Farewell Mr West Ham Noble

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Farewell Mr West Ham Noble

Post by JayK »

I find it hilarious how everyone keeps biting on the trolls carrots all the time. You’re the very reason he keeps coming back
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:03 pm I find it hilarious how everyone keeps biting on the trolls carrots all the time. You’re the very reason he keeps coming back
I think that Mark Noble will be the first to admit he wasn’t the greatest player in the world , far from it , or even near being the greatest player West Ham ever had but what he did have is commitment and a sleeves rolled up never say die attitude .
Of course you can say that also about George Parris and Peter Butler but ,Noble has given 26 years of his life to West Ham .
I reckon that gives him his legendary status and rightly so.
Whether he ever deserved full international recognition is always a matter of debate but when players such as Jake Livermore (for example) got picked ahead of him at his peak then you have to ask the question why ?

And Clayton was kind of right in his contribution above ….
Noble’s looked outpaced and outclassed the last couple of years really but credit to Moyes for recognising that , at least THIS season anyway , I’m sure Noble didn’t need telling and probably played a part in that decision himself .

He’ll be a good ambassador for the club in whatever role lies ahead for him and I wish him luck as he’ll need it working for that Shortarsed Cunt and his all but dead mate .

Remember . This club ain’t run like a circus anymore .
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:46 pm
JayK wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:03 pm I find it hilarious how everyone keeps biting on the trolls carrots all the time. You’re the very reason he keeps coming back
I think that Mark Noble will be the first to admit he wasn’t the greatest player in the world , far from it , or even near being the greatest player West Ham ever had but what he did have is commitment and a sleeves rolled up never say die attitude .
Of course you can say that also about George Parris and Peter Butler but ,Noble has given 26 years of his life to West Ham .
Whether he ever deserved full international recognition is always a matter of debate but when players such as Jake Livermore (for example) got picked ahead of him at his peak then you have to ask the question why ?

Noble’s looked outpaced and outclassed the last couple of years really but credit to Moyes for recognising that , at least THIS season anyway , I’m sure Noble didn’t need telling and probably played a part in that decision himself .

He’ll be a good ambassador for the club in whatever role lies ahead for him and I wish him luck as he’ll need it working for that Shortarsed Cunt and his all but dead mate .

That's one of them you mentioned in the last line. The easiest one to remember.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Post by 9898 »

Simple question: is it loyalty to stay if you have no other options?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:11 pm

You don’t know whether he had other options or not so it’s a moot point .
So stop banging on about it .
I’m not his greatest fan but I ain’t for slagging the man off right now .
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

We are being good Samaritans,
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I watched quite a few videos last night..Did have a lump to the throat
and a tear to the eye.
If Mark had a bit more pace,he may have been a regular for England.His not one of our greatest players,by all means,but one thing I'd say,his up.there with being one of our best captains and we have had a few good one's.

He is numero uno has a person.A top professional and also a wonderful human being.

Jessie Lingard came down to us for 4 months and he said he learnt more has a person in that time,than he did at the biggest club in England,that he spent two thirds of his life at.

That was mostly down to Nobes.He had his headphones on,on his first day.Mark said to him,"We don't do that here,we all mix and have a chat,interact and play games".

All the best whatever you do mate.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Mon May 16, 2022 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayK

Post by JayK »

You’re 100% right mate. He shoulda had some caps in the 15/16 Payet season. You could say Payet made him look good but his passing was top class imo that season. I also remember Noble saying his legs can’t do 2 games a week anymore and I’m pretty sure that was Bilic’ last season, so he knew his limits.

Not sure what any of that has to do with people biting the trolls carrot though. Was a generic statement, not just for this thread
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:19 pm
We are being good Samaritans,
Dunno why ya bother mate
COYI!!!

Post by 9898 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:15 pm
9898 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:11 pm

You don’t know whether he had other options or not so it’s a moot point .
So stop banging on about it .
I’m not his greatest fan but I ain’t for slagging the man off right now .
Mate. He made millions being an ordinary footballer.
The last few years he aligned himself with Sullivan to gain an extra couple of years as a PR player and a job after football.
No problem at all with the above but this PR led sainthood campaign is f-ing ridiculous.
Now we've even got normal blokes saying they watch videos of him and nearly start crying. Jesus Christ.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."