Relegation Form

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Watcher
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 6:18 pm
x 5
x 19

Re: Relegation Form

Post by Watcher »

He needs to go NOW

Call up Thomas Frank

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 17058
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 387
x 1765

Re: Relegation Form

Post by Whiskyman »

OK then, just for you.

--THE ONE THING A LOSER WILL ALWAYS HAVE IS AN EXCUSE

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 16852
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 1685
x 2288

Re: Relegation Form

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:03 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:42 pm

Reckon most of us had an idea that was where we were , and as you say " scary if nothing else " . Though the away supporters among us will feel differently and this shouldn't even pose a problem .
I'm not getting this away supporter reference that keeps cropping up. Newmarket mentioned it on a post the other day but being the bastard he is didn't explain.

Probably because, apart from a few Europa games last season I heven't been to an away match , or a home one for that matter, for bloody ages.
Oi :lol:
It wasnt me that mentioned it , I was merely laughing at the carnage the post would cause when they see it .
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 6528
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 277
x 689

Re: Relegation Form

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:03 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:42 pm

Reckon most of us had an idea that was where we were , and as you say " scary if nothing else " . Though the away supporters among us will feel differently and this shouldn't even pose a problem .
I'm not getting this away supporter reference that keeps cropping up. Newmarket mentioned it on a post the other day but being the bastard he is didn't explain.

Probably because, apart from a few Europa games last season I heven't been to an away match , or a home one for that matter, for bloody ages.
I will put your mind to rest. Firstly, it isn't referring to yourself.

There are certain visitors to this domain that that seem to think that the away support are the only true supporters and the rest of us moaners on here are the reason the club is now performing so badly.

But I beg to differ, as do the others. We have our eyes and mouths open but we very much doubt that our opinions are loud enough to be heard and have any effect on our excellent gentlemen plying their trade on the field.

The irony is that those very visitors come on here more recently to do what they accuse the rest of us of doing....moan. The targets might be different but moaning is moaning non the less. Our moans might not achieve much but it gets the frustration out. Far better than bottling it up and blinkered acceptance. But what is it you have said?! " horses for courses"
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 17058
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 387
x 1765

Re: Relegation Form

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:29 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:03 pm

I'm not getting this away supporter reference that keeps cropping up. Newmarket mentioned it on a post the other day but being the bastard he is didn't explain.

Probably because, apart from a few Europa games last season I heven't been to an away match , or a home one for that matter, for bloody ages.
I will put your mind to rest. Firstly, it isn't referring to yourself.

There are certain visitors to this domain that that seem to think that the away support are the only true supporters and the rest of us moaners on here are the reason the club is now performing so badly.

But I beg to differ, as do the others. We have our eyes and mouths open but we very much doubt that our opinions are loud enough to be heard and have any effect on our excellent gentlemen plying their trade on the field.

The irony is that those very visitors come on here more recently to do what they accuse the rest of us of doing....moan. The targets might be different but moaning is moaning non the less. Our moans might not achieve much but it gets the frustration out. Far better than bottling it up and blinkered acceptance. But what is it you have said?! " horses for courses"
Well, thanks for the heads up. Must admit I haven't noticed much comment on here about the alleged superiority of the away support, although I remember one conversation which got a bit lively on here once when someone claimed that people who went to the matches were far more worthy than us couch potatoes who watched from the comfort of their armchairs. In his eyes because I once went religiously, home and away, all over the place I was an A Plus but because I can't be arsed any more I'm relegated to E minus. ;)
--THE ONE THING A LOSER WILL ALWAYS HAVE IS AN EXCUSE

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 6290
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil
x 706
x 1130

Re: Relegation Form

Post by andyginbrasil »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:29 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:03 pm

I'm not getting this away supporter reference that keeps cropping up. Newmarket mentioned it on a post the other day but being the bastard he is didn't explain.

Probably because, apart from a few Europa games last season I heven't been to an away match , or a home one for that matter, for bloody ages.
I will put your mind to rest. Firstly, it isn't referring to yourself.

There are certain visitors to this domain that that seem to think that the away support are the only true supporters and the rest of us moaners on here are the reason the club is now performing so badly.

But I beg to differ, as do the others. We have our eyes and mouths open but we very much doubt that our opinions are loud enough to be heard and have any effect on our excellent gentlemen plying their trade on the field.

The irony is that those very visitors come on here more recently to do what they accuse the rest of us of doing....moan. The targets might be different but moaning is moaning non the less. Our moans might not achieve much but it gets the frustration out. Far better than bottling it up and blinkered acceptance. But what is it you have said?! " horses for courses"
An excellent explanation Joe, you just forgot one slight point......and that is, whatever our opinion is against the board or the manager it usually promotes a output of condescending, derogatory and derisory comments, as and when they have removed their noses from the arses of the management and board,..... and therefore known affectionately sometimes as (board) noshers

User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 6528
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 277
x 689

Re: Relegation Form

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:12 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:29 am

I will put your mind to rest. Firstly, it isn't referring to yourself.

There are certain visitors to this domain that that seem to think that the away support are the only true supporters and the rest of us moaners on here are the reason the club is now performing so badly.

But I beg to differ, as do the others. We have our eyes and mouths open but we very much doubt that our opinions are loud enough to be heard and have any effect on our excellent gentlemen plying their trade on the field.

The irony is that those very visitors come on here more recently to do what they accuse the rest of us of doing....moan. The targets might be different but moaning is moaning non the less. Our moans might not achieve much but it gets the frustration out. Far better than bottling it up and blinkered acceptance. But what is it you have said?! " horses for courses"
An excellent explanation Joe, you just forgot one slight point......and that is, whatever our opinion is against the board or the manager it usually promotes a output of condescending, derogatory and derisory comments, as and when they have removed their noses from the arses of the management and board,..... and therefore known affectionately sometimes as (board) noshers
Quite right. You put it better than I would have.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 17058
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 387
x 1765

Re: Relegation Form

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:12 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:29 am

I will put your mind to rest. Firstly, it isn't referring to yourself.

There are certain visitors to this domain that that seem to think that the away support are the only true supporters and the rest of us moaners on here are the reason the club is now performing so badly.

But I beg to differ, as do the others. We have our eyes and mouths open but we very much doubt that our opinions are loud enough to be heard and have any effect on our excellent gentlemen plying their trade on the field.

The irony is that those very visitors come on here more recently to do what they accuse the rest of us of doing....moan. The targets might be different but moaning is moaning non the less. Our moans might not achieve much but it gets the frustration out. Far better than bottling it up and blinkered acceptance. But what is it you have said?! " horses for courses"
An excellent explanation Joe, you just forgot one slight point......and that is, whatever our opinion is against the board or the manager it usually promotes a output of condescending, derogatory and derisory comments, as and when they have removed their noses from the arses of the management and board,..... and therefore known affectionately sometimes as (board) noshers
Since the recent opening of the bountiful war chest in the last transfer window I imagine the "noshing" to which you refer may be indulged in by more people. Must admit \ can't say I've read a lot of pro board comment on the forums although, as I've said myself on a few occasions, I do sometimes wionder at the naivety of some people who seem to think club owners (not just ours) become owners so they can play the role of an ever present Father Christmas to the fans of whatever club they own.

The moaning you mention will no doubt continue ad nauseum. But given the recent release of funds I imagine it will be directed more at those who spend it rather than those who in the past have been accused of hoarding it.
--THE ONE THING A LOSER WILL ALWAYS HAVE IS AN EXCUSE

User avatar
Towie
Posts: 4514
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 pm
x 1408
x 1158

Re: Relegation Form

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:02 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:12 pm

An excellent explanation Joe, you just forgot one slight point......and that is, whatever our opinion is against the board or the manager it usually promotes a output of condescending, derogatory and derisory comments, as and when they have removed their noses from the arses of the management and board,..... and therefore known affectionately sometimes as (board) noshers
Since the recent opening of the bountiful war chest in the last transfer window I imagine the "noshing" to which you refer may be indulged in by more people. Must admit \ can't say I've read a lot of pro board comment on the forums although, as I've said myself on a few occasions, I do sometimes wionder at the naivety of some people who seem to think club owners (not just ours) become owners so they can play the role of an ever present Father Christmas to the fans of whatever club they own.

The moaning you mention will no doubt continue ad nauseum. But given the recent release of funds I imagine it will be directed more at those who spend it rather than those who in the past have been accused of hoarding it.
The praise is heaped on Kretinsky for releasing such funds.
Though I’m not sure how true that is, more likely we are borrowing on future revenue.

Which won’t be a lot if we are in Championship next season.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 6528
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
x 277
x 689

Re: Relegation Form

Post by eskimo joe »

This window is probably the most we have spent and I don't really care where the money came from. I don't think what we have bought in are rubbish by any stretch of the imagination.

Most managers know what they want and have a few plans on how to utilize them. Moyes appears to have only one plan and specific players required to execute it. Now that makes him limited, as we experienced in the January window.

It appears, and it might not be the case, but it does appear that his limitations have forced him to buy good players that don't fit. At this point I would be looking at scraping my master plan and finding others that are better suited to the squad we now have, and to tackle the problem of my failing one. Not Moyes, he wants too desperately his master plan to succeed despite all the evidence since Christmas that it won't.

He can spend 50p or £100mil, it would make no odds, in fact we might have more success spending the former if he had more than one plan. We all know building a team nowadays costs money, but spending it and knowing how to use what you bought are a must, he knows what to use them for but not how to use them, no point wasting money on a cheetah when you're only going to use it as an Tom cat.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Post Reply