Rice

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: So, Rice.....

Post by 9898 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:42 am
9898 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:44 pm
I see you have no reasoned, well thought out debate, just immature, lorry driveresque comments that add nothing to a well reasoned original post.
I see you’ve identified the problem just maybe a little bit misguided with your reasoning .

In fact Geo hit the nail on the head in one of his offerings the other day , and I agree .

That is , Declan’s new role IS having an impact on the team .

That impact being on Mr Soucek’s effectiveness in the attacking third . I should I say lack of it .

Now the reason for this sudden switch in tactics may well be a Manky Scots Git brainstorm in an attempt to counteract the fact that the rest of the Premier League may have sussed us out .
If so it doesn’t appear to be working , Soucek appearing to either be very tired or very disinterested.

The other possibility is that Rice has given it the old “ play me there or I’m off” ultimatum and Moyes hasn’t got the balls to show him who’s boss .

Either way my opinion is that it’s wrong to fix what ain’t broke , especially against the Palace’s and Brentford’s of this world , and the tried and trusted should be re-implemented this coming weekend .

I know you don’t rate Soucek anyway but I’d rather he be the “very poor” footballer he was last season .

Anyway that’s how I see it .
Look, people will realise more and more that Soucek is an Eastern European donkey. Last season he caught people unaware with his aerial ability. Look back and see he offered NOTHING else. Now teams are not surprised and stop him easily. Rice has not impacted Souceks form and he is just being exposed for what he is.

The area exposed by Rice is the defence.
Last season Rice played like a third CH, most of the game, but with the impact of 2 players.
Now he has decided to use West Ham as a showroom for how he is able to be an all round midfielder, Soucek is left to hold a lot of the time. Seeing a 6'4" carthorse trundle around the defensive third 3 yards behind the opposition was not unexpected.
The problem is the defence is being shown for what they are, now they are not being protected by Rice.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:55 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:42 am

I see you’ve identified the problem just maybe a little bit misguided with your reasoning .

In fact Geo hit the nail on the head in one of his offerings the other day , and I agree .

That is , Declan’s new role IS having an impact on the team .

That impact being on Mr Soucek’s effectiveness in the attacking third . I should I say lack of it .

Now the reason for this sudden switch in tactics may well be a Manky Scots Git brainstorm in an attempt to counteract the fact that the rest of the Premier League may have sussed us out .
If so it doesn’t appear to be working , Soucek appearing to either be very tired or very disinterested.

The other possibility is that Rice has given it the old “ play me there or I’m off” ultimatum and Moyes hasn’t got the balls to show him who’s boss .

Either way my opinion is that it’s wrong to fix what ain’t broke , especially against the Palace’s and Brentford’s of this world , and the tried and trusted should be re-implemented this coming weekend .

I know you don’t rate Soucek anyway but I’d rather he be the “very poor” footballer he was last season .

Anyway that’s how I see it .
Look, people will realise more and more that Soucek is an Eastern European donkey. Last season he caught people unaware with his aerial ability. Look back and see he offered NOTHING else. Now teams are not surprised and stop him easily. Rice has not impacted Souceks form and he is just being exposed for what he is.

Last season Rice played like a third CH, most of the game, but with the impact of 2 players.
Now he has decided to use West Ham as a showroom for how he is able to be an all round midfielder, Soucek is left to hold a lot of the time. Seeing a 6'4" carthorse trundle around the defensive third 3 yards behind the opposition was not unexpected.
The problem is the defence is being shown for what they are, now they are not being protected by Rice.
Can’t argue with much of that .

Except your opinion of Soucek of course .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:00 am As long as people keep responding the troll fuckwit will keep posting....
Try telling that to Terry. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:04 pm
Rick_Deckard wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:00 am As long as people keep responding the troll fuckwit will keep posting....
Awww don’t ruin the Bromance Whisk.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:51 pm
9898 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:55 am

Can’t argue with much of that .

Except your opinion of Soucek of course .
I agree with you Newmarket. I believe once Rice is sold next year, Soucek will be a better player and maybe score more goals.(as he will not be hindered in getting forward as much)
I believe that Moyes has given Rice the mandate to attack more and get goals thus meaning Soucek has to stay back.
I'll wait to give my decision on this until the end of the season when we will know what we have or have not achieved.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:35 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:04 pm

F*ck off you prick!

Towie

Post by Towie »

True, but it nice to have someone to play with.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:54 pm

F*ck off you prick!
That's what the Crown Prince said to Amanda,when she said...your making quite the news in Newcastle your Highness...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:54 pm

F*ck off you prick!
Wow an exclamation mark,you really meant that
:lol: :lol:

jameskel

Post by jameskel »