West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Post by Dagger »

only reason im pissed off is we are so close to the jam pot and losing a game we should have drawn and could have won hurts

BUT its all because of Moyes and the back room staff so I'm not going to state the obvious that's going through my brain at the moment as its only there because we have done and are doping so well, I'm stepping back counting to ten and think fucking hell ant we done well to get in a position we start thinking like the top six sides supporters wankers that they

I'm a Hammer and as annoyed as i feel at the moment i cant understand why as i should be very happy

on wards and upwards lets beat the Mancs and lets hope the cheating wankers at arsenal get the comeuppance covid my arse

WHU fuck the rest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:28 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:20 am I don't think it was compliancy.

I got chatting to a conditioning coach and he said that Footballers are so finely tuned.If they are just a couple of percent under what they need to be,it can make so much difference. It's not just a physical,it's a mental thing that causes fatigue.The mind can get tired and maybe not has alert has it usually is.

Bielsa does like to press and he did it very well last season and he did it well again yesterday.It suited them against a tired weary same West Ham XI and they truly deserved the victory.

Like one or two posters said,we need a couple more in through the door,otherwise this season is going to end up in tatters,because we are knackered.

I remember a very good Ipswich side back in 1981..Thjey should have pissed the League,but they ended up getting heavily involved in loads of other completions,especially the FA and UEFA Cup and it cost them.

Villa,who went on to win the League,only had that to concentrate on.I know it's not the same,but back in the day,they played the same XI and the congested fixture list stop them being deserved Champions in my opinion.

Will the owners do us a favour and get the signings Moyes needs this window PLEASE.
You truly believe it’s down to the owners ?
Nobody knows for sure Tim,but if he wants to buy someone half decent and wants to pay the value,will they back him?

I am off to do a day's labour. ;)

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I dont think you can really put this loss down to the owners. OK might help if we had replacements already in place, especially in defence. And maybe Sullivan not starting out with insulting offers. No this one is solely down to Moyes and his inability to rotate the squad. he knew all about the rearranged game before he even played it but continued in the game with the same team as previous, and in that game he could have also rested some.

Lesson to learn , dont gamble on wishes, his words about do we really need a striker are now back firing on him . How many years have we been requiring a back up striker, how many we got in during that period. He gambled on signing Lingard on a permanent and it never happened, I think he is now hoping to sign him in summer when his contract expires. So it makes me wonder just how hard is he looking for one, is hehappy with a false number 9
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:54 am

dont think it was complacency Tass, it was just one of those games where we weren't at from the start. Leeds out passed us, out ran us and generally did a job of nulifying our normal plays and combinations. No one takes much credit, other than we dont lie down when behind and very nearly stole a draw at the end.

I seem recall not that long ago people saying as long as its an entertaining game they dont care about the result! Different now we are competing at the other end of the table tho. Different pressures trying to keep up with the big boys.

Its stick or twist for the owners now, we have put ourselves in an unbelievable position but without reinforcements i suspect we will fade like last season. 6th would still be a very good season (albeit a chance missed imo).
Gave it a like BLC, agree with most but the complacency is there right at the start as you point out yourself. We get caught a few times now chasing games where if we're serious about where we want to be we shouldn't have to. They have to treat every game the same and be switched on from the first whistle. We shouldn't be trying to nick draws at home against teams in the bottom half anymore, we're supposed to be massive :) :)
we are currently slightly large tass......which is an improvement on to big to go down i suppose.
massive may be overated :)

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Still can't believe Bowen missed that at the end 😫

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Castiron wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:50 pm Still can't believe Bowen missed that at the end 😫
And what about the performance for the ninety minutes , if that had been better all round we wouldn't of needed Bowen to score at the end to get a undeserved draw or am I being a tad finicky ? .

Post by 9898 »

Castiron wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:50 pm Still can't believe Bowen missed that at the end 😫
I can. His finishing is horrendous, much like his passing.

His stats for the game. Ouch.
Assists
Total shots
Accurate passes
Pass success
59%
Shot accuracy
20%
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I thought that we were rather flat as a team and slow out of the blocks.

Antonio had an off day, as did many of the team to be honest. Even though he scored, I thought Bowen was also off the pace. Vlasic was poor, as was Yarmolenko when he came on. We lost the game due to poor defending and unforced areas. :evil: :x
Flairon

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Flairon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:54 pm I thought that we were rather flat as a team and slow out of the blocks.

Antonio had an off day, as did many of the team to be honest. Even though he scored, I thought Bowen was also off the pace. Vlasic was poor, as was Yarmolenko when he came on. We lost the game due to poor defending and unforced areas. :evil: :x
We didn't loose due to poor team management then ? . Antonio had a off day , think he has had a few of those of late , Bowen runs himself into the ground in every match he plays , we can't expect him to continue like it forever . As for Vlasic he is not a winger what he is is a AM playing out of position . Yarmolenko is not good enough like Masuaku to play in a team vying for silverware or progression in the league .
The problem lays in the hands of the management and or owners , lack of decisiveness in finding players good enough to compete in this league or is it the lack of investment . Just how long have we needed a LB and a Striker , what about another Winger , we have a CM who was brought in yet he doesn't get a look in ( why are we even paying his wages ? ) . Poor defending and unforced areas don't do it for me , as the defence in my eyes have looked a lot better with Areola in goal .

h69

Post by h69 »

It happens. Cant score them all and can't win them all. I am happy with the progress so far. Usual meltdown has started but I am used to that these days