West Ham vs Rapid Vienna Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: West Ham vs Rapid Vienna Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Just watched highlights. Nice play for the 1st goal. Benny made his one look easy. Thought keeper coulda done better but was well beaten
COYI!!!

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

Towie wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:16 am Tbh didn’t need to get out of 2nd gear, comfortable win never looked like conceding.

Those Rapid fans a bit Rabid, don’t know if there trouble afterwards but there were a few blue lights heading to stadium after game.
I was there last night and I don't know about any trouble after the game, but during the match and for the most part, their fans were in good voice and generally having a good time, waving, jumping and singing/chanting in unison, with a few of our fans near the away end copying them with the waving, taking the piss a bit, so it seemed mainly in good spirits for what I could tell. Although I was sat in the East stand, so I'm not totally sure.

What I did see however, if you can call it any kind of trouble, is that a number of their fans were throwing the plastic glasses with beer in it into a section of the home crowd and maybe just a couple or a few West Ham fans were throwing beers back at them, so apart from that, that's all I saw.

Towie

Post by Towie »

hamstew wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:28 am
Towie wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:16 am Tbh didn’t need to get out of 2nd gear, comfortable win never looked like conceding.

Those Rapid fans a bit Rabid, don’t know if there trouble afterwards but there were a few blue lights heading to stadium after game.
I was there last night and I don't know about any trouble after the game, but during the match and for the most part, their fans were in good voice and generally having a good time, waving, jumping and singing/chanting in unison, with a few of our fans near the away end copying them with the waving, taking the piss a bit, so it seemed mainly in good spirits for what I could tell. Although I was sat in the East stand, so I'm not totally sure.

What I did see however, if you can call it any kind of trouble, is that a number of their fans were throwing the plastic glasses with beer in it into a section of the home crowd and maybe just a couple or a few West Ham fans were throwing beers back at them, so apart from that, that's all I saw.
Not sure where you sit mate, but when we scored first goal they tried to rush the home section in the corner.

That were throwing stuff all the way through game.
As said walking back there a few blue lights heading to stadium…
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

Towie wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:48 am
hamstew wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:28 am

Not sure where you sit mate, but when we scored first goal they tried to rush the home section in the corner.

That were throwing stuff all the way through game.
As said walking back there a few blue lights heading to stadium…
East stand, upper. To be honest I only took a few glimpses of the away section and just saw that and didn't notice much else, as mainly watching the game.

But fair enough, I'll take your word for it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A couple of planks up front orchestrating their muppets
About a hard as a fucking apple strudel.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I didn’t see the game but by most journo accounts including Jacob Steinberg , Vienna fans were having it with Old Bill long after the West Ham fans had fucked off home
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:23 am I didn’t see the game but by most journo accounts including Jacob Steinberg , Vienna fans were having it with Old Bill long after the West Ham fans had fucked off home
Just like their football team, a nasty sly bunch of weasling cunts. Hopefully they finish bottom of the group.

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:23 am I didn’t see the game but by most journo accounts including Jacob Steinberg , Vienna fans were having it with Old Bill long after the West Ham fans had fucked off home
Yep you are right. I heard quite a few got arrested

It was crazy in the ground and then they wanted to fight anything that moved plus while the light show was going on they were lobbing watercoolers into the home end and when Rice scored they did indeed try and storm into the West Stand corner section.

I sorted out my flights to Vienna a while back and given it is such a nice city especially in the winter I thought it would be quite a friendly club but I think we will need to be careful out there as they were desperate to start a bit of a ruck and given some of our away support can be a bit rowdy at times I sense an issue.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

My take away from last night was.
Declan - simply put best player on show. His awareness of positioning is 1st class, think he is the best one on one tackler in the prem, energy levels off the charts and has been allowed to roam forward more where he is potent in attack and starting to add goals. Will be a massive miss when he ultimately fucks off.

Bowen-is such a handful, not sure ive seen someone get through soo much work, endless energy, combines well , sets up chances , just needs to find his shooting boots but absolutely a starter for me everytime.

Pablo- turning into everyones favourite player. Oozes class, got a great touch, not afraid to do something different and most importantly genuinely seems to love it at WHU. We miss his creativity when not playing. He will also go onto big things for a top 4 club (& country)

Diop - has impressed and seems to have cut out some sloppiness, probably unlucky not be playing in 1st 11 but a nice problem to have.

Vlasic- as other have no doubt said, needs time to bed in, certainly being given the chance, a bit like Pablo when he 1st joined, im not quite sure what his role is. Hasn't as yet contributed in the creative role and not sure i see him as a DM. Again its good to have options and he hasn't played awful, just need to find his role.

Johnson- did ok, personally prefer him on the left rather than right. A lot of aimless balls up top tonight, which he didnt do when playing on left.

Others all did what they had too. was a little disappointed he put thomas on, he looks fuckin knackered.

Anyway what a night, another clean sheet and the feel good factor remains.

I suspect we will have a much tougher outing on sunday.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

I'm gonna give Bowen the benefit of the doubt for that miss last night since he ended up having to take the shot on his swinger rather than his left foot. That said, double weaker foot training for that lad this week! :D
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?