West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Oh not using this as an excuse by the way for a piss poor performance but where the fuck were the ball boys/girls today took a fucking age returning the ball for throws etc
One little black kid was asleep on his fucking stool behind the goal
:D

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Haven't seen the highlights yet, probably not worth watching. Just read all the posts from the start of the game. One thing puzzling me.

Where's the numerical one saying " I told you so"? :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:21 pm Haven't seen the highlights yet, probably not worth watching. Just read all the posts from the start of the game. One thing puzzling me.

Where's the numerical one saying " I told you so"? :D
Oh he's about...... cutting and pasting in earnest

Towie

Post by Towie »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:39 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:34 pm Only at West Ham

Manager spends £100 + million pounds and makes us look even fucking worse
:lol:
Don't let the Moyes and board noshers on here hear you say that Dwayne........but they have been surprisingly quiet
Spent £100m but no idea what on, Scamacca looks decent but can’t do much sat on the bench.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:19 pm Oh not using this as an excuse by the way for a piss poor performance but where the fuck were the ball boys/girls today took a fucking age returning the ball for throws etc
One little black kid was asleep on his fucking stool behind the goal
:D
Clearly not a bad judge then.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:32 pm The Gonz says West Ham will recover against Villa away and zoom up the table - also there is a special discount for new subscribers to the patreon channel...more West Ham content and more even fun
Well 3 defeats on the spin has certainly got this place buzzing again. Should be really lively after the Spurs game in a week or so. :lol:

Amazing what a shot in the arm for the forum a losing run is.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:34 pm Only at West Ham

Manager spends £100 + million pounds and makes us look even fucking worse
:lol:
Don't let the Moyes and board noshers on here hear you say that Dwayne........but they have been surprisingly quiet
Wondered when the first of these "nosher" comments would appear. I suppose you'd consider me a "nosher" because I've frequently said Moyes is as good as we're likely to get. That might be a sorry state of affairs, but it's how I see it. We have to ask ourselves would any aspiring young manager with ambition (Graham Potter ?) want to risk their reputation by joining Monty Python's Flying Circus ?

FFS some cunt somewhere has even suggested putting bloody Warburton in charge. :lol: Although even he might be an upgrade on the usual suspect who would be prime candidates if and when a vacancy becomes available. Maybe Stuart Pearce could even be persuaded back. :lol:

But fuck it. Let's get rid of Moyes, and the coaching team---after all they're part of the conspiracy. At least it will make a change from reading the usual Moyes out stuff when we have a different target to shoot at. If, as some are suggesting is likely we lose the next 4 and in doing so equal Palace's start a few years back perhaps we could do what they did and persuade Woy to hang up his pipe and slippers for another crack at management.

Btw Andy I sadly had to stop watching the game with about 20 minutes left as I had to give out the prizes at a kid's party we were hosting. So I hope you can fill me in with the details of what was no doubt a heroic effort on our part to drag ourselves back into the game. Was it the usual red blooded stirring stuff ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:09 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:52 pm

They're girding their loins Andy.

There'll be a 'Moyesie the Musical' before long.

I've just googled, after how many games was the first PL sacking. The answer will surprise a few. It was the vermin pond-life. Christian Gross after 3 games. I'm sure Marty Feldman will last until the weekend. In fact he'll last until at least November due to the dwarf's reluctance to pay compo.

But his odds have halved.

And what does Kretinsky think ?

If rumours are true, he takes full control next March. I'm sure he didn't plan on buying a Championship team.
Never understood how a sacked manager gets compensation , when he is not capable of doing his job , in the real world if we made mistakes like he is doing we would be sacked and never see a penny more then we had actually earnt .
When has football resembled the real world though. The usual contract in "normal" work involves, if you're luck, a 3 month notice period either way after a decent length of service. For the first year or so it's one month. Managers typically get a 3 year contract and if they get sacked after a few games they are entitled to be paid the full value of the contract.

Nice work if you can get it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:54 am

Wondered when the first of these "nosher" comments would appear. I suppose you'd consider me a "nosher" because I've frequently said Moyes is as good as we're likely to get. That might be a sorry state of affairs, but it's how I see it. We have to ask ourselves would any aspiring young manager with ambition (Graham Potter ?) want to risk their reputation by joining Monty Python's Flying Circus ?

FFS some cunt somewhere has even suggested putting bloody Warburton in charge. :lol: Although even he might be an upgrade on the usual suspect who would be prime candidates if and when a vacancy becomes available. Maybe Stuart Pearce could even be persuaded back. :lol:

But fuck it. Let's get rid of Moyes, and the coaching team---after all they're part of the conspiracy. At least it will make a change from reading the usual Moyes out stuff when we have a different target to shoot at. If, as some are suggesting is likely we lose the next 4 and in doing so equal Palace's start a few years back perhaps we could do what they did and persuade Woy to hang up his pipe and slippers for another crack at management.

Btw Andy I sadly had to stop watching the game with about 20 minutes left as I had to give out the prizes at a kid's party we were hosting. So I hope you can fill me in with the details of what was no doubt a heroic effort on our part to drag ourselves back into the game. Was it the usual red blooded stirring stuff ?
I have never even considered you as a nosher Whisky, you views and comments are based on your opinions and usually backed up with facts.
Are you a board nosher....far from it, in my opinion you dislike them as much as many others on here, but....you will defend the owners on their money craving schemes and lack of spending for the club and financially speaking you are 100% correct,. They are the owners and can do what the fuck they want with their money....
Are you a Moyes nosher.....,.far from it you are as frustrated as we all are with lack of tactical nous from our serial winner, the inability to drop non performing players and a complete lack of a plan b when plan A is going tits up again......and as you correctly mention.....who the fuck would want to come in.....Fat Sam...maybe.
As for his transfer policy and determination to bring in players to improve the team...that also is looking suspect....Zouna his so called No1 target last season was culpable of both goals today....hardly inspirering......do you call him out when required....yes.....so you are officially not guilty of being a nosher.... :lol:

All I can say about the last 20 mins Whisky is you were probably doing something more worthwhile for those 20 mins of your life than mine watching that absolute dross

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:21 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:32 pm The Gonz says West Ham will recover against Villa away and zoom up the table - also there is a special discount for new subscribers to the patreon channel...more West Ham content and more even fun
Well 3 defeats on the spin has certainly got this place buzzing again. Should be really lively after the Spurs game in a week or so. :lol:

Amazing what a shot in the arm for the forum a losing run is.
It's not just the three match losing run though is it?! It's all the ones that have gone on since Christmas.

He can be Nero like and sit back and watch Rome burn or he can look to change what ATM is seemingly apparent by dousing the cause at it's base. But best done before it's too late.

Stubbornness and pride can sometimes be seen as kissing cousins, both can lead to a fall, the art is to know when to let them go, and it seems he doesn't possess that.

We will see how it is all panning out by Christmas, probably in the secure zone but places away from where he had planned to be come eos.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest