Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by Clayton »

Going to be very interesting to see where Moyes has Cornet playing , as an attacker on the left , a LWB or as a LB , or possibly as a forward aka the next Antonio :roll: or sitting on the bench .

palerider

Post by palerider »

We still need a left back, even one on loan with an option.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Not impressed with how the transfer budget has been spent , ok we signed Areola on a permanent, but will he even get to start . We needed at least another five signings to improve the starting eleven and have possibly signed 2 at the moment , a Striker and a CB , who according to recent reports are not even available for selection this weekend . Downes is obviously cover on the bench , where I imagine Cornet to be also . So we will more then likely start with exactly the same starting eleven and tactics as last season . Progress with Moyes at the helm is bloody hard work .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:56 am We still need a left back, even one on loan with an option.
It's been a priority for a few seasons now Pale , and we still haven't brought one in .If we look at how long we took to find a striker it could be another season or two before we get a LB . We should be going all in for Sosa , now that Raum signed elsewhere , as did the guy who went to United .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I now get the feeling Moyes has given up looking for more players. Sure it's not true but going by his quotes he didn't half sound down and resigned to the fact we don't have the punching power when it comes to the readies to get deals over the line.

Well Moyes has found his niche in the EPL, frustrating I know but I don't see us advancing further, with him in charge I'm guessing we will have to settle for where we are at. Could be worse, Lardy could still hold the reins, now he is the template of boring.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:08 am
palerider wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:56 am We still need a left back, even one on loan with an option.
It's been a priority for a few seasons now Pale , and we still haven't brought one in .If we look at how long we took to find a striker it could be another season or two before we get a LB . We should be going all in for Sosa , now that Raum signed elsewhere , as did the guy who went to United .
It depends on the line-up with Cornet.

If we play 3-5-2 then Cornet works. But Marty Feldman has to be flexible enough to revert to 4 at the back at times in which case it doesn't.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:24 am
Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:08 am

If we play 3-5-2 then Cornet works. But Marty Feldman has to be flexible enough to revert to 4 at the back at times in which case it doesn't.
Really don't see Moyes as flexible, or Cornet working with his tactics or selection .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:29 am
palerider wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:24 am

Really don't see Moyes as flexible, or Cornet working with his tactics or selection .
Well he's a prize cunt then. If nothing else, Cornet's speed should get him a game because at the moment my Uncle Jack could sprint past any of our midfield and he's 84 and suffering from severe gout.

Moyes has to find a place for him. We've got four midfielders, Vlasic, Lanzini, Fornals and Benny all lacking real pace, although I reckon one if them will leave this month.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I'm starting to think that the only way we'll sign a left back is if Cresswell gets a significant injury before the window shuts.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:35 am
Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:29 am
Well he's a prize cunt then. If nothing else, Cornet's speed should get him a game because at the moment my Uncle Jack could sprint past any of our midfield and he's 84 and suffering from severe gout.

Moyes has to find a place for him. We've got four midfielders, Vlasic, Lanzini, Fornals and Benny all lacking real pace, although I reckon one if them will leave this month.
Their is definitely a place for Cornet on the LW instead of Benrahma , but surely Moyes will stick with Fornals playing just to cover for Cresswells inadequacies in defence.