POLL: Would you sack Moyes and appoint Graham Potter given the chance?

Chat about anything football related here!

Would you sack Moyes and appoint Graham Potter given the chance?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 28

h69

Re: POLL: Would you sack Moyes and appoint Graham Potter given the chance?

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:51 am Its been insinuated that I'm a whinging whiney one on here , not a true supporter by a self opinionated number ( not even that one ) one who has connections at the club he likes to mention , well whoopy .
Maybe giving my opinion on a forum shouldn't be allowed in some people's minds , the truth can hurt .
But as far as I am concerned , for all my comments about poor selection and tactics which their are a few , we have all seen us finish consecutive seasons near the top of the league and have got to see us play in Europe , that is no mean feat , even if I feel we could have done better .
I have no idea what Moyes thinks or what his plans are going forward , but the club have just backed him in a record breaking transfer window with the acquisition of a few exciting players .
I really hope as a supporter that Moyes can pull around what many would say was a disastrous period from December up till now , but in all honesty I really do have my doubts .
I do not like his insistence on putting players in positions they are not best suited to in the starting eleven .
Allowing our midfield to remain overworked due to the opposition managers tactical foresight in having more bodies in there , recent acquisitions could change all that hopefully .
Selecting players who frankly cannot perform at the levels required for us the progress , hopefully this to will also change with the recent acquisitions Moyes has made .
But my biggest doubt remains in his ability or lack of it in the strategy stakes , to see the big picture , and to be able to plan in advance or react in a positive manner without hesitation .
But after all my doubts concerning Moyes's ability to take us further I really do not see any other manager with the credentials needed to build on the progress made recently wanting the job especially under the current ownership .
So for all my doubts I really hope Moyes can turn it around and give us fans a bright and exciting future ahead , and at least a cup to celebrate.

So Moyes stays in my book :o :shock:
Awwwww my thoughts go out to you at this difficult time.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:26 am
Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:51 am Its been insinuated that I'm a whinging whiney one on here , not a true supporter by a self opinionated number ( not even that one ) one who has connections at the club he likes to mention , well whoopy .
Maybe giving my opinion on a forum shouldn't be allowed in some people's minds , the truth can hurt .
But as far as I am concerned , for all my comments about poor selection and tactics which their are a few , we have all seen us finish consecutive seasons near the top of the league and have got to see us play in Europe , that is no mean feat , even if I feel we could have done better .
I have no idea what Moyes thinks or what his plans are going forward , but the club have just backed him in a record breaking transfer window with the acquisition of a few exciting players .
I really hope as a supporter that Moyes can pull around what many would say was a disastrous period from December up till now , but in all honesty I really do have my doubts .
I do not like his insistence on putting players in positions they are not best suited to in the starting eleven .
Allowing our midfield to remain overworked due to the opposition managers tactical foresight in having more bodies in there , recent acquisitions could change all that hopefully .
Selecting players who frankly cannot perform at the levels required for us the progress , hopefully this to will also change with the recent acquisitions Moyes has made .
But my biggest doubt remains in his ability or lack of it in the strategy stakes , to see the big picture , and to be able to plan in advance or react in a positive manner without hesitation .
But after all my doubts concerning Moyes's ability to take us further I really do not see any other manager with the credentials needed to build on the progress made recently wanting the job especially under the current ownership .
So for all my doubts I really hope Moyes can turn it around and give us fans a bright and exciting future ahead , and at least a cup to celebrate.

So Moyes stays in my book :o :shock:
Awwwww my thoughts go out to you at this difficult time.
Why thank you kind sir in OUR hour of need . ;)

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:21 am
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:13 am

Very similar to what I wrote Clayton in this thread.His not changing a thing.We will play exactly the same,no matter what players we bring in.I said that Scamacca cannot play in a Moyes system.He will expect to do what Antonio does and what Haller was told to do.We need a more flexible manager with the players we have now..I would have loved a Potter.Someone like Ange Postecoglou of Celtic fits the bill.He plays some lovely Football,despite last night result v Real Madrid.
Totally agree Terry , and the next few months will give us a clue of where we are at . Really do not think we can continue in the same manner , things have to change and hopefully Moyes :roll: has that capacity :? To build on what he started .
If he can do it,I will be pleased has punch.We know how Moyes works though,.his so stubborn.He dosen't like to change.I think his coaching staff have no say in what he does.My way and that's it Clayton.

We haven't been great since March(relegation form) and we have been pretty inconsistent since January.The small squad didn't help being in Europe and then the disappointment of going out in the Semi's,so I except that.But now we are 6 games in and are in the relegation zone.Give him till the World Cup,I say and see what progress he has made.I think that is fair.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

I think this post will be redundant when Chelsea appoint him as their new man? :o

palerider

Post by palerider »

dagenhamdave wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:38 am I think this post will be redundant when Chelsea appoint him as their new man? :o
Who, Moyes ?

It would be proof God exists.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:39 am
dagenhamdave wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:38 am I think this post will be redundant when Chelsea appoint him as their new man? :o
Who, Moyes ?

It would be proof God exists.
Mr Potter

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

OZHAMMER wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:10 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:28 am Silly question imo. A better one would have been...
Fuck me, you are one patronising prick.

Not only do you have the answer for everything, you now know how someone should have asked a question. :roll:

You must clear out pubs in record time.
Haven't you got a fucking koala to molest or something ? When I want your fucking opinion I'll give it to you.

Fucking dingo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:59 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:11 pm

But this is only a forum. And judging from the number of people who post on it not a particularly big one in terms of traffic. Nd even on here, a relatively small sample, we have our wingers and those who grit their teeth and put up with it.

Basically what I’m saying is that for all the years I’ve supported the club our fans have been a whiny bunch. I haven’t a scooby if other fan bases are the same because I don’t spend time going on other fans forums. But I guess from the numpties who populate the phone ins every club has it’s share of whiny old men.

But they’ll still be whiny old men when the next manager is unveiled. Or at least as soon as he suffers his first losing run
It's the same at every club.I bet you still get Man City fans moaning about their team mate.
You're probably right. But we don't know about that do we ? But we seem to read and hear in the media about our fans complaints more than most other clubs. Unless they come from the red half of Manchester that is.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:49 am

Not only do you have the answer for everything, you now know how someone should have asked a question. :roll:

Haven't you got a fucking koala to molest or something ? When I want your fucking opinion I'll give it to you.

Fucking dingo.
You've got your fighting trousers on today - suits you

Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:28 am Silly question imo. A better one would have been...

Leastways some people do try livening up this bleedin place by having some opinio and not just sniping like you you cunt. You need to get a life you sad cunt.