Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by terrya1965 »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:58 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:31 pm

Please...Enough...We were in 4th place with 7 games to go. We had both Rice and Antonio injured a few games before...We then lost to a dreadful Newcastle team and an erratic Chelsea.3 moe points against ONE of them or Everton at home would have given us a place in the CL..Them 2 injuries cost us,end of.
And winning all 38 games would have certainly given us CL footy. Now thats a dead cert.
You can't answer me,can you,so you have to come out with a stupid comment,that some idiot has liked? :roll:

You must have remembered it Joe.We were all so excited leading up to the Newcastle game.It all went wrong,when we had Dawson sent off and were 2-0 down at HT.We all expected to win that game even with out Antonio and Rice. Remarkably, we pulled it back to 2-2 and lost 3-2 within a minute of equalising.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:10 pm

And winning all 38 games would have certainly given us CL footy. Now thats a dead cert.
You can't answer me,can you,so you have to come out with a stupid comment,that some idiot has liked? :roll:

You must have remembered it Joe.We were all so excited leading up to the Newcastle game.It all went wrong,when we had Dawson sent off and were 2-0 down at HT.We all expected to win that game even with out Antonio and Rice. Remarkably, we pulled it back to 2-2 and lost 3-2 within a minute of equalising.
Face it, i dont think any of us expected to be so high up the table, maybe it was disappointing we lost 4 th spot but also fortunate, because without a major major overhaul we would have gone out on the first stages. and , as i have said, shown ourselves for what we really are, and its not CL material. I never felt then we were good enough to stand any realistic chance of competing there, we have good players but they are a grade lower, well most, than the likes of Chelsea, City and Liverpoool. Yes we can beat them on our day but they are few and far between..

Enjoy the fact we got to the semis of the europa, now thats where the what ifs come in, even with a bigger squad you cant be sure of the outcome, but it would have surely helped give us a better chance. I think Moyes nigh on admitted that his squad was too small, problem is , is it his dithering keeping it so small at the moment, or other. Or both? But we need more or it will be a less sucessful season this time.

I will start to elieve we can reach the CL when i start expecting to win most times and not hoping we win.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

hd1

Post by hd1 »

No Tel, its not down to the injuries and those 2 games. We dropped 5 points against Brighton, 5 against Southampton, 4 against Burnley...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

And the fact Dawson was sent off had nothing whatsoever to do with the injuries to Rice and Antonio did it? League positions are determined by what happens over 38 games, not by picking out certain games and crying into our beer saying "if only".

We had pretty much the same squad last season as we had in 20/21 and, imo, we dropped more "winnable" points last season than the one before. 2 games lost against Brentford, a home defeat against Leeds who were so hit by injuries they had a 16 year old on the bench, a home loss against Southampton, 4 points gifted to Man United with Noble's missed penalty and Fredericks' aberration at OT in the last minute. Top 4 sides have the occasional blip but not a sequence of results like that.

Just accept the fact we do not have a good enough squad to claim we are anything close to being a top 4 side.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:37 am

And the fact Dawson was sent off had nothing whatsoever to do with the injuries to Rice and Antonio did it? League positions are determined by what happens over 38 games, not by picking out certain games and crying into our beer saying "if only".

We had pretty much the same squad last season as we had in 20/21 and, imo, we dropped more "winnable" points last season than the one before. 2 games lost against Brentford, a home defeat against Leeds who were so hit by injuries they had a 16 year old on the bench, a home loss against Southampton, 4 points gifted to Man United with Noble's missed penalty and Fredericks' aberration at OT in the last minute. Top 4 sides have the occasional blip but not a sequence of results like that.

Just accept the fact we do not have a good enough squad to claim we are anything close to being a top 4 side.
GOOD MORNING

Maybe not having Rice there to help protect Dawson didn't help?

Whatever anybody says,we should have finished 4th.It was our best ever chance and I honestly think we will never be in that position again.

Between them 2 injuries and our lack of transfer activity stopped us from moving on has a club.Yes I agree with you all,that we did over achieve,no doubt and we probably wouldn't have done anything in the CL,but we would have been able to attract a better player.

At the end of the day,we could have took that step,but didn't because of the way the club is run at the top.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Vladimir Labant was seen feeding the pigeons in Mayesbrook Park last night.

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Since Vlasic is gone we need a new attacking midfielder

So now that´s a left back, CM and AM we need before the window shuts

Who do you think we should go for?

whufc_crest

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Pipe smurf wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:37 am
Good player by all accounts .

We’ll loan a player from PSG instead though .
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

hd1 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:55 pm No Tel, its not down to the injuries and those 2 games. We dropped 5 points against Brighton, 5 against Southampton, 4 against Burnley...
But all teams drop points HD.All I am saying,with Antonio and Rice missing at the time,we'd have made them 3 points up somewhere inthe time they were injured in my opinion.