A little tribute.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

A little tribute.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Rarely do you meet someone in life that you can call a true friend, people come and go, but the true lifelong mates stick around no matter what. They see you at your best and are there for you when things are at there worst, they never ask for anything in return, they're just there.
I lost my best mate over the weekend.
A mate I met through our club nearly 40 years ago, just by chance standing in the North bank at Upton Park.
I can't begin to tell the distances we've travelled since then, the laughs we've had, the scrapes we've gotten in to, and the memories we shared following West Ham. Like so many fans this club like others brings people together to share that bond. Some come and go, but the real one's remain.
I can't begin to express the sadness I feel right now, the sense of loss is huge.
He never came on here or wrote anything, but looked in now and again, it just simply wasn't his way. He loved West Ham and like so many of us had an unwavering support for our beloved club.
He probably wouldn't have wanted me to write this, no fan fare, no spiel etc, but it's something I felt I wanted to do, to pay tribute to a dear mate.

I will miss you my dear friend, thanks for everything.

R.I.P Frank.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Re: A little tribute.

Post by terrya1965 »

It's funny you saying this,a mate that went with me in the late 70s and 80s is very Ill at the moment..Just hope he comes through it..Have some great memories with him,so hope he pulls through 🙏

RIP Frank.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:34 pm It's funny you saying this,a mate that went with me in the late 70s and 80s is very Ill at the moment..Just hope he comes through it..Have some great memories with him,so hope he pulls through 🙏

RIP Frank.
Cheers Tel.
Hope he pulls through.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:37 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:34 pm It's funny you saying this,a mate that went with me in the late 70s and 80s is very Ill at the moment..Just hope he comes through it..Have some great memories with him,so hope he pulls through 🙏

RIP Frank.
Cheers Tel.
Hope he pulls through.
Cheers BB.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:24 pm Rarely do you meet someone in life that you can call a true friend, people come and go, but the true lifelong mates stick around no matter what. They see you at your best and are there for you when things are at there worst, they never ask for anything in return, they're just there.
I lost my best mate over the weekend.
A mate I met through our club nearly 40 years ago, just by chance standing in the North bank at Upton Park.
I can't begin to tell the distances we've travelled since then, the laughs we've had, the scrapes we've gotten in to, and the memories we shared following West Ham. Like so many fans this club like others brings people together to share that bond. Some come and go, but the real one's remain.
I can't begin to express the sadness I feel right now, the sense of loss is huge.
He never came on here or wrote anything, but looked in now and again, it just simply wasn't his way. He loved West Ham and like so many of us had an unwavering support for our beloved club.
He probably wouldn't have wanted me to write this, no fan fare, no spiel etc, but it's something I felt I wanted to do, to pay tribute to a dear mate.

I will miss you my dear friend, thanks for everything.

R.I.P Frank.
Sorry to hear that BB mate. You can’t choose your family but you choose your friends. 40 years proves you both chose pretty damn well. Remember the good times mate.

R.I.P Frank

Ps. Tel, hope your mate pulls through too
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

Sorry for your loss BB, I’m sure he’ll still be watching the games from above mate.

RIP Frank
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Very sad news BB

It's hard to loose friends, even harder when they're real friends who have passed the passage of time with you through thick and thin.

You speak very highly of him as a friend. .. and I'm sure he thought the same about having a friend like you.....

RIP Frank

palerider

Post by palerider »

Through life you acquire many acquaintances. Some you get to call something a bit closer, but true friends most of us can count on your fingers.

Very sorry to hear mon ami.

RIP Frank.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Thanks for all the kind words and likes chaps.
Very much appreciated.

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

Sorry to hear that sad news BB,
R.I.P Hammer Frank ⚒