Andorra v England

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Andorra v England

Post by palerider »

An all bint refereeing team will be in place for the first time in an international for Saturday's game.

And quite right too.

It's about time there was equality and I sincerely hope the mid-half ironing breaks are long enough to get those difficult creases out. I would also like the half time break to be extended to half an hour as 15 minutes is clearly insufficient to post 250 'OMG'S' on social media.

It's the 21st century.

OZHAMMER

Re: Andorra v England

Post by OZHAMMER »

As long as they are there because they are the best / most suitably qualified personnel available, then I've got no problems with it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:14 am An all bint refereeing team will be in place for the first time in an international for Saturday's game.

And quite right too.

It's about time there was equality and I sincerely hope the mid-half ironing breaks are long enough to get those difficult creases out. I would also like the half time break to be extended to half an hour as 15 minutes is clearly insufficient to post 250 'OMG'S' on social media.

It's the 21st century.
Indeed.
And furthermore even on a 30 degree wash a normal load I'll take at least 30 minutes going through the different cycles.
I suggest a shortened version of 20 minutes each way, there's pheasant to be cooked and a crème brulé to be knocked up.
Lazy bastards!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:57 pm As long as they are there because they are the best / most suitably qualified personnel available, then I've got no problems with it.
Exactly right...and if not,tough titties

JayK

Post by JayK »

I’ll never forget seeing that Sian whatserface bird running the line at West Ham a couple of seasons ago. She was soooooo much better than the old useless cunt on the other line, they were (or shoulda been leagues apart).
So if they’re all as good as her, I have no problem.

I do dread to think how many complaints and sexual harassment cases we’d get if all the refs were or became birds though.
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

I dont know how good these birds will be and I have not heard of them but I agree with Jay that Sian Massey (or Sian Massey-Ellis as she is now) is actually one of the best Linos in the league. She gets far more correct than she gets wrong.

Personally I suspect it is because Sian Massey had to fight her way up through the leagues to become,e a Lino in a very male dominated world whereas I fear these birds are being allocated to tick a box much like everything else these days to appease people.

Sky are going mad for the WSL which is actually shit. They had a banner running all night last night saying that 24% of men claim they watch more women football because of their blanket coverage. They didnt mention it was because it is impossible to filter out.

And then there is black history month FFS. If we had a white history month we'd be called racists just like the Burnley fan who said 'White lives matter'. When are the Music Of White Origin (MOWO) awards ?

I read the novel Dune when I was a kid. They have made a remake of the movie and replaced a white guy with a beard (from the book and original movie) with a black woman just to tick 2 boxes FFS.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

palerider wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:14 am An all bint refereeing team will be in place for the first time in an international for Saturday's game.

And quite right too.

It's the 21st century.
As long as players does not keep looking at her tits :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:50 pm I dont know how good these birds will be and I have not heard of them but I agree with Jay that Sian Massey (or Sian Massey-Ellis as she is now) is actually one of the best Linos in the league. She gets far more correct than she gets wrong.

Personally I suspect it is because Sian Massey had to fight her way up through the leagues to become,e a Lino in a very male dominated world whereas I fear these birds are being allocated to tick a box much like everything else these days to appease people.

Sky are going mad for the WSL which is actually shit. They had a banner running all night last night saying that 24% of men claim they watch more women football because of their blanket coverage. They didnt mention it was because it is impossible to filter out.

And then there is black history month FFS. If we had a white history month we'd be called racists just like the Burnley fan who said 'White lives matter'. When are the Music Of White Origin (MOWO) awards ?

I read the novel Dune when I was a kid. They have made a remake of the movie and replaced a white guy with a beard (from the book and original movie) with a black woman just to tick 2 boxes FFS.
Absolutely right!!

And with regards Dune - if she’s a rug munching cripple then that’s another 2 boxes ticked. I won’t be watching, like I don’t watch bird football.

And they’re still harping on about the next James Bond should be a bird too. I never met a bird called James before. Fuckin wrong’uns.

Waiting til they decide The next shaft should be a white bird
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

JayK wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:18 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:50 pm I dont know how good these birds will be and I have not heard of them but I agree with Jay that Sian Massey (or Sian Massey-Ellis as she is now) is actually one of the best Linos in the league. She gets far more correct than she gets wrong.

Absolutely right!!

And with regards Dune - if she’s a rug munching cripple then that’s another 2 boxes ticked. I won’t be watching, like I don’t watch bird football.

And they’re still harping on about the next James Bond should be a bird too. I never met a bird called James before. Fuckin wrong’uns.

I still cant believe that Dr Who was a white woman. They only ticked one box there.

Shaft will be a challenge. How to make a white woman in a wheelchair look like a 70s pimp !!

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:21 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:18 pm

Absolutely right!!

I still cant believe that Dr Who was a white woman. They only ticked one box there.

Shaft will be a challenge. How to make a white woman in a wheelchair look like a 70s pimp !!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And yeah, that Dr who bird was a flop weren’t it. If they wanted to keep it real they shoulda had an Indian or Pakistani play it
COYI!!!