Nottingham Forest vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Nottingham Forest vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:42 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:31 am
That's quite inventive, didn't realize Cornet could play there.

In fact I think that is much too inventive for a DM West Ham lineup. Several levels too inventive in fact...
Cornet supposedly was taught by Jordi Alba to play at LB when they played together at Lyon , actually appeared at LB 24 times in the 20/21 season scoring 2 goals and 4 assists before he moved to Burnley .
" Areola
Ashby - Johnson - Zouma - Cornet
Rice - Coventry
Bowen - Fornals - Antonio
Scamacca

Could even be played with wingbacks and Rice in a back three , which would work ."

not a bad idea, though i cant see Moyes going for it the Rice in the back 3. i mean. and with Cresswell playing i might either be inclined to make him LCB as he has played his best there, Rice defensive mid, Cornet Left wingback, and possibly ashby rwb havent a clue there. dropping Coventry. Now wheres me tin hat.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:35 am It might not make much difference over there, but fuck I hate Sunday football. Normally means I’m watching the game between midnight and 5:00am on a Monday morning.
Whats your time zone Oz? My optus site shows 10.00 pm. Fucking decent if I get monday off with the rain forecast down here. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:15 am
Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:42 am

Cornet supposedly was taught by Jordi Alba to play at LB when they played together at Lyon , actually appeared at LB 24 times in the 20/21 season scoring 2 goals and 4 assists before he moved to Burnley .
" Areola
Rice - Coventry
Scamacca

Could even be played with wingbacks and Rice in a back three , which would work ."

not a bad idea, though i cant see Moyes going for it the Rice in the back 3. i mean. and with Cresswell playing i might either be inclined to make him LCB as he has played his best there, Rice defensive mid, Cornet Left wingback, and possibly ashby rwb havent a clue there. dropping Coventry. Now wheres me tin hat.
I don't actually like playing Rice in a back three either , he's a top DM if not world class , but at the moment I really do not like how we are presently playing in our midfield with Rice/Soucek , Rice needs to remember he's a DM not a box to box midfielder . I just do not like playing Cresswell , just think he restricts us in attacking situations as he always needs cover defensively .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:54 am
eskimo joe wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:15 am

" Areola
Rice - Coventry
Scamacca

I don't actually like playing Rice in a back three either , he's a top DM if not world class , but at the moment I really do not like how we are presently playing in our midfield with Rice/Soucek , Rice needs to remember he's a DM not a box to box midfielder . I just do not like playing Cresswell , just think he restricts us in attacking situations as he always needs cover defensively .
Before Rice broke into the first team he was being spoken of as a defender but to be perfectly honest as far as I'm concerned he never looked particularly good when playing there. Of course he was very inexperienced back then but in any case I think we would lose more by removing him from his present role than any potential gain we may see by having him at the back. To be effective playing with a back 3 there has to be at least one of the 3 who is comfortable bringing the ball out. I'm assuming Aguerd was supposed to be that man but obviously we've now lost him for goodness knows how long and we simply don't have anyone who could perform that role now we've let Diop go.

Obviously Rice fits the bill as far as his skillset is concerned but Ias I've said I think we'd lose more than we might gain.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:50 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:35 am It might not make much difference over there, but fuck I hate Sunday football. Normally means I’m watching the game between midnight and 5:00am on a Monday morning.
Whats your time zone Oz? My optus site shows 10.00 pm. Fucking decent if I get monday off with the rain forecast down here. :)
We have the same time zone, but I thought that a 2:00pm kickoff London time would mean 11:00pm start here?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:47 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:50 am

We have the same time zone, but I thought that a 2:00pm kickoff London time would mean 11:00pm start here?

Theres the problem. Its Nottingham time over there. :D Optus still showing 10.00pm

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Just read an article from the Moysiah. He's not guaranteeing a start for Scammaca due to Mikey being a revelation up front. After 1 game or in training I thought.
Then he goes on to say "since Arnie left" :lol:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:11 am Just read an article from the Moysiah. He's not guaranteeing a start for Scammaca due to Mikey being a revelation up front. After 1 game or in training I thought.
Then he goes on to say "since Arnie left" :lol:
I'm not sure whether to take that seriously or not, in the wee hours of the morning the brain, what little I have, isn't fully engaged.

If gospel then we are in de poop, or Moyes needs sectioning.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Well if you lot think Scamacca is starting today then your all deluded.
Or the Ice Cream for that matter….
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

2-0 defeat.

Moyes will blame the lack of fit defenders and the lack of creativity which he of course has been responsible for since the last transfer window.