West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:24 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:37 am

Losing the plot mate. I meant Nevin. Fuck knows why I put Impey. Terrible thing Alzheimer's.

Now can you tell me if I've had breakfast ?
That suggests to me, that DM is not persuaded or influenced by opinion of his backroom staff. Because it is unlikely that 'they' share his approval, of
using the same small pool of players in team selections.

It would make practical sense to make minor playing staff adjustments when fixture compression dictates. Ben Johnson,Alex Kral and one of the promising centre backs would hardly compromise much and might have dual benefits. Both in terms of their own progressions and in helping the current collective.

Whereas calling for Arthur Masuaku,Andriy Yarmolenko is the type of substitution, that would be seen as as last resorts by most of us.

Which leads to the conclusion, that bringing in two new players this transfer window, is probably not a high priority by the people it should be.
Why do you think Moyes isn't influenced or persuaded by others on the coaching team, ? I have no idea what, if any, their input is but surely if they have none we may as well get them off the payroll. Any YTS kid can put the cones out FFS. And if they aren't listened to surely professional pride would lead them to think "fuck this, I'm off somewhere where my input is appreciated".

As for the substitutions, whilst I agree with you about Masuaku, which I felt was totally irrational I could see the point of bringing Yarmolenko on, although I would not have removed Fornals to make way for him.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:18 am
He makes a fair point with regards Leeds have 2 games to catch up on where we only had one but we had to play ours. That’s a bit shitty.
But Whiskey makes a good point in the fact we have a squad so could’ve rotated a few players for one of the last 3 games at least.
And we always always always use the same shitcunt subs ffs
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:54 am

dont think it was complacency Tass, it was just one of those games where we weren't at from the start. Leeds out passed us, out ran us and generally did a job of nulifying our normal plays and combinations. No one takes much credit, other than we dont lie down when behind and very nearly stole a draw at the end.

I seem recall not that long ago people saying as long as its an entertaining game they dont care about the result! Different now we are competing at the other end of the table tho. Different pressures trying to keep up with the big boys.

Its stick or twist for the owners now, we have put ourselves in an unbelievable position but without reinforcements i suspect we will fade like last season. 6th would still be a very good season (albeit a chance missed imo).
Gave it a like BLC, agree with most but the complacency is there right at the start as you point out yourself. We get caught a few times now chasing games where if we're serious about where we want to be we shouldn't have to. They have to treat every game the same and be switched on from the first whistle. We shouldn't be trying to nick draws at home against teams in the bottom half anymore, we're supposed to be massive :) :)
Completely agree about the complacency theory. We were better towards the end when we realised we had to pull our collective fingers out which tends to work against the tiredness theory. I did say on the match thread early doors that there appeared to be a bit of the "we've only got to turn up" mentality, which tbh I thought also showed itself against Norwich but we got away with it because they were so poor..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:09 am
Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:18 am
He makes a fair point with regards Leeds have 2 games to catch up on where we only had one but we had to play ours. That’s a bit shitty.
But Whiskey makes a good point in the fact we have a squad so could’ve rotated a few players for one of the last 3 games at least.
That is beginning to get on my tits as well. Bringing Yarmolenko on made sense but Masuaku for Vlasic ? I know Vlasic didn't have his best game (who did ?) but I fail to see how what Masuaku brings to the table increases our goal threat which, presumably, was the idea at that stage of the game.

And, as we've all said, we KNEW the fixtures were there to be played and could, had we chosen to, have rotated the squad. Particularly for the cup game which, imo, was an opportunity to keep everyone fresh for the more important games missed.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 am

That is beginning to get on my tits as well. Bringing Yarmolenko on made sense but Masuaku for Vlasic ? I know Vlasic didn't have his best game (who did ?) but I fail to see how what Masuaku brings to the table increases our goal threat which, presumably, was the idea at that stage of the game.

And, as we've all said, we KNEW the fixtures were there to be played and could, had we chosen to, have rotated the squad. Particularly for the cup game which, imo, was an opportunity to keep everyone fresh for the more important games missed.
What pisses me off is that the rescheduling of the Norwich game is the ONLY excuse he offered up and let’s face it , he was whinging about that LAST weekend .
It’s not just his in-game management which is at times inexplicable but the clubs failure to provide a subs bench worth employing that grates .
Whether that’s down to Moyes , and I’m inclined to believe it’s him dithering rather than Sullivan’s long pockets , or not remains to be discovered .

Ok Leeds were short of options too but fortune favours the brave eh ?
And unless we get an early lead next weekend I can see the usual Moyes Old Trafford tactics rearing their ugly head once again.
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:45 am

What pisses me off is that the rescheduling of the Norwich game is the ONLY excuse he offered up and let’s face it , he was whinging about that LAST weekend .
It’s not just his in-game management which is at times inexplicable but the clubs failure to provide a subs bench worth employing that grates .
Whether that’s down to Moyes , and I’m inclined to believe it’s him dithering rather than Sullivan’s long pockets , or not remains to be discovered .

And unless we get an early lead next weekend I can see the usual Moyes Old Trafford tactics rearing their ugly head once again.
We’ll be better next weekend coz we’ll be able to play our favoured tactics of sitting back and hitting hard on the break. Don’t ask us to try break lower table teams down though.

And he had no excuse. Said we were poor and we were. I don’t like excuses for the sake of them
Last edited by JayK on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

All correct
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:07 am
Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:45 am

We’ll be better next weekend coz we’ll be able to play our favoured tactics of sitting back and hitting hard on the break. Don’t ask us to try break lower table teams down though.

And he had no excuse. Said we were poor and we were. I don’t like excuses for the sake of them
But your not going to get a better opportunity to sit back and punish a team on the break than against a hung ho Bielsa team Jay ?
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I don't think it was compliancy.

I got chatting to a conditioning coach and he said that Footballers are so finely tuned.If they are just a couple of percent under what they need to be,it can make so much difference. It's not just a physical,it's a mental thing that causes fatigue.The mind can get tired and maybe not has alert has it usually is.

Bielsa does like to press and he did it very well last season and he did it well again yesterday.It suited them against a tired weary same West Ham XI and they truly deserved the victory.

Like one or two posters said,we need a couple more in through the door,otherwise this season is going to end up in tatters,because we are knackered.

I remember a very good Ipswich side back in 1981..Thjey should have pissed the League,but they ended up getting heavily involved in loads of other completions,especially the FA and UEFA Cup and it cost them.

Villa,who went on to win the League,only had that to concentrate on.I know it's not the same,but back in the day,they played the same XI and the congested fixture list stop them being deserved Champions in my opinion.

Will the owners do us a favour and get the signings Moyes needs this window PLEASE.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:20 am I don't think it was compliancy.

I got chatting to a conditioning coach and he said that Footballers are so finely tuned.If they are just a couple of percent under what they need to be,it can make so much difference. It's not just a physical,it's a mental thing that causes fatigue.The mind can get tired and maybe not has alert has it usually is.

Bielsa does like to press and he did it very well last season and he did it well again yesterday.It suited them against a tired weary same West Ham XI and they truly deserved the victory.

Like one or two posters said,we need a couple more in through the door,otherwise this season is going to end up in tatters,because we are knackered.

I remember a very good Ipswich side back in 1981..Thjey should have pissed the League,but they ended up getting heavily involved in loads of other completions,especially the FA and UEFA Cup and it cost them.

Villa,who went on to win the League,only had that to concentrate on.I know it's not the same,but back in the day,they played the same XI and the congested fixture list stop them being deserved Champions in my opinion.

Will the owners do us a favour and get the signings Moyes needs this window PLEASE.
You truly believe it’s down to the owners ?
Bring back Jonathon !