West Ham vs Viborg Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Viborg Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:48 am Well can't say that was pretty by any stretch of the imagination bar the odd individual moments, Benny's assist being one of them.
On the whole I think we played like a team afraid to lose rather than one that thought it could win. They on the other hand believed, and only poor action in the final third really defeated them.
Our MOTM, imo, Fornals, and he only played half the match, he was industrious and tried at least to liven our play up.
I have said this in match threads in the league Joe , and this match resembled quite a few of those matches in the league when we looked like a team who were afraid to lose rather then a team that wanted or could win .
Totally agree with your MOTM Fornals , made such a difference when he replaced Lanzini .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:40 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:23 am Was unable to watch. Not sure who has the rights this year (Paramount probably).

How did Ashby and Coventry perform? And Oggy?
Ashby was ok. Bit slow at getting back at times I think. Very keen to get forward and had a decent shot.

Coventry impressed me with his passing at the start of the game but became quite average for most of it but I don’t think Soucek supported him much.

Oggy was ok and done his job. Their goal came the minute he went off
Good to see Oggy out there , and thought he did ok as well , didn't appear to go off with any adverse effects , so look forward to him playing till Aguerd is fit .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:56 am
JayK wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:40 am

Ashby was ok. Bit slow at getting back at times I think. Very keen to get forward and had a decent shot.

Coventry impressed me with his passing at the start of the game but became quite average for most of it but I don’t think Soucek supported him much.

Oggy was ok and done his job. Their goal came the minute he went off
Good to see Oggy out there , and thought he did ok as well , didn't appear to go off with any adverse effects , so look forward to him playing till Aguerd is fit .
I think the long term casualty will be Zouma.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Viborg looked the fitter team although they are further into their season than us but make no mistake. Even though we were without Rice, performances like that, especially in the first half, will have us battling it out with the bottom feeders and the lemur looking for a new job by Christmas.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:02 am
Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:56 am

That's what I was thinking, he got stuck in last night, a bit fortunate imo not to have been booked but he looked more alive than the younger Zuoma does.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:31 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:02 am
That's what I was thinking, he got stuck in last night, a bit fortunate imo not to have been booked but he looked more alive than the younger Zuoma does.
Totally agree , Zouma looks like an old worn out carthorse imo .

garnett

Post by garnett »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:01 pm
garnett wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:21 pm

1 injury to someone who shouldn`t be playing will fuck that up.

Priorities, and in my book the league trumps all.
Normally I would agree. But this season I see the conference as our most realistic shot at getting a European spot again next season. That said if any player isn't 100% they shouldn't be considered. But that should always be the rule imo.
I get what you're saying but I don't think it's the holy grail, squad size and quality told a tale last season I fear this season will be no different.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

garnett wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:19 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:01 pm

Normally I would agree. But this season I see the conference as our most realistic shot at getting a European spot again next season. That said if any player isn't 100% they shouldn't be considered. But that should always be the rule imo.
I get what you're saying but I don't think it's the holy grail, squad size and quality told a tale last season I fear this season will be no different.
Agree , we need better quality in certain areas of the starting eleven ( LB - CM ) plus quality in a Right sided attacker and AM on the bench , just for starters , even another striker wouldn't go amiss .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I just see the 2nd half after work.Glad I miss that lack luster first half.

Their passing was very neat at times.You have to remember this is a Cup Final for these and they would have been a 100% on it.Good to see Scamacca get off the mark and Antonio score.Would have taken a 2 goal lead at the start.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:10 pm Totally agree , Zouma looks like an old worn out carthorse imo .
Not seeing this myself Clay. I think he's still showing he's a quality player, especially in the Citeh game where Johnson was run ragged.

Time will tell though. That said I liked what I saw of Kehrer last night, and good to see Oggy back although nowhere near his best yet.