Nottingham Forest vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Nottingham Forest vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:27 pm Areola
Ashby - Johnson - Diop - Cresswell
Bowen - Rice - Vlasic - Antonio
Scamacca - Cornet

Trott - Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Fornals - Coventry - Soucek - Lanzini - Benrahma

Why on earth have we not brought in a decent LB yet , probably need another CB as well , especially with all the carthorses we have .
If Diop, as is being reported, refused to play yesterday he won't be considered. He should certainly have been in yesterday's line up on merit but if a player effectively goes on strike he can't be picked.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:57 pm
Scamacca - Cornet

Trott - Coufal - Zouma - Ogbonna - Fornals - Coventry - Soucek - Lanzini - Benrahma

Why on earth have we not brought in a decent LB yet , probably need another CB as well , especially with all the carthorses we have .
If Diop, as is being reported, refused to play yesterday he won't be considered. He should certainly have been in yesterday's line up on merit but if a player effectively goes on strike he can't be picked.
Reason for Diop not played yesterday as his state of mind is not with football at West Ham as he is now very close moving to Fulham and West Ham are lookin g to get PSG German Defender Kehrer as a replacement and same age of 25.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Scamacca - Cornet

If I had been ignored until they were desperate and then dropped again for a donkey called liability, I would want to leave also, the TRUTH will come out as soon as he is in a white shirt.
I wish him well.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Favours aren't done either when you imply months and months beforehand that you are happy to sell. Maybe not exactly those words but it equates to the same.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:32 am Favours aren't done either when you imply months and months beforehand that you are happy to sell. Maybe not exactly those words but it equates to the same.
Maybe not the best tactic, but the comments may have been thrown out there to see him lift a level or two. Instead, it appeared to send him the other way. Which says more about the player than the management, I reckon.

I had high hopes for Diop when we got him - I was genuinely pleased and optimistic. I remember reading comments along the lines of "this is the type of forward thinking the club needs to show if we are to reach the next level". And I agreed.

But he's been sub-standard for much of his time here, and didn't do enough to prove that he warranted more game time. If we are getting anywhere near the reported £15mil for him, then we've pulled Fulham's pants down.

He was a bust.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:12 am

If I had been ignored until they were desperate and then dropped again for a donkey called liability, I would want to leave also, the TRUTH will come out as soon as he is in a white shirt.
I wish him well.
Can't disagree with that theory tbh. I have always thought Diop was a more than capable centre back. And for the record I think he could have done better than Fulham.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:44 am
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:32 am Favours aren't done either when you imply months and months beforehand that you are happy to sell. Maybe not exactly those words but it equates to the same.
Maybe not the best tactic, but the comments may have been thrown out there to see him lift a level or two. Instead, it appeared to send him the other way. Which says more about the player than the management, I reckon.

I had high hopes for Diop when we got him - I was genuinely pleased and optimistic. I remember reading comments along the lines of "this is the type of forward thinking the club needs to show if we are to reach the next level". And I agreed.

But he's been sub-standard for much of his time here, and didn't do enough to prove that he warranted more game time. If we are getting anywhere near the reported £15mil for him, then we've pulled Fulham's pants down.

He was a bust.
I hear what you are saying, but I think those things are best done behind closed doors. Give the guy an attitude and the price is likely to sink,

As you know, we all take things in a different way, some to heart, some shrug it off and some buck up and show the preverbial finger. Diop was promising at the start but aside from injuries something doesn't click. Maybe he was best suited partnering Ogbonna, and we know his history.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:13 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:44 am

He was a bust.
I hear what you are saying, but I think those things are best done behind closed doors. Give the guy an attitude and the price is likely to sink,

As you know, we all take things in a different way, some to heart, some shrug it off and some buck up and show the preverbial finger. Diop was promising at the start but aside from injuries something doesn't click. Maybe he was best suited partnering Ogbonna, and we know his history.
None of us obviously know what goes on behind closed doors. But Diop always seemed to be the fall guy when defensive calamities occurred. For all Dawson's undoubted heart and application he is error prone and imo Diop is a far superior option. But Moyes undoubtedly prefers the "blood and guts" style Dawson brings. That is his prerogative of course as it's his job, not ours, that is on the line.

But from the economic point of view we have turned an expensive acquisition into, in football finance terms, a throwaway in much the same way as happened with Haller.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:45 am I see some of the predictions for this game and they surprise me?

In the League,we haven't played well since last December.Are we just suddenly going to just turn it on,out of the blue?
I know we may have Cornet coming in and Scamacca may make a difference,but I think a few on here are a bit over confident.Just looking at our pre season,we couldn't even string a pass together and the opposition weren't exactly decent?

And Yesterday,well,it was like City were having a kick about on the training ground before Pep arrived for the serious intense training.We didn't even lay a glove of them.I expected a defeat,but we lacked cohesion and fight.

If Antonio or Bowen don't turn up,then we are dreadful.Only Rice and maybe Scamacca deserved a bit of praise.

I just hope with the 2 new signings,they can bring a bit of confidence to the team,because I can see that lacking in a number of our players.
Since last December as you point out tel, and Moyes played the same team v city and then said we were a bit stale. :) :D you couldn't make it up. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Pre season means nothing on the whole, Sundays match turned out much as expected,were we looking stale as Moyes said?! Or were we merely going through the motions hoping for a lucky break!?

There is no question we need a couple or 3 more signings, but I reserve judgement on how stale we truly are until after this coming Sundays game. That's when the real stuff kicks off. Now if I was hoping for CL football then I would be really worried.