs, do not post with emotion as the results do not reflect well.

Norwich City transfer record £10 million for Tzolis.
WBA transfer record £15 million for Burke.
West Ham transfer record £45 million for Haller.
I think you will now see that your last post was foolish at best...... but thanks for pointing out they are 5 TIMES better owners than the 1979 owners, based on your argument.

Let me educate you with some things they have down for the club:
Only West Ham owners to have appointed a PL (and Div 1) winning manager.
Only West Ham owners to have regular meetings with a fans group.
Only West Ham owners to massively reduce childrens ticket prices with 'kids for a quid'.
Got West Hamnjnto Europe.
Honoured club legends by naming stands after them.
Been the highest net spenders, in relation to other clubs, of any West Ham owners.
Held on to, and tried to hold on to, prized assets by giving them elite level pay rises.

I could go on but what's the point. You are just posting nonsense that cannot be backed up with facts to suit your agenda.
Try looking for some balance.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:55 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:50 am

In fairness rented accommodation for a football club is a lot different to rented accommodation for a family home OK a football ground can be put to use occasionally for other events, boxing, concerts and so forth, but by and large it's only use is once or twice a fortnight when a game is actually played there.

Stumpy and Dribbly won't get any plaudits from me but the decision to "go rental" is a long way from being one of their worst imo.
I think their decision to 'go mental' was the last straw for most club watchers...
I think they had already reached that stage a long time before they signed the cheque mate. Right from the start Gold demonstrated an alarming lack of nous with his persistent wittering about retractable seating when interviewed in front of his strategically placed helicopter. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

The sooner the evil 3 clowns out of our club, the better as we are the laughing stock of buying players as all other clubs brought their players that we were target on to be successful in their club because their owner SUPPORT whereas our owners only interested in THEIR MONEY IN THEIR POCKETS!!!

I do seriously hope in 2023, GSB will be LONG GONE otherwise we will be in the Chamipionship like Nottingham Forest and Sheff Wed who has big fans base but they never retuned to top flight for more than 20 f&cking years!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:16 pm People get so hot under the collar over club politics, it makes me laugh, nothing much has changed in all the years I have supported the club.

As for the OS. Well, we had the chance to move to a site in Becton but didnt do it, then this comes along and no-one would turn down the deal we got. Did we reinvest the money in the team, not really.....did it get us to the CL in 5 years, not quite (close though), did we need to move....yes (most games were sold out before we moved despite what this PAI shower claim and we get pretty high attendances where we are).
Probably the one thing us fans can be blamed for. There was a vote and it overwhelmingly, and wrongly imo, went in favour of staying at Upton Park despite the fact that even back in the early 90s the transport infrastructure was crap.

OK it could be legitimately argued that the then management should have bitten the bullet and made the decision to build and not involved the fan base, but as we have seen on numerous occasions, not just at West Ham, that sort of thing doesn't go down too well.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dagger wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:59 am :D ya gotta love numbers
On this one I make him right, we have always had terrible owners.
However this lot make a lot of noise, and come out with blatant lies.

The other owners we never heard from.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:42 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:55 am
I think their decision to 'go mental' was the last straw for most club watchers...
I think they had already reached that stage a long time before they signed the cheque mate. Right from the start Gold demonstrated an alarming lack of nous with his persistent wittering about retractable seating when interviewed in front of his strategically placed helicopter. ;)
Oh christ, it gets worse if that happened. I didn't realise he gave several interviews on the subject. I remember him interviwed on the Upton Park touchline and saying, the fans would be as near to the seats in the OS, as they are now and gesturing with a hand sweep, the distance of the first row of seats to the pitch edge. I'm sure that's still available on Youtube.

And i rember thinking, I bet that's an exaggeration...and as we discovered, it sure was - opera glasses anybody

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:34 am
JayK wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:10 pm

For just over half its value if the reported figures were to be believed
They sold it for £40 million to Galliard and it was sold on for a whooping £150 million just weeks after UP closed.to Barrett homes.They will at least double their money when all 842 homes are sold off.

This use to be on Google,but was actually removed(probably requested by GSB) a few months after.,when questions started to be asked..I so wish I would have kept it.
Shady
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:39 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:05 pm

Have we broke the world transfer record since 2011?That is the question you should be asking yourself?

In the last 11 years(since GSB have been here),EVERY team that has played in the Premier League has broke their Transfer record...Did you know Norwich City have broke theirs EIGHT times..WBA have broken theirs TEN times..To even it up a bit ,Man City have broke theirs 14 Times.

How many times have we broken ours?FIVE TIMES. since 2011.

See you in about 2 weeks time(You always disappear when you've been schooled :lol: )
I've told you before Tegs, do not post with emotion as the results do not reflect well.

Norwich City transfer record £10 million for Tzolis.
WBA transfer record £15 million for Burke.
West Ham transfer record £45 million for Haller.
I think you will now see that your last post was foolish at best...... but thanks for pointing out they are 5 TIMES better owners than the 1979 owners, based on your argument.

Let me educate you with some things they have down for the club:
Only West Ham owners to have appointed a PL (and Div 1) winning manager.
Only West Ham owners to have regular meetings with a fans group.
Only West Ham owners to massively reduce childrens ticket prices with 'kids for a quid'.
Got West Hamnjnto Europe.
Been the highest net spenders, in relation to other clubs, of any West Ham owners.
Held on to, and tried to hold on to, prized assets by giving them elite level pay rises.

I could go on but what's the point. You are just posting nonsense that cannot be backed up with facts to suit your agenda.
Try looking for some balance.

But you were the one that was going on about record transfers,not me?

By the way,we NEVER paid no where near £45 million For Haller.We were paying in installments and got half the money back off Ajax.

Only West Ham owners to have appointed a PL (and Div 1) winning manager...Don't make me laugh,he had retired out in China and is passed his sell by date.

Only West Ham owners to massively reduce childrens ticket prices with 'kids for a quid'...WRONG..Quite a few other clubs do that too..We are not the only one's.

Got West Hamnjnto Europe...WRONG..Moyes got us into Europe,not them.

Been the highest net spenders, in relation to other clubs, of any West Ham owners...WRONG..Taking inflation into account,nowhere near.

Been the highest net spenders, in relation to other clubs, of any West Ham owners....So no other club has done that?

They have actually used Bobby Moore's name to make themselves money.CROOKS

JayK

Post by JayK »

Technically pardew got us into Europe before Moyes did, remember Palermo. Ok it was only 2 games and not in group stages but it was still Europe. That was before GSB
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

JayK wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:09 pm Technically pardew got us into Europe before Moyes did, remember Palermo. Ok it was only 2 games and not in group stages but it was still Europe. That was before GSB
Bit of a tasty away game that one 🙄