OFFICIAL Wolves match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: OFFICIAL Wolves match thread

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:21 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:53 pm A decent attendance considering the transport problems
The crowd got behind the team after a rather slow start
After the first went in only one team in it imo
Two very well taken goals as well.
Nice to have a decent right back now.
Thought Dawson had a good game.
Pub was rocking post match.

Onwards and upwards.
We got some bloody good fans mate.That's why c**ts like Brown and Sullivan have taken our fans for granted.
Wrong mate. People only get taken for granted if they allow themselves to be, if you get my drift. As the man once said, a fool and his money are soon parted.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:04 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:21 pm

We got some bloody good fans mate.That's why c**ts like Brown and Sullivan have taken our fans for granted.
Wrong mate. People only get taken for granted if they allow themselves to be, if you get my drift. As the man once said, a fool and his money are soon parted.
I wouldn't say I'm wrong mate.A lot of fans live for going to watch West Ham home and away..Its in their blood..Like you,back in the day,I'd go Home and Away,I breathed the game..I am a bit older,maybe wiser,that's a maybe:) and I go occasionally now.West Ham are a massive piece of their life.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:16 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:04 am

I wouldn't say I'm wrong mate.A lot of fans live for going to watch West Ham home and away..Its in their blood..Like you,back in the day,I'd go Home and Away,I breathed the game..I am a bit older,maybe wiser,that's a maybe:) and I go occasionally now.West Ham are a massive piece of their life.
When I used to go to every game it was my choice.and of course I enjoyed it. But I never felt I was taken for granted, even when facilities at grounds were pretty crap. Overflowing, smelly khazis being my particular gripe at that time.

Don't really know how you can say people are taken for granted tbh. Football isn't like any other product. I've just treated myself to a new motor. I saw it first in the brochure, then test drove it, then bought it. I knew exactly what I was getting. But go to a football match and one week you can see an excellent contest but the following week the game stinks the place out. It's a chance you take. But as you well know you've always got the choice to say "fuck this" and keep your hard earned in the bank.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:36 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:16 am

When I used to go to every game it was my choice.and of course I enjoyed it. But I never felt I was taken for granted, even when facilities at grounds were pretty crap. Overflowing, smelly khazis being my particular gripe at that time.

Don't really know how you can say people are taken for granted tbh. Football isn't like any other product. I've just treated myself to a new motor. I saw it first in the brochure, then test drove it, then bought it. I knew exactly what I was getting. But go to a football match and one week you can see an excellent contest but the following week the game stinks the place out. It's a chance you take. But as you well know you've always got the choice to say "fuck this" and keep your hard earned in the bank.
It was a different game before Sky came along mate.I was a kid and didn't get a great deal of pocket money(less than all my friends infact),but I could always go to watch West Ham because it was cheap.We could all afford it..Nowadays you need a mortgage.I would honestly have to save up to take my 3 kids to Football.My kids wanted to go and I didn't want them to miss out. and I am glad they did.Did you take your kids?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:04 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:36 am

It was a different game before Sky came along mate.I was a kid and didn't get a great deal of pocket money(less than all my friends infact),but I could always go to watch West Ham because it was cheap.We could all afford it..Nowadays you need a mortgage.I would honestly have to save up to take my 3 kids to Football.My kids wanted to go and I didn't want them to miss out. and I am glad they did.Did you take your kids?
I've taken the boys to football matches but neither of them have any interest in West Ham. When I first mentioned going to a West Ham match to my eldest, when he was about 7 or 8 he said something along the lines of "I don't want to watch them, they're rubbish". The eldest was born in 1979 and grew up when Liverpool were the dominant force so he has always supported them and his brother (4 years younger) followed his older brother's example. So I've been to Anfield quite a bit with them and seen us take some pastings there but the games we all most enjoyed watching together was when I've taken them to some of the major grounds in Europe to take in a game. Any excuse for a trip abroad, that's my motto.

Don't blame Sky for football being so expensive today though. All seater stadiums was when prices started to jump upwards and that was nothing to do with Sky. Tbh I get pissed off with people knocking Sky. They have allowed many thousands of people who couldn't otherwise afford to attend games to follow the game from their armchairs. Not to mention people like me who simply can't be arsed to actually go any more, unless it's somewhere in Europe I haven't been before.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

There are cheap tickets for cup games and certain league matches that are cut price or kids for a quid if you want to go over there.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:11 pm There are cheap tickets for cup games and certain league matches that are cut price or kids for a quid if you want to go over there.
My kids are older now Dwayne.They still go,not all the time,but they like get down there when they can.I haven't been down for a few years,but will try and get down there sometime this season.Like Whiskyman in the late 70s and 80s and half the 90's.,I went to loads of games,home and away.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:11 pm There are cheap tickets for cup games and certain league matches that are cut price or kids for a quid if you want to go over there.
Quite . And the way I see it is if you can afford a Sky subscription you can afford to go over West Ham .

Maybe not every game , maybe not out on the piss with your beer buddies making a day of it , and certainly not eating and drinking in the stadium .

But I bet over a prolonged period of time a Hammers season ticket is cheaper.

That just a guess by the way .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:36 pm
Quite . And the way I see it is if you can afford a Sky subscription you can afford to go over West Ham .

Maybe not every game , maybe not out on the piss with your beer buddies making a day of it , and certainly not eating and drinking in the stadium .

Slipping into "When I was a lad " mode it's much harder (financially) now for kids to go then when I first started going. That's the big difference. It's not just the actual ticket but you also have to factor in the cost of travel. A return ticket from where I live to Stratford is only £16 but obviously anyone with further to travel pays more.

No idea how much a ST is these days because I don't go any more but my Sky TV package and broadband, following a re negotiation with Virgin Media, costs me £61.50 a month . Of course to watch non Sky/BT West Ham matches I have to use the Firestick method but of course my £61.50 also gets me any game chosen by the broadcaster if I want to watch it. Not to mention live Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 matches if I want them (which I don't) and a weekly roundup of those leagues (which I do watch). All in all good VFM as far as I'm concerned.

Wouldn't think the all seating stadiums are a good experience for anyone wanting to take young kids to watch as from what I've seen on the box most fuckers are standing up in the seats which I guess means if there are kids behind them they'll be able to see fuck all. I still go to the occasional special game with my boys and their kids but the PL is all viewed from my armchair these days I'm afraid.

In fact, fuck it, I'm not afraid of that fact at all. ;)

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:52 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:36 pm

Slipping into "When I was a lad " mode it's much harder (financially) now for kids to go then when I first started going. That's the big difference. It's not just the actual ticket but you also have to factor in the cost of travel. A return ticket from where I live to Stratford is only £16 but obviously anyone with further to travel pays more.

No idea how much a ST is these days because I don't go any more but my Sky TV package and broadband, following a re negotiation with Virgin Media, costs me £61.50 a month . Of course to watch non Sky/BT West Ham matches I have to use the Firestick method but of course my £61.50 also gets me any game chosen by the broadcaster if I want to watch it. Not to mention live Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 matches if I want them (which I don't) and a weekly roundup of those leagues (which I do watch). All in all good VFM as far as I'm concerned.

Wouldn't think the all seating stadiums are a good experience for anyone wanting to take young kids to watch as from what I've seen on the box most fuckers are standing up in the seats which I guess means if there are kids behind them they'll be able to see fuck all. I still go to the occasional special game with my boys and their kids but the PL is all viewed from my armchair these days I'm afraid.

In fact, fuck it, I'm not afraid of that fact at all. ;)
A proper supporter ( an away fan) :D
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest