West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:51 pm
9898 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:24 pm Fabianski decent game.
Zouma good in a dominant, brainless sort of way.
Bowen all effort but always takes the wrong option.
Benrhama poor and lac k of effort.
Vlasic just appalling.
Soucek offers NOTHING if he doesn't score. Appalling on the ball.
Coufal seems to have lost the plot and last seasons headlines gone to his head.
Cresswell appalling defensively.

Man Unioted were far better, a level or two above us, but we could have got something but for Noble.
Coufal was our best player with Rice today.
What game were you watching?

Do agree that United are a class above us though.
I thought Zouma was MoM

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:43 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:29 pm

Being picky, it was last season. If you’d said this year you’d have got away with it. :(
You are right. West Brom wasn't it?
Can’t remember tbh, but I thought it might have been Sheffield United. All I can remember is it hit the post.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:04 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:20 pm
Not sure clay I don’t see rice as a natural penalty taker, if anyone maybe Bowen?
Still I can’t argue with moyes, nobles record is very good and the being warmed up didn’t effect his penalty, just a good save.
Fuck me it’s frustrating tho. I suppose we at least competed for 85min but really didn’t create much in the 2nd half.
You really belief we competed for 85 minutes ? , as much as I wish that was the case , I really thought we were fighting a losing battle with Benrahma and Soucek through the middle before the half time whistle blow and leaving the rest of the team battling to stay in it .
Yes we did compete. We troubled them as much as they troubled us just in a different way. There were periods that they were passing it around outside our box but they didn't really get much of a shot away and were running out of ideas. Both Fernandes and Ronaldo were getting pissed off.

Soucek was tired, not his best game....same way that Rice was poor v Palace and Antonio was v Soton. They are not robots and can't always play well.
Benrahma was doubtful for the game so I assume he was carrying a knock but he was not that bad and did score the goal, deflection or not.
Man Utd are a much more physical and big side than us and Zouma aside, they knocked us off the ball a lot but we broke well and made some chances.

I thought it was an entertaining game to be fair and we were not far away from a draw. Players miss pens, it happens (I am not going to slag him off) and Lingards goal was a superb strike. Sometimes you have to hold your hands up (especially Luke Shaw).

Pogba yet again looked like he didn't want to be there. Ive never seen him have a decent game live.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:44 pm The last 3 penalties we've been awarded have been spunked. By 3 different players.

The Jock twat needs to identify a player and get him practicing, be it Cresswell or whoever. We've relied on Nobes for too long.
Four of the last 5.....and we all know that practicing penalties makes little difference. They all practice them in training anyway as did all the England players that were slagged off for missing in the Euros. Players miss, it happens.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:16 pm Well the outcome didnt surprise me though i admit that coming so close to more and losing it in the 89th was a bit disappointed but hey ho...we get our revenge in the cup.

Now are we surprised he didnt play Kral?!Moyes record speaks for itself, I expect him to be on in the cup, one that many want to be taken seriously, and do you think any bar three in are squad are not worthy of a start.? ( worthy might be the wrong choice of word) Moyes is damned by some no matter what he does. If you think we are good enough to win the triple or quadruple then you expect too much , choose and dont shoot the manager if his choices dont concur with yours. . Mine are 6th plus in the league and the Europa cup. the moose cup comes way bottom.
Personally I hope he leaves the players he considers his starting eleven at home in London and fills up the bench with kids.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:22 pm
Castiron wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:43 pm
You are right. West Brom wasn't it?
Can’t remember tbh, but I thought it might have been Sheffield United. All I can remember is it hit the post.
Ignore that. Just come up on the box. West Brom it was.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:00 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:58 pm

Disagree easily our best penalty taker, his best is to the keepers right. Not sure I’d have fancied anyone else to take it.

Beaten by the failure to sign a fuckin striker
I would bet Cresswell would have pinned it accurately - as obvious as a nose on face
Sorry BD disagree again, noble has been our best penalty taker for ever, he scores it’s a moyes masterstoke, good save , shit result , draw may have been fair…..just very painful. Feel we are a decent striker or two away from being a proper top 4-6 contender. Have spent my life losing to very average Utd teams … today is par for the course.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

We lost today because we didn't have a alternative for Antonio....simple....Bowen hasn't scored or made am assist so why was he used as a striker today.,.we had two championship players today playing against Premiership players and it showed..and a 30+ left back who couldn't put in a decent cross

That's why we lost

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Just in
Thought the ref was fucking diabolical
They used their subs well ,far superior to our lot
Matched them well for most of the game
Theatrical cunts the Mancscum are falling about all over the fucking show
Pogba and Pretty boy the main culprits
Could and should have nicked a draw but shit happens
Didn’t give up and tried our best which is all I ask for