West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Funny that ? ,all of my pals do as do the other old cunts in the pub pre and post match
Even the people around us in the ground.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

hd1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:55 pm Weirdly none of the blokes i go to the game with or mates I meet up with before slag off Moyes like this 🤔
Don’t forget Claret and Blue day tomorrow

Yaaay!!

;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:33 pm Funny that ? ,all of my pals do as do the other old cunts in the pub pre and post match
Even the people around us in the ground.
…as do the H/C boat attendees from what I’ve seen .

It’s never been easy being a West Ham supporter whilst sober .
Is it possible to still be appreciative of what Moyes has done for the club whilst despising the man at the same time ?

It must be as I feel I’m not alone :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:06 pm
hd1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:55 pm Weirdly none of the blokes i go to the game with or mates I meet up with before slag off Moyes like this 🤔
However you can’t deny the dithering over transfers.
Rubbish. What transfer has Moyes personally dithered over. Do you really think he does these deals himself :lol: His role is to hand in a list of typed of players and (oy sometimes) specific players earlier in the year and then when a deal is agreed give a yay or nay based on what it does to the budget. I dont think he has once dithered. People use that term when Moyes does not personally go and buy the player they want as fans in about 10 minutes.

Same way Ten Hag has not been in Barcelona all summer dithering over De Jong. He's been with the team in The far East and Oz.

I do agree that people.have different opinions on who should play though but that's always the case.

That said, this is the most negative platform for West Ham fans that I've seen. Probably because most are old and stuck in the past and have this naive view of how football works these days based on how it used to work.

I tend to gauge support on what I hear away from home as those tend to be the fans that are more realistic. Sometimes critical but always fair unlike on here where people are never happy.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:25 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:06 pm

However you can’t deny the dithering over transfers.

That said, this is the most negative platform for West Ham fans that I've seen. Probably because most are old and stuck in the past and have this naive view of how football works these days based on how it used to work.
There’s a lot of truth in that paragraph.

Whether that’s right or wrong only us old negative cunts can say .
For me it’s about expectations though . Or should I say lack of them .
We’ve all been kicked in the bollocks so many times we just expect it again .
Whether he’s dithering Dave or decisive Dave is a matter of opinion but one things for sure … the question will never go away .
He may have been very quick to fuck off Lingard and now Onana due to their apparent greed but wtf were they doing in the weeks leading up to it ?
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:34 pm
h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:25 pm

Whether he’s dithering Dave or decisive Dave is a matter of opinion but one things for sure … the question will never go away .
He may have been very quick to fuck off Lingard and now Onana due to their apparent greed but wtf were they doing in the weeks leading up to it ?
He won't have been doing anything as managers rarely do these days.
He will have asked for a player LIKE Onana or maybe asked for him specifically ages ago and would have only then got involved right at the end when the deal was agreed and when the DoF told him what the player/agent was asking for and how much it would cost. Then he says yes or no. In this case no since the agent tried to start a bidding war right at the end. That's pretty much all his involvement is in these deals.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:40 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:34 pm

He will have asked for a player LIKE Onana or maybe asked for him specifically ages ago and would have only then got involved right at the end when the deal was agreed and when the DoF told him what the player/agent was asking for and how much it would cost. Then he says yes or no. In this case no since the agent tried to start a bidding war right at the end. That's pretty much all his involvement is in these deals.
Apologies. When I said they I meant the club as a whole not Moyes specifically.
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:46 pm
h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:40 pm

Apologies. When I said they I meant the club as a whole not Moyes specifically.
Fair enough. It has happened to a lot of clubs this summer. Player/Agent greed is causing it. Same as it has at Man Utd and Chelsea this summer where they keep missing targets and I believe that Newcastle are less than happy with their window.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Moyes not involved in transfers? Just handing in a bit of paper. Ffs

Maybe not negotiating financial aspects of transfers.
But will certainly be talking to the players involved first to ascertain if they are the right characters or not.

There will be many meetings which Moyes will be actively involved in for these transfer sagas.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Noni

Post by Noni »

West Ham up to 15th in the table :D

Lets hope for a good game tomorrow!.... ;) whufc_crest