You know it makes sense.

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 5673
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 110
x 374

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:37 am
eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:24 am Maybe, just maybe Rice is a man of principles and money isn't his God or the rush to acquire it. I think we and the rest of the world world know what he wants, and if we are all honest enough he won't be finding it here, not even within the time frame offered in the contract.

Whilst he might be losing extra money, by not signing he is sending out a message. Come and get me! He could resort to the DeFoe method to force the issue, another method to force a sale, but that is not in DCs DNA, and it comes with pitfalls.

We often complain about footballers and their lack of principles when it comes to money. Now we found someone who has them we find it hard to believe.

Again, why did Sullivan even find the need to make public the terms of the new contract offer. Would it not have been sufficient enough to say that he had again turned down a revised contract, not that it needed to be aired at all, especially at this time.

You would have a hard job trying to convince me it is not another of Sullivan's Shananigans
Again I get your point Joe. But I don't see what advantage the board would have by making the details of the offer public. That said the information has become common knowledge so obviously the speculation around his future will increase. We all, including the board, know Rice isn't going to be at West Ham forever, and we also know there are a very limited number of clubs who could afford him and satisfy his personal ambitions.

Tbh I can still imagine a scenario where Chelsea, once the ink has dried on the transfer of ownership contracts, testing the water with a big offer for his services. A sort of statement of intent by the new ownership if you get my drift.
No real advantage money wise tbh, but with his track record it will make him feel better when he sells him in summer, which I believe is his intent, to be able to say he tried. Sullivan also has room to manoeuvre with the time left on DCs existing contract so any statements about DCs sale price won't waver. Not that I think he will go for that,the season after next will be a different story if he's still here

Hope he does go to Chelski,( can we call them that now?!) Don't want him to end up at manure, they think they already got him.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 13566
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 724
x 1991

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:44 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:37 am

Again I get your point Joe. But I don't see what advantage the board would have by making the details of the offer public. That said the information has become common knowledge so obviously the speculation around his future will increase. We all, including the board, know Rice isn't going to be at West Ham forever, and we also know there are a very limited number of clubs who could afford him and satisfy his personal ambitions.

Tbh I can still imagine a scenario where Chelsea, once the ink has dried on the transfer of ownership contracts, testing the water with a big offer for his services. A sort of statement of intent by the new ownership if you get my drift.
No real advantage money wise tbh, but with his track record it will make him feel better when he sells him in summer, which I believe is his intent, to be able to say he tried. Sullivan also has room to manoeuvre with the time left on DCs existing contract so any statements about DCs sale price won't waver. Not that I think he will go for that,the season after next will be a different story if he's still here

Hope he does go to Chelski,( can we call them that now?!) Don't want him to end up at manure, they think they already got him.
I hope he goes to City. He's snubbed Manure apparently and the Chelsea move would be dependent on Todd Boehly's intentions. He won't treat them as an expensive toy like Roman did.

I very much doubt City will spend big again this summer after signing Haaland so we have him for another season.

And another reason I'd like him to go there is that with him they'll wipe the floor with the whinging victim scum.
You ain't seen me............roight ?

User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 5673
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 110
x 374

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:34 am
eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:44 am

No real advantage money wise tbh, but with his track record it will make him feel better when he sells him in summer, which I believe is his intent, to be able to say he tried. Sullivan also has room to manoeuvre with the time left on DCs existing contract so any statements about DCs sale price won't waver. Not that I think he will go for that,the season after next will be a different story if he's still here

Hope he does go to Chelski,( can we call them that now?!) Don't want him to end up at manure, they think they already got him.
I hope he goes to City. He's snubbed Manure apparently and the Chelsea move would be dependent on Todd Boehly's intentions. He won't treat them as an expensive toy like Roman did.

I very much doubt City will spend big again this summer after signing Haaland so we have him for another season.

And another reason I'd like him to go there is that with him they'll wipe the floor with the whinging victim scum.
Haaland was the only reason I opted for Chelsea, for the same reason of City's spend. Manure and Chelsea I don't particularly like but the latter is the lesser of two evils. Dread the thought Spuds would bid for him and Rice accepts
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 13566
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Huish Episcopi
x 724
x 1991

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:54 am
palerider wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:34 am

I hope he goes to City. He's snubbed Manure apparently and the Chelsea move would be dependent on Todd Boehly's intentions. He won't treat them as an expensive toy like Roman did.

I very much doubt City will spend big again this summer after signing Haaland so we have him for another season.

And another reason I'd like him to go there is that with him they'll wipe the floor with the whinging victim scum.
Haaland was the only reason I opted for Chelsea, for the same reason of City's spend. Manure and Chelsea I don't particularly like but the latter is the lesser of two evils. Dread the thought Spuds would bid for him and Rice accepts
Despite their wealth I like City. Always have, even when they didn't have a pot to piss in.
You ain't seen me............roight ?

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 9338
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 1186
x 1884

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:38 am
eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:54 am

Haaland was the only reason I opted for Chelsea, for the same reason of City's spend. Manure and Chelsea I don't particularly like but the latter is the lesser of two evils. Dread the thought Spuds would bid for him and Rice accepts
Despite their wealth I like City. Always have, even when they didn't have a pot to piss in.
Agreed.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 16033
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 322
x 1494

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:44 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:37 am

Again I get your point Joe. But I don't see what advantage the board would have by making the details of the offer public. That said the information has become common knowledge so obviously the speculation around his future will increase. We all, including the board, know Rice isn't going to be at West Ham forever, and we also know there are a very limited number of clubs who could afford him and satisfy his personal ambitions.

Tbh I can still imagine a scenario where Chelsea, once the ink has dried on the transfer of ownership contracts, testing the water with a big offer for his services. A sort of statement of intent by the new ownership if you get my drift.
No real advantage money wise tbh, but with his track record it will make him feel better when he sells him in summer, which I believe is his intent, to be able to say he tried. Sullivan also has room to manoeuvre with the time left on DCs existing contract so any statements about DCs sale price won't waver. Not that I think he will go for that,the season after next will be a different story if he's still here

Hope he does go to Chelski,( can we call them that now?!) Don't want him to end up at manure, they think they already got him.
I think he would be very foolish to go to Man United at the present time. As I've said elsewhere it wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea's new ownership made a statement of intent by making an offer. And given our apparent interest in Broja and Pulisic----doesn't take too much working out does it. ;)

Personally I think he'd be a very good fit at Manchester City as a replacement for Fernandinho, and by going there MAJOR trophies would be pretty much guaranteed . With Chelsea he might pick up an F A Cup medal or two but , although imo they are comfortably better than the rest of the mere mortals in the PL, they have a lot of catching up to do on City and Liverpool.

But had it not been for Barcelona's current financial position a career in Catalonia could have been an attractive proposition for him..
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 8572
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm
x 1635
x 1395

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:50 am
eskimo joe wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:44 am

No real advantage money wise tbh, but with his track record it will make him feel better when he sells him in summer, which I believe is his intent, to be able to say he tried. Sullivan also has room to manoeuvre with the time left on DCs existing contract so any statements about DCs sale price won't waver. Not that I think he will go for that,the season after next will be a different story if he's still here

Hope he does go to Chelski,( can we call them that now?!) Don't want him to end up at manure, they think they already got him.
I think he would be very foolish to go to Man United at the present time. As I've said elsewhere it wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea's new ownership made a statement of intent by making an offer. And given our apparent interest in Broja and Pulisic----doesn't take too much working out does it. ;)

Personally I think he'd be a very good fit at Manchester City as a replacement for Fernandinho, and by going there MAJOR trophies would be pretty much guaranteed . With Chelsea he might pick up an F A Cup medal or two but , although imo they are comfortably better than the rest of the mere mortals in the PL, they have a lot of catching up to do on City and Liverpool.

But had it not been for Barcelona's current financial position a career in Catalonia could have been an attractive proposition for him..
I hope he stays but we will learn more if West Ham make an approach for relegated Kalvin Phillips. No where near the quality of Declan but half the price for half the player.

Professionally he (DC) should go to Manchester but I think he wants to stay in London; near Mason. The fee would be interesting as West Ham think he is worth £150M.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 16033
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 322
x 1494

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:10 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:50 am

I think he would be very foolish to go to Man United at the present time. As I've said elsewhere it wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea's new ownership made a statement of intent by making an offer. And given our apparent interest in Broja and Pulisic----doesn't take too much working out does it. ;)

Personally I think he'd be a very good fit at Manchester City as a replacement for Fernandinho, and by going there MAJOR trophies would be pretty much guaranteed . With Chelsea he might pick up an F A Cup medal or two but , although imo they are comfortably better than the rest of the mere mortals in the PL, they have a lot of catching up to do on City and Liverpool.

But had it not been for Barcelona's current financial position a career in Catalonia could have been an attractive proposition for him..
I hope he stays but we will learn more if West Ham make an approach for relegated Kalvin Phillips. No where near the quality of Declan but half the price for half the player.

Professionally he (DC) should go to Manchester but I think he wants to stay in London; near Mason. The fee would be interesting as West Ham think he is worth £150M.
Let's be honest if he stays in England there are only 3 clubs able to afford to come close to the £150 million being quoted. And Man United are as far behind Chelsea as Chelsea are behind Man City.
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
JayK
Posts: 10916
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:12 am
Location: Essex
x 6414
x 1274

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by JayK »

Why do you guys keep calling him DC? It’s DR 😂
COYI!!!

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 9338
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 1186
x 1884

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:23 pm Why do you guys keep calling him DC? It’s DR 😂

Is it because he has relatives in Washington?
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Post Reply